Anytimeupgrade CLEAN install

=?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW5jaHJpcw==?=

Anytimeupgrade CLEAN install
Can anyone give me a preview of how Anytime Upgrade will work? I know you're
SUPPOSED to install the version you bought (I recieved Vista Business via the
Action Pack and wish to go to Ultimate), then run through the Anytime Upgrade
process from there.

However, I like my systems REALLY clean (maybe I'm weird like that), and I
was HOPING that after paying my money for Anytime upgrade, eventually I'd
recieve a Vista Ultimate product key, which I could use to install Ultimate
completely fresh(without having to first install Vista Business and then run
through a smaller, secondary install to upgrade).

I *just* paid my money for Anytime upgrade, so I won't know if I get a
regular product key to use against the multiple version install DVD for up to
5 days (processing time). Any advice?? TIA!!

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Anytimeupgrade CLEAN install
The Anytime Upgrade IS an upgrade.

You will be given an upgrade product key that can only be used for that
purpose. There is a workaround posted in many messages on this group.

Make sure that you use the option to get the physical installation DVD with
your order.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"brianchris" <brianchris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone give me a preview of how Anytime Upgrade will work? I know
> you're
> SUPPOSED to install the version you bought (I recieved Vista Business via
> the
> Action Pack and wish to go to Ultimate), then run through the Anytime
> Upgrade
> process from there.
>
> However, I like my systems REALLY clean (maybe I'm weird like that), and I
> was HOPING that after paying my money for Anytime upgrade, eventually I'd
> recieve a Vista Ultimate product key, which I could use to install
> Ultimate
> completely fresh(without having to first install Vista Business and then
> run
> through a smaller, secondary install to upgrade).
>
> I *just* paid my money for Anytime upgrade, so I won't know if I get a
> regular product key to use against the multiple version install DVD for up
> 5 days (processing time). Any advice?? TIA!!

=?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW5jaHJpcw==?=

Re: Anytimeupgrade CLEAN install
Thank you for your reply!

Yes, upgrade would imply "upgrade," however I don't think my logic was too
crazy because its been beat into our heads that "every version of Vista is on
a single DVD, and the product key determines which version gets installed."
From that, I *assumed* that I would recieve an ultimate product key from
which I can do a true clean install of Ultimate.

Another reason why I really HOPE I can do this is because I clean install my
PC at least once per year, and I'd hate to have to preform the two step
installation process to Ultimate each time.

You mention a workaround, which I'm extremely interested in, but a search of
the Vista > Install group for "anytime upgrade workaround" only brings up
this very thread. Would you be willing to provide more hints, such as better
search term to use, or perhaps a different group (other than Install) that I
should be looking / searching within?

Regardless, I appreaciate the help you have already given!!

-Brian

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> The Anytime Upgrade IS an upgrade.
>
> You will be given an upgrade product key that can only be used for that
> purpose. There is a workaround posted in many messages on this group.
>
> Make sure that you use the option to get the physical installation DVD with
> your order.
>
> --
>

> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> "brianchris" <brianchris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone give me a preview of how Anytime Upgrade will work? I know
> > you're
> > SUPPOSED to install the version you bought (I recieved Vista Business via
> > the
> > Action Pack and wish to go to Ultimate), then run through the Anytime
> > Upgrade
> > process from there.
> >
> > However, I like my systems REALLY clean (maybe I'm weird like that), and I
> > was HOPING that after paying my money for Anytime upgrade, eventually I'd
> > recieve a Vista Ultimate product key, which I could use to install
> > Ultimate
> > completely fresh(without having to first install Vista Business and then
> > run
> > through a smaller, secondary install to upgrade).
> >
> > I *just* paid my money for Anytime upgrade, so I won't know if I get a
> > regular product key to use against the multiple version install DVD for up
> > 5 days (processing time). Any advice?? TIA!!

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Anytimeupgrade CLEAN install
This information is all over the web now. See the following link.

http://www.windowssecrets.com/comp/070201#story1