BSOD OEM Vista Ultimate 64 bit

NellyD04

BSOD OEM Vista Ultimate 64 bit
I am trying to install an OEM Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit edition...I had
Windows XP but I had since lost the disc and I got a virus and in turn I
messed up my registry, ruining my copy of windows. I decided to just do a
fresh install and buy Vista Ultimate along with building a new computer save
for the hard drives which I kept. When I got to the partition manager in
Vista install I deleted all the partitions that were on my 1st hard drive (I
had RC2 of Vista, XP and Linux on Hard drive 1) and then I created a new
partition, leaving me with two partitions, the blank hard drive 1 and the
full hard drive 2 (backup). However when I go to install Vista, I get the
blue screen of death with the uncorrectable hardware error. I have no clue
what to do, I don't have a separate sound card, I have no clue what piece of
hardware could be causing the error

System Specs:
BIOSTAR TForce4SLI 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
Nvidia GeForce 7800GT
AMD Athlon 3500+
2 GB Corsair RAM
NEC Dual Layer DVD burner
Maxtor 140 GB non SATA hard drive (the drive for windows to be installed on)
40 GB non SATA hard drive (has all my files I want to keep from my old OS)

HapZungLam

RE: BSOD OEM Vista Ultimate 64 bit
Did the blue screen of death happen after you use your Vista DVD boot off at
the beginning? When did the blue screen kicks in

"NellyD04" wrote:

> I am trying to install an OEM Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit edition...I had
> Windows XP but I had since lost the disc and I got a virus and in turn I
> messed up my registry, ruining my copy of windows. I decided to just do a
> fresh install and buy Vista Ultimate along with building a new computer save
> for the hard drives which I kept. When I got to the partition manager in
> Vista install I deleted all the partitions that were on my 1st hard drive (I
> had RC2 of Vista, XP and Linux on Hard drive 1) and then I created a new
> partition, leaving me with two partitions, the blank hard drive 1 and the
> full hard drive 2 (backup). However when I go to install Vista, I get the
> blue screen of death with the uncorrectable hardware error. I have no clue
> what to do, I don't have a separate sound card, I have no clue what piece of
> hardware could be causing the error
>
> System Specs:
> BIOSTAR TForce4SLI 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
> Nvidia GeForce 7800GT
> AMD Athlon 3500+
> 2 GB Corsair RAM
> NEC Dual Layer DVD burner
> Maxtor 140 GB non SATA hard drive (the drive for windows to be installed on)
> 40 GB non SATA hard drive (has all my files I want to keep from my old OS)

NellyD04

RE: BSOD OEM Vista Ultimate 64 bit
Never mind, I fixed it, removing the second hard drive did it, I have no clue
how or why but it installed fine