Vista RC1 and WMDC HELP!!

=?Utf-8?B?TWFjayBKb25lcw==?=

Vista RC1 and WMDC HELP!!
Have RC1 since it came out and also outlook 2007 trying to use WMDC to sync
my motorola i930 with mobile 2003 se but it comes back with this error:

Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.RapiException: Error CEFileAccess Denied
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.Session.ThrowErrorFor Code(UInt32 err,
String message)
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.Session.ThrowError(UI nt32 err, String
message)
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.Session.ThrowError(UI nt32 err)
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.CERegistryKey.GetValu e(String name, Int32
buffer_size)
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.Device.get_IsTelephon ySupported()
at
Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceManager.PartnershipC ollection.<>c__DisplayClassc.<GenerateFriendlyName >b__9()
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.RapiManager.Invoke(Me thodInvoker method)
at
Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceManager.PartnershipC ollection.GenerateFriendlyName(IPartnership partnership, String currentName)
at
Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceCenter.NewPartnershi pWizard.<.ctor>b__2(Object )
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallb ack_Context(Object
state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallback(Object
state)

Loked in sync partnerships and it shows the device like in explorer but
won't let me set it up. I connect the device WMDC starts up and I click
settings. This is when the message comes up along with the sync screen in the
back ground and then closes the program. Yes I have
uninstalled/reboot/installed/reboot/connect.
Richard G. Harper

Re: Vista RC1 and WMDC HELP!!
I believe that WDMC requires the latest version of Windows Mobile - 5.0,
IIRC.

"Mack Jones" <Mack Jones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have RC1 since it came out and also outlook 2007 trying to use WMDC to
> sync
> my motorola i930 with mobile 2003 se but it comes back with this error:
>
> Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.RapiException: Error CEFileAccess Denied
> at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.Session.ThrowErrorFor Code(UInt32 err,
> String message)
> at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.Session.ThrowError(UI nt32 err, String
> message)
> at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.Session.ThrowError(UI nt32 err)
> at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.CERegistryKey.GetValu e(String name,
> Int32
> buffer_size)
> at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.Device.get_IsTelephon ySupported()
> at
> Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceManager.PartnershipC ollection.<>c__DisplayClassc.<GenerateFriendlyName >b__9()
> at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.RapiManager.Invoke(Me thodInvoker method)
> at
> Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceManager.PartnershipC ollection.GenerateFriendlyName(IPartnership
> partnership, String currentName)
> at
> Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceCenter.NewPartnershi pWizard.<.ctor>b__2(Object
> )
> at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallb ack_Context(Object
> state)
> at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text
> executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
> at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallback(Object
> state)
>

> Loked in sync partnerships and it shows the device like in explorer but
> won't let me set it up. I connect the device WMDC starts up and I click
> settings. This is when the message comes up along with the sync screen in
> the
> back ground and then closes the program. Yes I have
> uninstalled/reboot/installed/reboot/connect.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFjaw==?=

Re: Vista RC1 and WMDC HELP!!
Thanks but do you know how to move to mobile 5.0 from mobile 2003 SE?

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> I believe that WDMC requires the latest version of Windows Mobile - 5.0,
> IIRC.

> "Mack Jones" <Mack Jones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have RC1 since it came out and also outlook 2007 trying to use WMDC to
> > sync
> > my motorola i930 with mobile 2003 se but it comes back with this error:
> >
> > Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.RapiException: Error CEFileAccess Denied
> > at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.Session.ThrowErrorFor Code(UInt32 err,
> > String message)
> > at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.Session.ThrowError(UI nt32 err, String
> > message)
> > at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.Session.ThrowError(UI nt32 err)
> > at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.CERegistryKey.GetValu e(String name,
> > Int32
> > buffer_size)
> > at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.Device.get_IsTelephon ySupported()
> > at
> > Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceManager.PartnershipC ollection.<>c__DisplayClassc.<GenerateFriendlyName >b__9()
> > at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.RapiManager.Invoke(Me thodInvoker method)
> > at
> > Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceManager.PartnershipC ollection.GenerateFriendlyName(IPartnership
> > partnership, String currentName)
> > at
> > Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceCenter.NewPartnershi pWizard.<.ctor>b__2(Object
> > )
> > at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallb ack_Context(Object
> > state)
> > at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text
> > executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
> > at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallback(Object
> > state)
> >

