WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE

=?Utf-8?B?dGF0dG9vMTEz?=

WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE
Hi Im using Vista RC1 now can I just buy upgrade or do a need to do a
reinstall. Thanks and enjoy the week.
John
MICHAEL

Re: WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE

"tattoo113" <tattoo113@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Im using Vista RC1 now can I just buy upgrade or do a need to do a
> reinstall. Thanks and enjoy the week.
> John

If you buy the upgrade version, you need to reinstall XP.
You can save your settings from RC1 by using Windows Easy Transfer.

If you buy the full retail version, you can upgrade RC1.

-Michael

=?Utf-8?B?dGF0dG9vMTEz?=

Re: WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE
Thanks Michael appreciate that. A lot of people are saying you can use the
upgrade version.
John

"MICHAEL" wrote:

> "tattoo113" <tattoo113@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Im using Vista RC1 now can I just buy upgrade or do a need to do a
> > reinstall. Thanks and enjoy the week.
> > John

> If you buy the upgrade version, you need to reinstall XP.
> You can save your settings from RC1 by using Windows Easy Transfer.
>
> If you buy the full retail version, you can upgrade RC1.
>
> -Michael

Paul-B

Re: WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE
MICHAEL wrote:

> "tattoo113" <tattoo113@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Im using Vista RC1 now can I just buy upgrade or do a need to do
> > a reinstall. Thanks and enjoy the week.
> > John

> If you buy the upgrade version, you need to reinstall XP.
> You can save your settings from RC1 by using Windows Easy Transfer.
>
> If you buy the full retail version, you can upgrade RC1.
>
> -Michael

Not so, Michael

http://www.dailytech.com/Workaround+...nstall+With+Vi
sta+Upgrade+DVDs/article5932.htm

Watch for the wrap.

--
Paul-B
MICHAEL

Re: WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE

"Paul-B" <paul@rasf1.net> wrote in message news:52c1tuF1nr89aU1@mid.individual.net...
> MICHAEL wrote:
>

>> "tattoo113" <tattoo113@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Im using Vista RC1 now can I just buy upgrade or do a need to do
>> > a reinstall. Thanks and enjoy the week.
>> > John

>> If you buy the upgrade version, you need to reinstall XP.
>> You can save your settings from RC1 by using Windows Easy Transfer.
>>
>> If you buy the full retail version, you can upgrade RC1.
>>
>> -Michael

> Not so, Michael
>
> http://www.dailytech.com/Workaround+...nstall+With+Vi
> sta+Upgrade+DVDs/article5932.htm
>
> Watch for the wrap.

Hold on. Are you telling me a user can use an upgrade version
on Release Candidate One?

-Michael

=?Utf-8?B?dGF0dG9vMTEz?=

Re: WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE
I didnt want to buy the disk it cost more I was going to buy the download.
But thanks for you help I read the article very interesting.
John

"Paul-B" wrote:

> MICHAEL wrote:
>

> > "tattoo113" <tattoo113@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Im using Vista RC1 now can I just buy upgrade or do a need to do
> > > a reinstall. Thanks and enjoy the week.
> > > John

> > If you buy the upgrade version, you need to reinstall XP.
> > You can save your settings from RC1 by using Windows Easy Transfer.
> >
> > If you buy the full retail version, you can upgrade RC1.
> >
> > -Michael

> Not so, Michael
>
> http://www.dailytech.com/Workaround+...nstall+With+Vi
> sta+Upgrade+DVDs/article5932.htm
>
> Watch for the wrap.
>
> --
> Paul-B

Paul-B

Re: WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE
MICHAEL wrote:

> "Paul-B" <paul@rasf1.net> wrote in message
> > MICHAEL wrote:
> >

> >>"tattoo113" <tattoo113@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> do >>> a reinstall. Thanks and enjoy the week.
> > >
> > > If you buy the upgrade version, you need to reinstall XP.
> > > You can save your settings from RC1 by using Windows Easy
> > > Transfer.
> > >
> > > If you buy the full retail version, you can upgrade RC1.
> > >
> > > -Michael

> > Not so, Michael
> >
> > http://www.dailytech.com/Workaround+...an+Install+Wit
> > h+Vi sta+Upgrade+DVDs/article5932.htm
> >
> > Watch for the wrap.

> Hold on. Are you telling me a user can use an upgrade version
> on Release Candidate One?
>
> -Michael

No, I was replying to "If you buy the upgrade version, you need to
reinstall XP."

It doesn't now seem that this is so.

--
Paul-B
John Barnes

Re: WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE
The page you requested could not be found.

Click here to return to the website.

Very useful?

"tattoo113" <tattoo113@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsDC38A76-9A44-4C46-BC02-4F4A84E26E15@microsoft.com...
>I didnt want to buy the disk it cost more I was going to buy the download.
> But thanks for you help I read the article very interesting.
> John
>
> "Paul-B" wrote:
>
>> MICHAEL wrote:
>>

>> > "tattoo113" <tattoo113@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > If you buy the upgrade version, you need to reinstall XP.
>> > You can save your settings from RC1 by using Windows Easy Transfer.
>> >
>> > If you buy the full retail version, you can upgrade RC1.
>> >
>> > -Michael

>> Not so, Michael
>>
>> http://www.dailytech.com/Workaround+...nstall+With+Vi
>> sta+Upgrade+DVDs/article5932.htm
>>
>> Watch for the wrap.
>>
>> --
>> Paul-B

MICHAEL

Re: WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE

"Paul-B" <paul@rasf1.net> wrote in message news:52c3otF1n3ij0U1@mid.individual.net...
> MICHAEL wrote:
>

>> "Paul-B" <paul@rasf1.net> wrote in message

>> do >>> a reinstall. Thanks and enjoy the week.

>> > Not so, Michael
>> >
>> > http://www.dailytech.com/Workaround+...an+Install+Wit
>> > h+Vi sta+Upgrade+DVDs/article5932.htm
>> >
>> > Watch for the wrap.

>> Hold on. Are you telling me a user can use an upgrade version
>> on Release Candidate One?
>>
>> -Michael

> No, I was replying to "If you buy the upgrade version, you need to
> reinstall XP."
>
> It doesn't now seem that this is so.

Paul,

There's some miscommunication going here.

The OP (tattoo113) has Vista RC1 installed. You can't use an upgrade version
on RC1. Am I missing something here?

To use the upgrade key/version he will need to reinstall XP,
unless he buys the full retail version.

Help me understand, Paul. Perhaps, I'm not grasping something here.

-Michael
MICHAEL

Re: WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE
http://www.dailytech.com/Workaround+...rticle5932.htm