Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Cannot install, getting very annoyed!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2007
=?Utf-8?B?TWFmZg==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Cannot install, getting very annoyed!
I've posted before, but thought it best to start again as I've more time to
mess with it and more information

OK, I've had Vista for 3 nights now and below is what I've tried and the
outcomes I've got!

partitioned my C:\ drive keeping current XP installation on C:\ and using
the other for Vista

tried installing from within XP to new partition
tried installing from DVD to new partition

gone into the BIOS, turned off everything (USB, Firewire, audio, network
card etc etc), unplugged everything (including swapping my memory around and
taking some out) but monitor & keyboard and then tried installing from within
XP and straight from disc


Formatted my C:\ drive, losing my XP installation and put the HDD back to a
single partition

tried installing from disc to c:\ drive as normal
tried installing again with everything turned off in the BIOS
tried again with everything turned off and letting the Vista disc format the
C:\ drive
tried with everything turned off and a different model graphics card!


altogether I've tried to install it around 8-10 times



one of two things happen each time:

i) It starts installing OK, reboots a couple of times and while still with
the installation list on screen it freezes on "Completing Instalation"

ii) It seems to install fine, asks for username, PC name & wallapaper, boots
to a black screen with mouse pointer and then freezes

with the 1st outcome if I restart the PC it boots up and says something went
wrong and it cannot complete the installation and then removes everything
from the HDD

with the 2nd outcome it just restarts and gets to the same point each time,
or if I boot to safe mode it just says that installation could not be
completed in safemode and then restarts it self and freezes on the black
screen again.


My PC is 2 months old and passed the Vista "test" software from their site

Intel 945 chipset, Foxconn motherboard, Pentium D 3.4Ghz, 2Gb DDR2 RAM (2x
512Mb & 1x 1024Mb - I've tried removing the 1024 as that didn't come with the
PC), GeForce 7950GT 256Mb PCI-E (also tried with my brothers 7300), Sony
BWU-100A Blu-ray writer, 4 internal HDD's (I have 3 IDE interfaces)


Please, please, please could someone help as this is really doing my head in
now & I don't have a computer to use (and to cap off a bad night, my new
Hi-def camcorder just broke and it's only 6 weeks old and I have my first
child due soon and we need it working!!!)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2007
=?Utf-8?B?SnVzdGlu?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Cannot install, getting very annoyed!


"Maff" wrote:

> I've posted before, but thought it best to start again as I've more time to
> mess with it and more information
>
> OK, I've had Vista for 3 nights now and below is what I've tried and the
> outcomes I've got!
>
> partitioned my C:\ drive keeping current XP installation on C:\ and using
> the other for Vista
>
> tried installing from within XP to new partition
> tried installing from DVD to new partition
>
> gone into the BIOS, turned off everything (USB, Firewire, audio, network
> card etc etc), unplugged everything (including swapping my memory around and
> taking some out) but monitor & keyboard and then tried installing from within
> XP and straight from disc
>
>
> Formatted my C:\ drive, losing my XP installation and put the HDD back to a
> single partition
>
> tried installing from disc to c:\ drive as normal
> tried installing again with everything turned off in the BIOS
> tried again with everything turned off and letting the Vista disc format the
> C:\ drive
> tried with everything turned off and a different model graphics card!
>
>
> altogether I've tried to install it around 8-10 times
>
>
>
> one of two things happen each time:
>
> i) It starts installing OK, reboots a couple of times and while still with
> the installation list on screen it freezes on "Completing Instalation"
>
> ii) It seems to install fine, asks for username, PC name & wallapaper, boots
> to a black screen with mouse pointer and then freezes
>
> with the 1st outcome if I restart the PC it boots up and says something went
> wrong and it cannot complete the installation and then removes everything
> from the HDD
>
> with the 2nd outcome it just restarts and gets to the same point each time,
> or if I boot to safe mode it just says that installation could not be
> completed in safemode and then restarts it self and freezes on the black
> screen again.
>
>
> My PC is 2 months old and passed the Vista "test" software from their site
>
> Intel 945 chipset, Foxconn motherboard, Pentium D 3.4Ghz, 2Gb DDR2 RAM (2x
> 512Mb & 1x 1024Mb - I've tried removing the 1024 as that didn't come with the
> PC), GeForce 7950GT 256Mb PCI-E (also tried with my brothers 7300), Sony
> BWU-100A Blu-ray writer, 4 internal HDD's (I have 3 IDE interfaces)
>
>
> Please, please, please could someone help as this is really doing my head in
> now & I don't have a computer to use (and to cap off a bad night, my new
> Hi-def camcorder just broke and it's only 6 weeks old and I have my first
> child due soon and we need it working!!!)