> > Loked in sync partnerships and it shows the device like in explorer but
> > won't let me set it up. I connect the device WMDC starts up and I click
> > settings. This is when the message comes up along with the sync screen in
> > the
> > back ground and then closes the program. Yes I have
> > uninstalled/reboot/installed/reboot/connect.

Richard G. Harper

Re: Vista RC1 and WMDC HELP!!
Don't believe you can - the version of Windows Mobile is on a firmware chip
inside your PPC or Windows Mobile device. Anyway, I must correct myself,
it's Windows Mobile 2003 or later that's required.

"Mack" <Mack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsEC361AB-82B2-4F58-B953-1B36BD330CB1@microsoft.com...
> Thanks but do you know how to move to mobile 5.0 from mobile 2003 SE?
>
> "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
>
>> I believe that WDMC requires the latest version of Windows Mobile - 5.0,
>> IIRC.

>> "Mack Jones" <Mack Jones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Have RC1 since it came out and also outlook 2007 trying to use WMDC to
>> > sync
>> > my motorola i930 with mobile 2003 se but it comes back with this error:
>> >
>> > Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.RapiException: Error CEFileAccess Denied
>> > at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.Session.ThrowErrorFor Code(UInt32 err,
>> > String message)
>> > at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.Session.ThrowError(UI nt32 err, String
>> > message)
>> > at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.Session.ThrowError(UI nt32 err)
>> > at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.CERegistryKey.GetValu e(String name,
>> > Int32
>> > buffer_size)
>> > at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.Device.get_IsTelephon ySupported()
>> > at
>> > Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceManager.PartnershipC ollection.<>c__DisplayClassc.<GenerateFriendlyName >b__9()
>> > at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Rapi.RapiManager.Invoke(Me thodInvoker
>> > method)
>> > at
>> > Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceManager.PartnershipC ollection.GenerateFriendlyName(IPartnership
>> > partnership, String currentName)
>> > at
>> > Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceCenter.NewPartnershi pWizard.<.ctor>b__2(Object
>> > )
>> > at
>> > System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallb ack_Context(Object
>> > state)
>> > at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text
>> > executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
>> > at
>> > System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallback(Object
>> > state)
>> >

>> > Loked in sync partnerships and it shows the device like in explorer but
>> > won't let me set it up. I connect the device WMDC starts up and I click
>> > settings. This is when the message comes up along with the sync screen
>> > in
>> > the
>> > back ground and then closes the program. Yes I have
>> > uninstalled/reboot/installed/reboot/connect.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFjayBKb25lcw==?=

Re: Vista RC1 and WMDC HELP!!
So if I have 2003 SE why is it not working?

"Richard G. Harper" wrote:

> Don't believe you can - the version of Windows Mobile is on a firmware chip
> inside your PPC or Windows Mobile device. Anyway, I must correct myself,
> it's Windows Mobile 2003 or later that's required.

> "Mack" <Mack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsEC361AB-82B2-4F58-B953-1B36BD330CB1@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks but do you know how to move to mobile 5.0 from mobile 2003 SE?
> >
> > "Richard G. Harper" wrote:
> >
> >> I believe that WDMC requires the latest version of Windows Mobile - 5.0,
> >> IIRC.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
> >> * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
> >> * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
> >> * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
> >> * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

=?Utf-8?B?TWFjayBKb25lcw==?=

RE: Vista RC1 and WMDC HELP!!
Thanks for your help I just downloaded WMDC 6 that came out Jan 31 works
perfect!