Installing Windows Vista Home Premium

=?Utf-8?B?Rm94aG91bmQ=?=

Installing Windows Vista Home Premium
Hello i got my copy of Windows Vista Home Premium today and Ive been trying
to go through all the steps to instal it, my laptop meets all the
requirements for the the upgrade as well as i downloaded the windows vista
upgrade advisor and it said i was good to go, except for a few apps that
wouldn't work with the upgrade but i havent used those in a while so its no
big deal. So after that i finally start to install it, and when it gets to
the final step of upgrading my computer shuts off and then it says that there
was an error in the installation, so i look around and it says that i have to
run this repair program in it so i do and the repairing has been goin on for
more then 8hrs i left it on while i was sleeping but, still no change has
occured. I was wondering if its ment to go for longer or if there is
something wrong with my computer that i should get it check out by some one
Thank you
=?Utf-8?B?TUlDSEFFTFNE?=

RE: Installing Windows Vista Home Premium
Hello! I am having the exact same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Richard Urban

Re: Installing Windows Vista Home Premium
Did you uninstall the programs and drivers that the Upgrade Advisor told you
about, or did you just go ahead because you don't plan to use them anyway?

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Foxhound" <Foxhound@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello i got my copy of Windows Vista Home Premium today and Ive been
> trying
> to go through all the steps to instal it, my laptop meets all the
> requirements for the the upgrade as well as i downloaded the windows vista
> upgrade advisor and it said i was good to go, except for a few apps that
> wouldn't work with the upgrade but i havent used those in a while so its
> no
> big deal. So after that i finally start to install it, and when it gets to
> the final step of upgrading my computer shuts off and then it says that
> there
> was an error in the installation, so i look around and it says that i have
> run this repair program in it so i do and the repairing has been goin on
> for
> more then 8hrs i left it on while i was sleeping but, still no change has
> occured. I was wondering if its ment to go for longer or if there is
> something wrong with my computer that i should get it check out by some
> one
> Thank you

=?Utf-8?B?TUlDSEFFTFNE?=

Re: Installing Windows Vista Home Premium
Without uninstalling the programs... Mine was a little different than his.
After the blue screen I rolled back to XP.
Richard Urban

Re: Installing Windows Vista Home Premium
You are to uninstall any suspect software "before" you do an upgrade.

In addition, I would always uninstall any antivirus, anti spyware and
firewall programs before doing an upgrade.

--

"MICHAELSD" <MICHAELSD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Without uninstalling the programs... Mine was a little different than his.
> After the blue screen I rolled back to XP.

=?Utf-8?B?QW1hYm9r?=

Re: Installing Windows Vista Home Premium
Can you revert back to XP after unsuccessfull installation of Vista to try
and remove some programs before attempting to run the upgrade again?

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> You are to uninstall any suspect software "before" you do an upgrade.
>
> In addition, I would always uninstall any antivirus, anti spyware and
> firewall programs before doing an upgrade.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>

> "MICHAELSD" <MICHAELSD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Without uninstalling the programs... Mine was a little different than his.
> > After the blue screen I rolled back to XP.

=?Utf-8?B?UmlndXJl?=

"Amabok" wrote:

> Can you revert back to XP after unsuccessfull installation of Vista to try
> and remove some programs before attempting to run the upgrade again?
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
> > You are to uninstall any suspect software "before" you do an upgrade.
> >
> > In addition, I would always uninstall any antivirus, anti spyware and
> > firewall programs before doing an upgrade.
> >
> > --
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Richard Urban
> > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
> > (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
> >
> > Quote from George Ankner:
> > If you knew as much as you think you know,
> > You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
> >

> > "MICHAELSD" <MICHAELSD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Without uninstalling the programs... Mine was a little different than his.
> > > After the blue screen I rolled back to XP.

> > yes. it gives you the option to revert. thats after you get the bosd and bot into safe mode..sigh..not very happy to see that allmsot everyone is having the same problem as i am.

=?Utf-8?B?Rm94aG91bmQ=?=

Re: Installing Windows Vista Home Premium
ive looked at the programs i have to unistall and all it says is this "SCSI
and RAID controllers: SCSI/RAID Host Controller " i have no idea wut it is
and its not showing up in the add/remove programs so i dont no how to
unistall it any ideas of wut to do

"Amabok" wrote:

> Can you revert back to XP after unsuccessfull installation of Vista to try
> and remove some programs before attempting to run the upgrade again?
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
> > You are to uninstall any suspect software "before" you do an upgrade.
> >
> > In addition, I would always uninstall any antivirus, anti spyware and
> > firewall programs before doing an upgrade.
> >
> > --
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Richard Urban
> > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
> > (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
> >
> > Quote from George Ankner:
> > If you knew as much as you think you know,
> > You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
> >

> > "MICHAELSD" <MICHAELSD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Without uninstalling the programs... Mine was a little different than his.
> > > After the blue screen I rolled back to XP.

Top

Re: Installing Windows Vista Home Premium
=?Utf-8?B?Rm94aG91bmQ=?= <Foxhound@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in

> ive looked at the programs i have to unistall and all it
> says is this "SCSI
>and RAID controllers: SCSI/RAID Host Controller " i have no
>idea wut it is
> and its not showing up in the add/remove programs so i dont
> no how to unistall it any ideas of wut to do
>
>"Amabok" wrote:
>
>> Can you revert back to XP after unsuccessfull installation
>> of Vista to try and remove some programs before attempting
>> to run the upgrade again?
>>
>> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>>
>> > You are to uninstall any suspect software "before" you do
>> > an upgrade.
>> >
>> > In addition, I would always uninstall any antivirus, anti
>> > spyware and firewall programs before doing an upgrade.
>> >
>> > --
>> >

>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Richard Urban
>> > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>> > (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
>> >
>> > Quote from George Ankner:
>> > If you knew as much as you think you know,
>> > You would realize that you don't know what you thought
>> > you knew!
>> >

>> > "MICHAELSD" <MICHAELSD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> > in message

I think if you check the MS web site (I haven't looked, I don't
have Home Premium) you might find that there is a problem with
the keys distributed for Home Premium. From what I've seen
there is no promised date. Hopefully they will have better info
for you.

Ed P