Some questions before buying Vista .

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlIERpc3BsYXkgTmFtZSBpcyBzcG9pbHQgOkQ=?=

Some questions before buying Vista .
Hi,

1) I use my computer for entertainment purposes and do you think it is right
for me to buy a Windows Vista Utimate ?

2) I have an Epson CX4100 2 in 1 , printer and scanner , does it support
Vista too ?

3) Do you think I shld buy an OEM version of Vista since I don't mind abt
the packaging and the technical support from Microsoft as I can always do a
system recovery .

4) If I were to do a system recovery for my Windows Vista do I need to
insert the OEM DVD and reinstall it or only the retail DVD can have that
ability to do a full system recovery ?

5) Since I am running XP home now can I also install Vista together with XP
hence I got an option to choose which version I want to boot from .[If
possible , pls give me the methods to do it , Thanks]

Pls help , I am not that "pro" in computer.

Thank you

=?Utf-8?B?UmlkZXN5?=

RE: Some questions before buying Vista .
Hi,

1. Depends on what you want to do, Home Premium has "Media Centre" included,
just not suitable for office networks and domain name servers, so if this is
for DVD playback etc at home then Home Premium is a much cheaper option.

Of course Ultimate has it all!

2. Don't know you need to check their website to see what they say on
compatibility with Vista, but so far all the printers I have used/checked are
OK (but they are all quite new).

3. OEM should only be installed by a "system builder" with a new or rebuilt
system, no one here would condone you using this as a way to get a cheap copy!

4. Refer to 3!

5. Yes, dual boot is simple. If you have XP installed just boot from Vista
DVD and install Vista on a separate partition/drive and you should then be
faced with Windows Boot Manager screen on start-up asking which OS you wish
to boot "older version of Windows (XP) or Vista.

Ridesy

"The Display Name is spoilt " wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1) I use my computer for entertainment purposes and do you think it is right
> for me to buy a Windows Vista Utimate ?
>
> 2) I have an Epson CX4100 2 in 1 , printer and scanner , does it support
> Vista too ?
>
> 3) Do you think I shld buy an OEM version of Vista since I don't mind abt
> the packaging and the technical support from Microsoft as I can always do a
> system recovery .
>
> 4) If I were to do a system recovery for my Windows Vista do I need to
> insert the OEM DVD and reinstall it or only the retail DVD can have that
> ability to do a full system recovery ?
>
> 5) Since I am running XP home now can I also install Vista together with XP
> hence I got an option to choose which version I want to boot from .[If
> possible , pls give me the methods to do it , Thanks]
>
> Pls help , I am not that "pro" in computer.
>
> Thank you

=?UTF-8?B?QW5kcsOp?=

Re: Some questions before buying Vista .
> 3) Do you think I shld buy an OEM version of Vista since I don't mind abt
> the packaging and the technical support from Microsoft as I can always do a
> system recovery .

If you intend to use this computer as it is for a few good years, then
by all means, I seen no problem why you shouldnt be able to save a few
bucks and buy the oem instead.