Windows installation canceled

=?Utf-8?B?YWNwbGF5ZXI=?=

Windows installation canceled
When trying to upgrade to Vista from XP Pro, as soon as I get to "Expanding
files" at around 30ish percent, I get this error message: "Windows could not
prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install
Windows, restart the installation." When seeing this, I did what it said,
and restarted the install, to just get the same error message again. Anyone
know what's going on? I've searched the Microsoft database and this
discussion group and haven't found anything. Much help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
=?Utf-8?B?UmVhZHliYXJvbg==?=

RE: Windows installation canceled
I have the same problem and have the exact same error message but mine
installs Vista Ultimate files, and unpacks them, and then it gives me that
message.

I need some help as well

"acplayer" wrote:

> When trying to upgrade to Vista from XP Pro, as soon as I get to "Expanding
> files" at around 30ish percent, I get this error message: "Windows could not
> prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install
> Windows, restart the installation." When seeing this, I did what it said,
> and restarted the install, to just get the same error message again. Anyone
> know what's going on? I've searched the Microsoft database and this
> discussion group and haven't found anything. Much help would be appreciated!
> Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?YmlsbA==?=

RE: Windows installation canceled
You can only upgrade XP Pro to Vista Office or Vista Ultimate

"Readybaron" wrote:

> I have the same problem and have the exact same error message but mine
> installs Vista Ultimate files, and unpacks them, and then it gives me that
> message.
>
> I need some help as well
>
> "acplayer" wrote:
>
> > When trying to upgrade to Vista from XP Pro, as soon as I get to "Expanding
> > files" at around 30ish percent, I get this error message: "Windows could not
> > prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install
> > Windows, restart the installation." When seeing this, I did what it said,
> > and restarted the install, to just get the same error message again. Anyone
> > know what's going on? I've searched the Microsoft database and this
> > discussion group and haven't found anything. Much help would be appreciated!
> > Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?YWNwbGF5ZXI=?=

RE: Windows installation canceled
I realize that, I have Vista Ultimate. It's Vista Ultimate upgrade and I've
already ran the adviser and it says that all my hardware is fully compatible
with Vista.

"bill" wrote:

> You can only upgrade XP Pro to Vista Office or Vista Ultimate
>
> "Readybaron" wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem and have the exact same error message but mine
> > installs Vista Ultimate files, and unpacks them, and then it gives me that
> > message.
> >
> > I need some help as well
> >
> > "acplayer" wrote:
> >
> > > When trying to upgrade to Vista from XP Pro, as soon as I get to "Expanding
> > > files" at around 30ish percent, I get this error message: "Windows could not
> > > prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install
> > > Windows, restart the installation." When seeing this, I did what it said,
> > > and restarted the install, to just get the same error message again. Anyone
> > > know what's going on? I've searched the Microsoft database and this
> > > discussion group and haven't found anything. Much help would be appreciated!
> > > Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?YWNwbGF5ZXI=?=

RE: Windows installation canceled
By the way, here's a screenshot for giggles:
http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?i...taerrorei2.jpg
=?Utf-8?B?UmVhZHliYXJvbg==?=

RE: Windows installation canceled
I am also upgrading from windows pro

"acplayer" wrote:

> By the way, here's a screenshot for giggles:
> http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?i...taerrorei2.jpg

=?Utf-8?B?YWNwbGF5ZXI=?=

RE: Windows installation canceled
I hope this gets figured out soon. I was on the phone with tech support for
over TWO hours and this still did not get solved. The guy in India thought
the DVD I received was defective. I ruled that out because I mounted a
friend's ISO into daemon tools and received the same exact error, failure at
Expanding Files at 21%.
=?Utf-8?B?YmlsbA==?=

RE: Windows installation canceled
did you try a clean install? Read in another post that you can ony do a clean
install with Vista Business

"acplayer" wrote:

> I hope this gets figured out soon. I was on the phone with tech support for
> over TWO hours and this still did not get solved. The guy in India thought
> the DVD I received was defective. I ruled that out because I mounted a
> friend's ISO into daemon tools and received the same exact error, failure at
> Expanding Files at 21%.

=?Utf-8?B?YWNwbGF5ZXI=?=

RE: Windows installation canceled
I thought you could not use an upgrade install to do a clean one. Someone
said you can bypass it without entering the key, but then as you try to
activate, it won't let you activate it as it finds it as an upgrade.

"bill" wrote:

> did you try a clean install? Read in another post that you can ony do a clean
> install with Vista Business

=?Utf-8?B?YmlsbA==?=

RE: Windows installation canceled
read this to do a clean install.