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2007
=?Utf-8?B?SnVzdGlu?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Cannot install, getting very annoyed!
This also happens to me
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +
i) It starts installing OK, reboots a couple of times and while still with
the installation list on screen it freezes on "Completing Instalation""
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It freezes 3/4 way trough Completing Installation, and eighter reboots after
30 minutes auto then gives an error when windows tries to open about
Installation Error Pleas reinstall windows. If i boot in safemode I get this
error:....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If I boot to safe mode it just says that installation could not be
completed in safemode and then restarts it self and freezes on the black
screen again.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
PC), GeForce 7300 PCI-E, Gigabyte Mobo, Core 2 Duo E6300, 2G Corsair,
Samsung DVD RWHDD Western Digital 250G SATA


Someone help!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2007
=?Utf-8?B?R3JhbnQ=?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Cannot install, getting very annoyed!
I have the same problem here, installation freezes on "completing
installation" around 60%-80% in the bar down the bottom. Cursor freezes as
well. I tried 3 times to install home prem edition, but no luck

PC spec:
Core2 2.1G
2G Ram
320 G HDD, 3G/s seagate one
Gigebyte MB 965 chipped
7600GS


"Justin" wrote:

> This also happens to me
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +
> i) It starts installing OK, reboots a couple of times and while still with
> the installation list on screen it freezes on "Completing Instalation""
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> It freezes 3/4 way trough Completing Installation, and eighter reboots after
> 30 minutes auto then gives an error when windows tries to open about
> Installation Error Pleas reinstall windows. If i boot in safemode I get this
> error:....
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> If I boot to safe mode it just says that installation could not be
> completed in safemode and then restarts it self and freezes on the black
> screen again.
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
> PC), GeForce 7300 PCI-E, Gigabyte Mobo, Core 2 Duo E6300, 2G Corsair,
> Samsung DVD RWHDD Western Digital 250G SATA
>
>
> Someone help!!!!

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2007
Jonathan Yaniv
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Cannot install, getting very annoyed!
Hello,

Does the RAM in your computer match, if you have two 1 gig sticks, are they
the same speed and type? If they are not, this can cause an installation
problem.

--
Please comment about my performance about helping and/or resolving your
issue to Brian
Boston by emailing bboston@microsoft.com. If you could please nominate me
for Windows Vista MVP it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jonathan Yaniv
Windows Live Butterfly Expert

"Grant" <Grant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:34338736-FE2E-4CF9-971D-41AD4AB146E3@microsoft.com...
>I have the same problem here, installation freezes on "completing
> installation" around 60%-80% in the bar down the bottom. Cursor freezes as
> well. I tried 3 times to install home prem edition, but no luck
>
> PC spec:
> Core2 2.1G
> 2G Ram
> 320 G HDD, 3G/s seagate one
> Gigebyte MB 965 chipped
> 7600GS
>
>
> "Justin" wrote:
>
>> This also happens to me
>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +
>> i) It starts installing OK, reboots a couple of times and while still
>> with
>> the installation list on screen it freezes on "Completing Instalation""
>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>
>> It freezes 3/4 way trough Completing Installation, and eighter reboots
>> after
>> 30 minutes auto then gives an error when windows tries to open about
>> Installation Error Pleas reinstall windows. If i boot in safemode I get
>> this
>> error:....
>>
>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> If I boot to safe mode it just says that installation could not be
>> completed in safemode and then restarts it self and freezes on the black
>> screen again.
>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
>> PC), GeForce 7300 PCI-E, Gigabyte Mobo, Core 2 Duo E6300, 2G Corsair,
>> Samsung DVD RWHDD Western Digital 250G SATA
>>
>>
>> Someone help!!!!


