Access to my Administrator Account

=?Utf-8?B?TGVlIEJlY2s=?=

Access to my Administrator Account
I just updated from XP to Vista Home Premium. In all other versions of
windows installation I simply bypassed the request for password logon so that
I could boot quickly and unattended. This is my home computer and there are
no security issues within the house (I do of course employ AV software).
After my Vista install I find that my first screen is for Administrator and
it asks for a password, which I don't have. I am able to "switch user" to
"Lee" so I might have created a user account in a previous installation of
W2K or XP. My dilemma is that all of my documents and settings are
apparently in the "Administrator" account.

My first preference is to eliminate the logon screen as I have in past OSs.
If this is impossible in Vista, I need to figure out how to get into my admin
account so that I can copy information (e.g., IE bookmarks) into an account
that I can access.
As a last resort I will try to "undo" my vista installation. I did create a
restore point prior to installing vista, but did not create a complete backup
- only a few important things like email address book etc.

I have a feeling that all of my old stuff is in Vista - Probably in the
administrator account, but I don't know how to get there.

Thanks for your help.

CharlesE

Re: Access to my Administrator Account
Leaving just the System Admin account as the only one and active is bad,
security risk.

You can have just one account (other than the disabled System Admin) and
leave it with no password and it will boot right to it.

If you want more, keep your eyes peeled for TweakVista.

CharlesE