Please Help!

=?Utf-8?B?TUlDSEFFTFNE?=

Please Help!
I had a problem installing Vista last night so I had to "roll" back to XP
Home edition. Before I tried upgrading using the DVD version of "Windows
Vista Home Premium Upgrade" I ran the upgrade adviser, updated everything and
it said I was ready to upgrade. Whenever the upgrade restarted it restarted
into the Windows XP Professional upgrade that I never started (it does that
whenever I restart my computer, how do I make that stop?). I got through with
the upgrade and on its final reboot when I tried to go into Vista it had a
blue screen for less than half a second and rebooted. I couldn't fix the
problem, either so I rolled back to XP. Anyone know whats wrong and how to
make my computer stop booting up into the Windows XP Professional upgrade
whenever I turn it on? Thanks!
MICHAEL

Re: Please Help!

"MICHAELSD" <MICHAELSD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had a problem installing Vista last night so I had to "roll" back to XP
> Home edition. Before I tried upgrading using the DVD version of "Windows
> Vista Home Premium Upgrade" I ran the upgrade adviser, updated everything and
> it said I was ready to upgrade. Whenever the upgrade restarted it restarted
> into the Windows XP Professional upgrade that I never started (it does that
> whenever I restart my computer, how do I make that stop?). I got through with
> the upgrade and on its final reboot when I tried to go into Vista it had a
> blue screen for less than half a second and rebooted. I couldn't fix the
> problem, either so I rolled back to XP. Anyone know whats wrong and how to
> make my computer stop booting up into the Windows XP Professional upgrade
> whenever I turn it on? Thanks!

Remove programs like AVs, Firewalls, Spyware programs- *anything* that
monitors.

Do some disk cleanup. Defragment.

-Michael

=?Utf-8?B?TUlDSEFFTFNE?=

Re: Please Help!

"MICHAEL" wrote:

> Remove programs like AVs, Firewalls, Spyware programs- *anything* that
> monitors.
>
> Do some disk cleanup. Defragment.
>

> -Michael

Thanks! Will do! If I did a clean install would everything that monitors be
deactivated?

> "MICHAEL" wrote:
>
>> Remove programs like AVs, Firewalls, Spyware programs- *anything* that
>> monitors.
>>
>> Do some disk cleanup. Defragment.
>>

>> -Michael

> Thanks! Will do! If I did a clean install would everything that monitors be
> deactivated?

If you did a format and install, yes.

I forgot to mention, sometimes, it also helps to disconnect any
USB devices, and then just plug them back in after the install.
Except for your mouse/keyboard, of course.

-Michael

=?Utf-8?B?QW1hYm9r?=

Re: Please Help!
How can you roll back to XP after my installation of Vista ran into problems
such as system reboots once trying to login to vista for first time and
running repair option for 12 hrs with no results? Thanks

"MICHAELSD" wrote:

> "MICHAEL" wrote:
>
> > Remove programs like AVs, Firewalls, Spyware programs- *anything* that
> > monitors.
> >
> > Do some disk cleanup. Defragment.
> >

> > -Michael
> >

> Thanks! Will do! If I did a clean install would everything that monitors be
> deactivated?

AJR

Re: Please Help!
"MICHAELSD" - Your post is confusing (at least to me). You state "...had to
"roll" back to XP Home edition...." you also state "...Whenever the upgrade
restarted it restarted into the Windows XP Professional upgrade that I never
started (it does that whenever I restart my computer, how do I make that
stop?)...". Followed up with "...I got through with the upgrade ..." -
evidently the restarting stopped at that point (then returned?). Finally
"...how to make my computer stop booting up into the Windows XP Professional
upgrade...".

You started with XP Home - did you try to upgrade to XP Pro?

"MICHAELSD" <MICHAELSD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had a problem installing Vista last night so I had to "roll" back to XP
> Home edition. Before I tried upgrading using the DVD version of "Windows
> Vista Home Premium Upgrade" I ran the upgrade adviser, updated everything
> and
> it said I was ready to upgrade. Whenever the upgrade restarted it
> restarted
> into the Windows XP Professional upgrade that I never started (it does
> that
> whenever I restart my computer, how do I make that stop?). I got through
> with
> the upgrade and on its final reboot when I tried to go into Vista it had
> blue screen for less than half a second and rebooted. I couldn't fix the
> problem, either so I rolled back to XP. Anyone know whats wrong and how to
> make my computer stop booting up into the Windows XP Professional upgrade
> whenever I turn it on? Thanks!

None

Re: Please Help!
MICHAELSD <MICHAELSD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I had a problem installing Vista last night so I had to "roll" back to XP
> Home edition. Before I tried upgrading using the DVD version of "Windows
> Vista Home Premium Upgrade" I ran the upgrade adviser, updated everything and
> it said I was ready to upgrade. Whenever the upgrade restarted it restarted
> into the Windows XP Professional upgrade that I never started (it does that
> whenever I restart my computer, how do I make that stop?). I got through with
> the upgrade and on its final reboot when I tried to go into Vista it had a
> blue screen for less than half a second and rebooted. I couldn't fix the
> problem, either so I rolled back to XP. Anyone know whats wrong and how to
> make my computer stop booting up into the Windows XP Professional upgrade
> whenever I turn it on? Thanks!

I feel your pain! I ended up getting an Apple box and will never look
back. Windows just isn't were the world is moving today. Vista is the
end of the line in my opinion, it just doesn't work nearly as well as
OSX.