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2007
=?Utf-8?B?TGVubnlncnQ=?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Cannot install, getting very annoyed!

Well, Lucky you, I have been trying for a month and about the same results.
I have tried a clean new hard drive, Installing from dvd from scratch,
upgrading various versions of XP, flashing my bios, and several other
useless suggestions from people wanting to help. VISTA just seems to not
want to work with some motherboards and/or bios's. I have the original Beta
and the RC1 factory dvds, so the program is clean. Same dvds have loaded
on other machines, but not this one. I have three suggestions for you: 1.
Go back to XP and enjoy a proven program. 2. Download and learn to use
Ubuntu or some other Linux, 3. Never again attempt to install and use a new
OS on a computer you need. From what I now know, its much easier to just
use XP PRO and have your computer working all the time. From looking at
the number of us who are having this problem, it appears that Vista has a
problem, and there is not a sure solution. Would expect MS to give their
users a hand but????????????????? still waiting.

"Maff" wrote:

> I've posted before, but thought it best to start again as I've more time to
> mess with it and more information
>
> OK, I've had Vista for 3 nights now and below is what I've tried and the
> outcomes I've got!
>
> partitioned my C:\ drive keeping current XP installation on C:\ and using
> the other for Vista
>
> tried installing from within XP to new partition
> tried installing from DVD to new partition
>
> gone into the BIOS, turned off everything (USB, Firewire, audio, network
> card etc etc), unplugged everything (including swapping my memory around and
> taking some out) but monitor & keyboard and then tried installing from within
> XP and straight from disc
>
>
> Formatted my C:\ drive, losing my XP installation and put the HDD back to a
> single partition
>
> tried installing from disc to c:\ drive as normal
> tried installing again with everything turned off in the BIOS
> tried again with everything turned off and letting the Vista disc format the
> C:\ drive
> tried with everything turned off and a different model graphics card!
>
>
> altogether I've tried to install it around 8-10 times
>
>
>
> one of two things happen each time:
>
> i) It starts installing OK, reboots a couple of times and while still with
> the installation list on screen it freezes on "Completing Instalation"
>
> ii) It seems to install fine, asks for username, PC name & wallapaper, boots
> to a black screen with mouse pointer and then freezes
>
> with the 1st outcome if I restart the PC it boots up and says something went
> wrong and it cannot complete the installation and then removes everything
> from the HDD
>
> with the 2nd outcome it just restarts and gets to the same point each time,
> or if I boot to safe mode it just says that installation could not be
> completed in safemode and then restarts it self and freezes on the black
> screen again.
>
>
> My PC is 2 months old and passed the Vista "test" software from their site
>
> Intel 945 chipset, Foxconn motherboard, Pentium D 3.4Ghz, 2Gb DDR2 RAM (2x
> 512Mb & 1x 1024Mb - I've tried removing the 1024 as that didn't come with the
> PC), GeForce 7950GT 256Mb PCI-E (also tried with my brothers 7300), Sony
> BWU-100A Blu-ray writer, 4 internal HDD's (I have 3 IDE interfaces)
>
>
> Please, please, please could someone help as this is really doing my head in
> now & I don't have a computer to use (and to cap off a bad night, my new
> Hi-def camcorder just broke and it's only 6 weeks old and I have my first
> child due soon and we need it working!!!)

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2007
=?Utf-8?B?VGhlIENBVA==?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Cannot install, getting very annoyed!
Guess what?? Keep waiting........

Microsoft was not ready to release this product. Many thousands of users
including ourselves have had these errors occur. Some users like have found
solutions, hopefully they will work for you as they haven't for me:


- Newer video cards are problematic, try downgrading to one of your older
Video cards if possible when installing, replace with your newer card after
installation.

