Please HELP.. VISTA Ultimate & Windows Live ONE CARE

Kenneth Cummings

Please HELP.. VISTA Ultimate & Windows Live ONE CARE
Hello,

I recently purchased Vista Ultimate Edition (Upgraded Black Box
Version) at Best Buy. I really love the new look, feel and features of Vista
and I upgraded from XP Media Center 2005.. Media Center and Vista work
beautifully, HOWEVER, in the Windows Security Alerts Shiel Icon
within the tray of my computer it states that I do NOT have any Malware,
Virus, Spyware Protection..

I used to utilize ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.7++ as my Firewall, Virus
and Malware Protection under XP Media Center.. However, when
I got this Vista Ultimate Upgrade there were compatibility issues so I went
with the Microsoft Windows Live One Care complete box set at
Best Buy..

My problem is.. I can't install Windows Live One Care, AND, It seems
that I am being BLOCKED from removing the old ZoneAlarm
Security Suite as well from my computer.. I really do NOT know what to do
about this.. My Vista is working beautifully and I do not want to
get any Viruses/Malware/Spyware on my new Vista Ultimate Edition..

What can I do to get the Windows Live One Care on my system.??

So far I've tried the following (all UNSUCCESSFULLY)..

1.) Type appwiz.cpl (hit enter)
2.) In the Uninstall or Change a Program List, I clicked on Windows
Defender and then I clicked on Windows Defender and tried to remove
any remnants of the OLDER version of Defender I had on my XP Media Center
2005..
3.) When it was NOT in the program list, I clicked on the Start Search text
box in Vista..
4.) I then typed in (per instructions by Instant Support), to type:
msiexec /x {A5CC2A09-E9D3-49EC-923D-03874BBD4C2C}, then I hit Enter
and restarted my computer (per the previous instructions)..
5.) I ALSO ran the Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and tried to
remove any previous versions..

I then tried to RE-INSTALL the new boxed set of Windows Live One Care
that I purchased from Best Buy to replace my ZoneAlarm
Security Suite that I had been previously utilizing in my Media Center
(along with my Defender that I had also working in my XP Media
Center)..

NOTHING seems to work.. When I attempt to Re-Install I get a stupid
error Code: 0020-80070643..

Thanks for any HELP..

Sincerely,
Ken.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Please HELP.. VISTA Ultimate & Windows Live ONE CARE
Please visit the Windows OneCare Forum:
http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsO....aspx?SiteID=2

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Kenneth Cummings" wrote:

[...]

Thx Carey,

Did not mean to mis post this.. All this happened when
I upgraded to Vista Ultimate after installation so I thought this was the
proper group to post to..

Sorry..

Ken.
> Please visit the Windows OneCare Forum:
> http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsO....aspx?SiteID=2
>

> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "Kenneth Cummings" wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I recently purchased Vista Ultimate Edition (Upgraded Black Box
> Version) at Best Buy. I really love the new look, feel and features of
> Vista
> and I upgraded from XP Media Center 2005.. Media Center and Vista work
> beautifully, HOWEVER, in the Windows Security Alerts Shiel Icon
> within the tray of my computer it states that I do NOT have any Malware,
> Virus, Spyware Protection..
>
> I used to utilize ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.7++ as my Firewall, Virus
> and Malware Protection under XP Media Center.. However, when
> I got this Vista Ultimate Upgrade there were compatibility issues so I
> went
> with the Microsoft Windows Live One Care complete box set at
> Best Buy..
>
> My problem is.. I can't install Windows Live One Care, AND, It seems
> that I am being BLOCKED from removing the old ZoneAlarm
> Security Suite as well from my computer.. I really do NOT know what to do
> about this.. My Vista is working beautifully and I do not want to
> get any Viruses/Malware/Spyware on my new Vista Ultimate Edition..
>
> What can I do to get the Windows Live One Care on my system.??
>
> So far I've tried the following (all UNSUCCESSFULLY)..
>
> 1.) Type appwiz.cpl (hit enter)
> 2.) In the Uninstall or Change a Program List, I clicked on Windows
> Defender and then I clicked on Windows Defender and tried to remove
> any remnants of the OLDER version of Defender I had on my XP Media Center
> 2005..
> 3.) When it was NOT in the program list, I clicked on the Start Search
> text
> box in Vista..
> 4.) I then typed in (per instructions by Instant Support), to type:
> msiexec /x {A5CC2A09-E9D3-49EC-923D-03874BBD4C2C}, then I hit Enter
> and restarted my computer (per the previous instructions)..
> 5.) I ALSO ran the Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and tried
> remove any previous versions..
>
> I then tried to RE-INSTALL the new boxed set of Windows Live One Care
> that I purchased from Best Buy to replace my ZoneAlarm
> Security Suite that I had been previously utilizing in my Media Center
> (along with my Defender that I had also working in my XP Media
> Center)..
>
> NOTHING seems to work.. When I attempt to Re-Install I get a stupid
> error Code: 0020-80070643..
>
> Thanks for any HELP..
>
> Sincerely,
> Ken.

