Transferring Anytime upgrade along with Vista Home Basic to new PC

=?Utf-8?B?QnJlbg==?=

Transferring Anytime upgrade along with Vista Home Basic to new PC
Having bought Vista Home Basic Upgrade and installed it without issue over XP
Home on my laptop, I'm thinking about possibly using the Anytime Upgrade in a
month or two's time to upgrade to Vista Home Premium.

Should in the future I wish to transfer my Vista license to a new machine
(which I believe I can one time with Home Basic Upgrade retail disc), will an
Anytime Upgrade to Home Premium follow my product key to my new machine? Or
will I be required to pay for the Anytime Upgrade again on the new machine?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!
John Barnes

Re: Transferring Anytime upgrade along with Vista Home Basic to new PC
15. REASSIGN TO ANOTHER DEVICE.
a. Software Other than Windows Anytime Upgrade. You may uninstall the
software and
install it on another device for your use. You may not do so to share this
license between
devices.
b. Windows Anytime Upgrade Software. The first user of the software may
reassign the
license to another device one time, but only if the license terms of the
software you upgraded
from allows reassignment.
16. TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY.
a. Software Other Than Windows Anytime Upgrade. The first user of the
software may
make a one time transfer of the software, and this agreement, directly to a
third party. The first
user must uninstall the software before transferring it separately from the
device. The first user
may not retain any copies.
b. Windows Anytime Upgrade Software. You may transfer the software directly
to a third
party only with the licensed device. You may not keep any copies of the
software or any earlier
version.
c. Other Requirements. Before any permitted transfer, the other party must
agree that this
agreement applies to the transfer and use of the software. The transfer must
include the proof of license.

"Bren" <Bren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Having bought Vista Home Basic Upgrade and installed it without issue over
> XP
> Home on my laptop, I'm thinking about possibly using the Anytime Upgrade
> in a
> month or two's time to upgrade to Vista Home Premium.
>
> Should in the future I wish to transfer my Vista license to a new machine
> (which I believe I can one time with Home Basic Upgrade retail disc), will
> an
> Anytime Upgrade to Home Premium follow my product key to my new machine?
> Or
> will I be required to pay for the Anytime Upgrade again on the new
> machine?
>
> Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

=?Utf-8?B?QnJlbg==?=

Re: Transferring Anytime upgrade along with Vista Home Basic to ne
John,

Many thanks - answers everything completely!

Bren