- SATA hard drives have also been an issue as well as mixed drive setups
(SATA and IDE HD's in same system). Some users have found unplugging SATA
drives and installing Vista to a lone IDE drive solves this issue. After
install ghost Vista IDE drive and restore to SATA to finish.

- Less frequently I have read that disabling Hyperthreading has worked as
well as setting your mobo to run in IDE mode rather than Enhanced or SATA
mode have also helped. It also has been suggested to unplug all USB and other
external devices (Printers, etc.), also using a PS2 mouse and keyboard have
been recommended.



"Lennygrt" wrote:

>
> Well, Lucky you, I have been trying for a month and about the same results.
> I have tried a clean new hard drive, Installing from dvd from scratch,
> upgrading various versions of XP, flashing my bios, and several other
> useless suggestions from people wanting to help. VISTA just seems to not
> want to work with some motherboards and/or bios's. I have the original Beta
> and the RC1 factory dvds, so the program is clean. Same dvds have loaded
> on other machines, but not this one. I have three suggestions for you: 1.
> Go back to XP and enjoy a proven program. 2. Download and learn to use
> Ubuntu or some other Linux, 3. Never again attempt to install and use a new
> OS on a computer you need. From what I now know, its much easier to just
> use XP PRO and have your computer working all the time. From looking at
> the number of us who are having this problem, it appears that Vista has a
> problem, and there is not a sure solution. Would expect MS to give their
> users a hand but????????????????? still waiting.


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-09-2007
=?Utf-8?B?cmdhcmFnaHR5anI=?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Cannot install, getting very annoyed!


"The CAT" wrote:

> Guess what?? Keep waiting........
>
> Microsoft was not ready to release this product. Many thousands of users
> including ourselves have had these errors occur. Some users like have found
> solutions, hopefully they will work for you as they haven't for me:
>
>
> - Newer video cards are problematic, try downgrading to one of your older
> Video cards if possible when installing, replace with your newer card after
> installation.
>
> - SATA hard drives have also been an issue as well as mixed drive setups
> (SATA and IDE HD's in same system). Some users have found unplugging SATA
> drives and installing Vista to a lone IDE drive solves this issue. After
> install ghost Vista IDE drive and restore to SATA to finish.
>
> - Less frequently I have read that disabling Hyperthreading has worked as
> well as setting your mobo to run in IDE mode rather than Enhanced or SATA
> mode have also helped. It also has been suggested to unplug all USB and other
> external devices (Printers, etc.), also using a PS2 mouse and keyboard have
> been recommended.
>
>
>
> "Lennygrt" wrote:
>
> >
> > Well, Lucky you, I have been trying for a month and about the same results.
> > I have tried a clean new hard drive, Installing from dvd from scratch,
> > upgrading various versions of XP, flashing my bios, and several other
> > useless suggestions from people wanting to help. VISTA just seems to not
> > want to work with some motherboards and/or bios's. I have the original Beta
> > and the RC1 factory dvds, so the program is clean. Same dvds have loaded
> > on other machines, but not this one. I have three suggestions for you: 1.
> > Go back to XP and enjoy a proven program. 2. Download and learn to use
> > Ubuntu or some other Linux, 3. Never again attempt to install and use a new
> > OS on a computer you need. From what I now know, its much easier to just
> > use XP PRO and have your computer working all the time. From looking at
> > the number of us who are having this problem, it appears that Vista has a
> > problem, and there is not a sure solution. Would expect MS to give their
> > users a hand but????????????????? still waiting.