AJR

Re: Please HELP.. VISTA Ultimate & Windows Live ONE CARE
Originally Live One Care was not compatible with Vista - a beta version was
available which has now gone "retail".

"Kenneth Cummings" <comic.castle@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I recently purchased Vista Ultimate Edition (Upgraded Black Box
> Version) at Best Buy. I really love the new look, feel and features of
> Vista
> and I upgraded from XP Media Center 2005.. Media Center and Vista work
> beautifully, HOWEVER, in the Windows Security Alerts Shiel Icon
> within the tray of my computer it states that I do NOT have any Malware,
> Virus, Spyware Protection..
>
> I used to utilize ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.7++ as my Firewall, Virus
> and Malware Protection under XP Media Center.. However, when
> I got this Vista Ultimate Upgrade there were compatibility issues so I
> went with the Microsoft Windows Live One Care complete box set at
> Best Buy..
>
> My problem is.. I can't install Windows Live One Care, AND, It seems
> that I am being BLOCKED from removing the old ZoneAlarm
> Security Suite as well from my computer.. I really do NOT know what to do
> about this.. My Vista is working beautifully and I do not want to
> get any Viruses/Malware/Spyware on my new Vista Ultimate Edition..
>
> What can I do to get the Windows Live One Care on my system.??
>
> So far I've tried the following (all UNSUCCESSFULLY)..
>
> 1.) Type appwiz.cpl (hit enter)
> 2.) In the Uninstall or Change a Program List, I clicked on Windows
> Defender and then I clicked on Windows Defender and tried to remove
> any remnants of the OLDER version of Defender I had on my XP Media Center
> 2005..
> 3.) When it was NOT in the program list, I clicked on the Start Search
> text box in Vista..
> 4.) I then typed in (per instructions by Instant Support), to type:
> msiexec /x {A5CC2A09-E9D3-49EC-923D-03874BBD4C2C}, then I hit Enter
> and restarted my computer (per the previous instructions)..
> 5.) I ALSO ran the Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and tried
> to remove any previous versions..
>
> I then tried to RE-INSTALL the new boxed set of Windows Live One Care
> that I purchased from Best Buy to replace my ZoneAlarm
> Security Suite that I had been previously utilizing in my Media Center
> (along with my Defender that I had also working in my XP Media
> Center)..
>
> NOTHING seems to work.. When I attempt to Re-Install I get a stupid
> error Code: 0020-80070643..
>
> Thanks for any HELP..
>
> Sincerely,
> Ken.

Kenneth Cummings

Re: Please HELP.. VISTA Ultimate & Windows Live ONE CARE
Thx,

I must have that version because it states on the Boxed set that I
purchased with my Vista Ultimate that it "-IS-" Vista ready/compliant
right on the box.. I've also now placed this on the Windows Live OneCare
link that Carey provided me, but I haven't received any response back
yet..

I really, really, HOPE that I do NOT have to reinstall XP Media Center
2005 and wipe out the Defender/ZoneAlarm prior to upgrading.. It took over
4 1/2 hours when Best Buy Geek Squad agents installed Vista Ultimate the
first time..

Thx again,
Ken