Rollback question

=?Utf-8?B?QXJ0?=

Rollback question
I got a BSOD when UPGRADING from xp to vista hp. The machine is more than
capable of handling vista. It goes up to the point where I see the mouse,
with a completely black background, and then I get a BSOD. So my question is
that if I do a rollback, will it take me to the exact point before I
installed Vista?
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

RE: Rollback question
Hello Art,
That is the intent of rollback. To remove Vista and get you back to where
you prior to installing Windows Vista.,
Other than some logs files that can be used to help trouble shoot the
problem, the system should not have changed.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
|>From: =?Utf-8?B?QXJ0?= <Art@discussions.microsoft.com>
|>Subject: Rollback question
|>Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:59:00 -0800
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
|>
|>I got a BSOD when UPGRADING from xp to vista hp. The machine is more than
|>capable of handling vista. It goes up to the point where I see the mouse,
|>with a completely black background, and then I get a BSOD. So my question
is
|>that if I do a rollback, will it take me to the exact point before I
|>installed Vista?

=?Utf-8?B?QXJ0?=

RE: Rollback question
Thank you Darrell Gorter, I can now rollback with confidence!

""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hello Art,
> That is the intent of rollback. To remove Vista and get you back to where
> you prior to installing Windows Vista.,
> Other than some logs files that can be used to help trouble shoot the
> problem, the system should not have changed.
> Thanks,
> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

> --------------------
> |>From: =?Utf-8?B?QXJ0?= <Art@discussions.microsoft.com>
> |>Subject: Rollback question
> |>Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:59:00 -0800
> |>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
> |>
> |>I got a BSOD when UPGRADING from xp to vista hp. The machine is more than
> |>capable of handling vista. It goes up to the point where I see the mouse,
> |>with a completely black background, and then I get a BSOD. So my question
> is
> |>that if I do a rollback, will it take me to the exact point before I
> |>installed Vista?

=?Utf-8?B?ZmluYWxyaW5zZQ==?=

RE: Rollback question
The exact same thing happened to me and I performed the Roll Back, it worked
perfectly. I would really like to find out why the BSOD happened though. I
want to try it again but don't know what to try before hand.
Tom

"Art" wrote:

> Thank you Darrell Gorter, I can now rollback with confidence!
>
> ""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
>
> > Hello Art,
> > That is the intent of rollback. To remove Vista and get you back to where
> > you prior to installing Windows Vista.,
> > Other than some logs files that can be used to help trouble shoot the
> > problem, the system should not have changed.
> > Thanks,
> > Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
> >
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
> > --------------------

> > is

=?Utf-8?B?QW1hYm9r?=

RE: Rollback question
After roll back, can I re-install Vista after I've already registered my
version during the first install that did not work?
Thanks

"finalrinse" wrote:

> The exact same thing happened to me and I performed the Roll Back, it worked
> perfectly. I would really like to find out why the BSOD happened though. I
> want to try it again but don't know what to try before hand.
> Tom
>
> "Art" wrote:
>
> > Thank you Darrell Gorter, I can now rollback with confidence!
> >
> > ""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Art,
> > > That is the intent of rollback. To remove Vista and get you back to where
> > > you prior to installing Windows Vista.,
> > > Other than some logs files that can be used to help trouble shoot the
> > > problem, the system should not have changed.
> > > Thanks,
> > > Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
> > >
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
> > > --------------------

> > > is

Robert Firth

Re: Rollback question
Yes. If it fails again, try backing up your files, reinstalling XP, then
installing Vista. If that fails, then it might be a driver issue and not an
application compatibility issue. I'm assuming that you purchased the upgrade
version, otherwise reinstalling XP would not be required.

Good luck!

--
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Robert Firth *

"Amabok" <Amabok@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After roll back, can I re-install Vista after I've already registered my
> version during the first install that did not work?
> Thanks
>
> "finalrinse" wrote:
>
>> The exact same thing happened to me and I performed the Roll Back, it
>> worked
>> perfectly. I would really like to find out why the BSOD happened though.
>> want to try it again but don't know what to try before hand.
>> Tom
>>
>> "Art" wrote:
>>
>> > Thank you Darrell Gorter, I can now rollback with confidence!

=?Utf-8?B?QW1hYm9r?=

Re: Rollback question
Thanks Robert, will try that and see if it works