Windows Installer Error

Kealani

Windows Installer Error
I think the latest iTunes update corrupted by Windows Installer. When
attempting to load new software, "Internal Error 2203
C:\Windoes\Installer\12b3e.msi,-2147287035"
dean-dean

Re: Windows Installer Error
Try the instructions given here:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....19048&#5119048

Note that when you get to the part about running the Windows Installer
Cleanup Utility, when using this tool, only select the components you are
having problems with...

"Kealani" <Kealani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I think the latest iTunes update corrupted by Windows Installer. When
> attempting to load new software, "Internal Error 2203
> C:\Windoes\Installer\12b3e.msi,-2147287035"

Kealani

Re: Windows Installer Error
Thank you. I succeeded in gettting the iTunes and Quicktime updates installer
but now cannot load a different (Sony Reader) program. Still think
CleanUp/iTunes is the way to go?

"dean-dean" wrote:

> Try the instructions given here:
>
> http://discussions.apple.com/thread....19048&#5119048
>
> Note that when you get to the part about running the Windows Installer
> Cleanup Utility, when using this tool, only select the components you are
> having problems with...
>
> "Kealani" <Kealani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I think the latest iTunes update corrupted by Windows Installer. When
> > attempting to load new software, "Internal Error 2203
> > C:\Windoes\Installer\12b3e.msi,-2147287035"

dean-dean

Re: Windows Installer Error
I'm not sure what you mean. What software are you trying to install for
your Sony Reader? Can you provide a link to the download page? Not all
installers use Windows Installer as part of the installation process, so the
Windows Installer Cleanup Utility may not be appropriate to remedy a bad
install, if that's what you are asking; it depends on how the developers
programmed their installer.

What errors/problems are you having with the Sony Reader?

> Thank you. I succeeded in gettting the iTunes and Quicktime updates
> installer
> but now cannot load a different (Sony Reader) program. Still think
> CleanUp/iTunes is the way to go?
>
> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> Try the instructions given here:
>>
>> http://discussions.apple.com/thread....19048&#5119048
>>
>> Note that when you get to the part about running the Windows Installer
>> Cleanup Utility, when using this tool, only select the components you are
>> having problems with...
>>
>> "Kealani" <Kealani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I think the latest iTunes update corrupted by Windows Installer. When
>> > attempting to load new software, "Internal Error 2203
>> > C:\Windoes\Installer\12b3e.msi,-2147287035"

Kealani

Re: Windows Installer Error
When iTunes/QT would not automatically install, I downloaded and installed
manually and got them on. During auto install I got a similar error message
but did not note the code. Later when trying to install the Connect reader
software that came with the Sony Reader, this error message came up. The
install reverses and I can't get it to load. I have not tried installing
other software yet but suspect that something is corrupted in Windows
Installer.

"dean-dean" wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean. What software are you trying to install for
> your Sony Reader? Can you provide a link to the download page? Not all
> installers use Windows Installer as part of the installation process, so the
> Windows Installer Cleanup Utility may not be appropriate to remedy a bad
> install, if that's what you are asking; it depends on how the developers
> programmed their installer.
>
> What errors/problems are you having with the Sony Reader?
>
> "Kealani" <Kealani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you. I succeeded in gettting the iTunes and Quicktime updates
> > installer
> > but now cannot load a different (Sony Reader) program. Still think
> > CleanUp/iTunes is the way to go?
> >
> > "dean-dean" wrote:
> >
> >> Try the instructions given here:
> >>
> >> http://discussions.apple.com/thread....19048&#5119048
> >>
> >> Note that when you get to the part about running the Windows Installer
> >> Cleanup Utility, when using this tool, only select the components you are
> >> having problems with...

dean-dean

Re: Windows Installer Error
Well, my guess is that the versions of the software you are trying to
install are out of date. If they are available, always try to install the
latest versions of the software from the Internet, rather that from CD's
that came with the hardware, as compatibility issues with Vista, and other
bugs and improvements, may have been worked out by the developers since the
time those CD's were made. I really do think your Windows Installer, and
its associated system files, are OK; otherwise QuickTime and ITunes simply
would have never installed in the end.

Try this, from Sony. I don't know the model name|number of your Sony
Reader, so start here:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/select-system.pl

Select your product, from the dropdown of choices, then select your model,
from the dropdown, and then click on Software and Drivers, and then click on
Updates. Hopefully they will have Vista compatible software for Connect
listed. If you have problems, post back the model name of your Sony
Reader...

> When iTunes/QT would not automatically install, I downloaded and installed
> manually and got them on. During auto install I got a similar error
> message
> but did not note the code. Later when trying to install the Connect reader
> software that came with the Sony Reader, this error message came up. The
> install reverses and I can't get it to load. I have not tried installing
> other software yet but suspect that something is corrupted in Windows
> Installer.
>
> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure what you mean. What software are you trying to install for
>> your Sony Reader? Can you provide a link to the download page? Not all
>> installers use Windows Installer as part of the installation process, so
>> the
>> Windows Installer Cleanup Utility may not be appropriate to remedy a bad
>> install, if that's what you are asking; it depends on how the developers
>> programmed their installer.
>>
>> What errors/problems are you having with the Sony Reader?
>>
>> "Kealani" <Kealani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you. I succeeded in gettting the iTunes and Quicktime updates
>> > installer
>> > but now cannot load a different (Sony Reader) program. Still think
>> > CleanUp/iTunes is the way to go?

dean-dean

Re: Windows Installer Error
I'm thinking that this is the page you want:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...teType=Updates