Viao Laptop Fn Key Driver for Vista?

don.kidick@gmail.com

Viao Laptop Fn Key Driver for Vista?
Hi,

I have just installed Vista on my Vaio VGN-BX196SP laptop and nearly
everything was detected and installed OK. The internal memory card
readers and fingerprint scanner seem to be fine using the old XP
drivers.

The problem I have is with the Fn key. This is used to control the
brightness of the screen along with volume and a couple of other
functions. This key no longer has any effect. I can live without the
volume controls but not the screen brightness. On XP the screen dimmed
to 50% brightness when running on batteries to save power but of
course this doesn't happen either. I can't find any way to adjust the
screen brightness without using the Fn key. The Sony support site
doesn't have any drivers for Vista.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Dave B.

Re: Viao Laptop Fn Key Driver for Vista?
You'll have to wait for Sony to update their drivers.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com
<don.ki****@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1170339535.954164.256270@v45g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed Vista on my Vaio VGN-BX196SP laptop and nearly
> everything was detected and installed OK. The internal memory card
> readers and fingerprint scanner seem to be fine using the old XP
> drivers.
>
> The problem I have is with the Fn key. This is used to control the
> brightness of the screen along with volume and a couple of other
> functions. This key no longer has any effect. I can live without the
> volume controls but not the screen brightness. On XP the screen dimmed
> to 50% brightness when running on batteries to save power but of
> course this doesn't happen either. I can't find any way to adjust the
> screen brightness without using the Fn key. The Sony support site
> doesn't have any drivers for Vista.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance...

=?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

Re: Viao Laptop Fn Key Driver for Vista?
On Sonystyle.com click support and you may be able to re-download your
drivers that initially came with your Sony Vaio. Many of the applications and
drivers were made compatable with vista.

"Dave B." wrote:

> You'll have to wait for Sony to update their drivers.
>
> --
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.db-pc.com
> <don.ki****@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1170339535.954164.256270@v45g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just installed Vista on my Vaio VGN-BX196SP laptop and nearly
> > everything was detected and installed OK. The internal memory card
> > readers and fingerprint scanner seem to be fine using the old XP
> > drivers.
> >
> > The problem I have is with the Fn key. This is used to control the
> > brightness of the screen along with volume and a couple of other
> > functions. This key no longer has any effect. I can live without the
> > volume controls but not the screen brightness. On XP the screen dimmed
> > to 50% brightness when running on batteries to save power but of
> > course this doesn't happen either. I can't find any way to adjust the
> > screen brightness without using the Fn key. The Sony support site
> > doesn't have any drivers for Vista.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks in advance...

jimsmithchicago@gmail.com

Re: Viao Laptop Fn Key Driver for Vista?
after 4 tries, I finally got all f-keys to work on my Sony Vaio
laptop. I have a Vaio that is about 1.5 years old and a Sony tech has
told me that mine is too old to support Vista and they have NO plans
to provide Vista drivers for this laptop. I have a complete list of
the 5 drivers it took to get these to work and the order they have to
be loaded/installed. What does NOT work is the auto change of
brightness when unplugging power but all else works just like before.
If anyone is interested, email me at the email address that follows
and I will send you a .jpg showing the file names and the order. AND
if anyone figured out how to get the auto change in brightness or the
2 "S" buttons to work, please let me know.

Email me at sony-laptop-vista-problem<remove>@couldbespam.com and be
sure to remove the angle brackets and the word remove as I did that to
make harvesting more difficult.

Jim Smith

=?Utf-8?B?Um9k?=

Re: Viao Laptop Fn Key Driver for Vista?
yes, i would love to know how to get the s1 and s2 keys to work too.

Rod