>

True, I put together a system for it an ECS C51GM-m a duel core amd 64 4600
and new 100 GB drive and later a new 160 all Par IDEwith 1.5 Gb memory
sharing 256 MB of it for video this is an ividia north bridge south bridge
chip set with embedded gForce 6100 video realtec lan cystal audio, tried
three times, and on the last reboot the screen you are talking avout it goes
crazy slanted lines multiple screens I suspect gave up, loaded Ubuntu,
everything works, then tried to load win 200k to try the advisor, it won't
load not even format the drive, (gives a format error message to give tech
services, even when wiped clean by the manufactuer's setup disc, is this some
kind of priratcy protection in vista, three trys you're out? Where is the
hardware compatiablity list? Might try a stand alone video card, embedded
turned off and another new drive! Fustrated yes, not since winders was only a
shell running on top of DOS, has this fustrated me. By the way it's an OEM
system bulder package for Ultimate 64 bit vista.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Um9v?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Cannot install, getting very annoyed!
There are alot of us with the same problem; which microsoft seems to be
ignoring. I have OEM version of Vista Ultimate. which I installed and ran
perfectly on my new system.
Asus M2n deluxe board.
Athlon 64 X2 5200+
2 GB paired Corsair Dominator memory
Asus EN7600GT graphics
Good power supply etc
It ran like a dream. I tried to do a duel boot to find out about ubuntu and
managed to corrupt windows in the process oops.
Since that Vista won't re-install black screen just like the rest of you.
I've even checked and wiped the drive absolutely clean with Hitachi Drive
fitness test (its a Hitachi drive) so Vista has no excuse whatsoever for not
re-installing.
Question does anyone know if m/soft have in some way put a limit on how many
times we can re-install if we get problems and have to wipe the drive and
start again?
Two points I feel I want to make
1. Stop thinking its your equipement -because mine has done it on the same
machine it ran perfectly on.
2. Pull your finger out Microsoft it sounds like you owe us all an apology
and its time to get honest and start sending out some replacement discs.
After all when we build a system for someone we can't just tell them "Oh by
the way its an OEM version. If you accidently corrupt your files then your
computer is dead. Its just tough luck" now can we?


"The CAT" wrote:

> Guess what?? Keep waiting........
>
> Microsoft was not ready to release this product. Many thousands of users
> including ourselves have had these errors occur. Some users like have found
> solutions, hopefully they will work for you as they haven't for me:
>
>
> - Newer video cards are problematic, try downgrading to one of your older
> Video cards if possible when installing, replace with your newer card after
> installation.
>
> - SATA hard drives have also been an issue as well as mixed drive setups
> (SATA and IDE HD's in same system). Some users have found unplugging SATA
> drives and installing Vista to a lone IDE drive solves this issue. After
> install ghost Vista IDE drive and restore to SATA to finish.
>
> - Less frequently I have read that disabling Hyperthreading has worked as
> well as setting your mobo to run in IDE mode rather than Enhanced or SATA
> mode have also helped. It also has been suggested to unplug all USB and other
> external devices (Printers, etc.), also using a PS2 mouse and keyboard have
> been recommended.
>
>
>
> "Lennygrt" wrote:
>
> >
> > Well, Lucky you, I have been trying for a month and about the same results.
> > I have tried a clean new hard drive, Installing from dvd from scratch,
> > upgrading various versions of XP, flashing my bios, and several other
> > useless suggestions from people wanting to help. VISTA just seems to not
> > want to work with some motherboards and/or bios's. I have the original Beta
> > and the RC1 factory dvds, so the program is clean. Same dvds have loaded
> > on other machines, but not this one. I have three suggestions for you: 1.
> > Go back to XP and enjoy a proven program. 2. Download and learn to use
> > Ubuntu or some other Linux, 3. Never again attempt to install and use a new
> > OS on a computer you need. From what I now know, its much easier to just
> > use XP PRO and have your computer working all the time. From looking at
> > the number of us who are having this problem, it appears that Vista has a
> > problem, and there is not a sure solution. Would expect MS to give their
> > users a hand but????????????????? still waiting.

>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2007
=?Utf-8?B?cmdhcmFnaHR5anI=?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Cannot install, getting very annoyed!


"Roo" wrote:

> There are alot of us with the same problem; which microsoft seems to be
> ignoring. I have OEM version of Vista Ultimate. which I installed and ran
> perfectly on my new system.
> Asus M2n deluxe board.
> Athlon 64 X2 5200+
> 2 GB paired Corsair Dominator memory
> Asus EN7600GT graphics
> Good power supply etc
> It ran like a dream. I tried to do a duel boot to find out about ubuntu and
> managed to corrupt windows in the process oops.
> Since that Vista won't re-install black screen just like the rest of you.
> I've even checked and wiped the drive absolutely clean with Hitachi Drive
> fitness test (its a Hitachi drive) so Vista has no excuse whatsoever for not
> re-installing.
> Question does anyone know if m/soft have in some way put a limit on how many
> times we can re-install if we get problems and have to wipe the drive and
> start again?
> Two points I feel I want to make
> 1. Stop thinking its your equipement -because mine has done it on the same
> machine it ran perfectly on.
> 2. Pull your finger out Microsoft it sounds like you owe us all an apology
> and its time to get honest and start sending out some replacement discs.
> After all when we build a system for someone we can't just tell them "Oh by
> the way its an OEM version. If you accidently corrupt your files then your
> computer is dead. Its just tough luck" now can we?
>
>
> "The CAT" wrote:
>
> > Guess what?? Keep waiting........
> >
> > Microsoft was not ready to release this product. Many thousands of users
> > including ourselves have had these errors occur. Some users like have found
> > solutions, hopefully they will work for you as they haven't for me:
> >
> >
> > - Newer video cards are problematic, try downgrading to one of your older
> > Video cards if possible when installing, replace with your newer card after
> > installation.
> >
> > - SATA hard drives have also been an issue as well as mixed drive setups
> > (SATA and IDE HD's in same system). Some users have found unplugging SATA
> > drives and installing Vista to a lone IDE drive solves this issue. After
> > install ghost Vista IDE drive and restore to SATA to finish.
> >
> > - Less frequently I have read that disabling Hyperthreading has worked as
> > well as setting your mobo to run in IDE mode rather than Enhanced or SATA
> > mode have also helped. It also has been suggested to unplug all USB and other
> > external devices (Printers, etc.), also using a PS2 mouse and keyboard have
> > been recommended.
> >
> >
> >
> > "Lennygrt" wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > Well, Lucky you, I have been trying for a month and about the same results.
> > > I have tried a clean new hard drive, Installing from dvd from scratch,
> > > upgrading various versions of XP, flashing my bios, and several other
> > > useless suggestions from people wanting to help. VISTA just seems to not
> > > want to work with some motherboards and/or bios's. I have the original Beta
> > > and the RC1 factory dvds, so the program is clean. Same dvds have loaded
> > > on other machines, but not this one. I have three suggestions for you: 1.
> > > Go back to XP and enjoy a proven program. 2. Download and learn to use
> > > Ubuntu or some other Linux, 3. Never again attempt to install and use a new
> > > OS on a computer you need. From what I now know, its much easier to just
> > > use XP PRO and have your computer working all the time. From looking at
> > > the number of us who are having this problem, it appears that Vista has a
> > > problem, and there is not a sure solution. Would expect MS to give their
> > > users a hand but????????????????? still waiting.

> >

The last piece of advise is the correct one, I built my ultimate system
picked the moboard with what I wanted at a price break I wanted and bought
oem Ultimate at the same time, new design board should work with more than
minimum chip amd duel 4600, new vid card with the requirements 19-20 tries
later and even using Home basic and failing at various points actually
succeeded in getting it installed when I boot up on a unix cd to replace it
and it loaded a virtual machine it finished the installed inside the virtual
perfectlyy. get a virtual machine this isn't ready for prime time stay with
the hacker's heaven XP and keep getting hacked. MS thinks vista is secure
try putting it on the machine I am on now, and prove your hack proof claim.
Finally found the HCL on the marketing page, and this moboard an amd am2
socket from elite group is XP ONLY, the bulk of the tested and passed boards
are intel chip sets with intel processors on the HCL itz wintel as usual, I
will builkd that system with amd, but th HCL is booked market and I check it
for everything, maybe vista with an integrated service pack 4 or 5 will work
on our boards someday, when "moonbeam" the next os is marketed.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annoyed that I have to wait for 3rd parties =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBDYXJ0ZXI=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 03-01-2007 15:29
You CAN do a Clean Install with the Upgrade Version - NO XP install Needed mail microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 6 02-02-2007 01:59




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:59.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120