Can not get Radeon X800 XT Platinum to work on Vista 32 Bit Ultimate after install

Gazza_UK

Can not get Radeon X800 XT Platinum to work on Vista 32 Bit Ultimate after install
Hi,

I have an ATI Radeon X800XT Platinum 256MB AGP graphics card. Yet for some
reason windows is stopping the driver from running as it reports a problem.

The latest drivers from ATI dated 29th Jan 2007 or even the update from
Windows Update...makes no odds, neither work.

In device manager the device is dropped down with the yellow exclamation
mark and the message is:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and
to see if there is a solution available."

When sending for one, it comes back with no solution?

Also after installing the drivers, ATI keeps popping up a window with this
error message:

"No ATI graphics driver is installed, or the ATI driver is not functioning
properly. Please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI hardware."

I am at a loss as to what the problem can be. If anyone has any ideas then
it would be very much appreciated.

A ticket has also been logged with ATI. But I thought I would post in here
too, just in case someone has also had the same problem.

I am running an AMD 64 4600+ X2 Dual Core CPU, with 2GB RAM and a 320GB
Seagate Barracuda SATA HDD.

Kind regards,

Gazza.

EDIT:

Could anything below be the problem, this is taken from the conflicts
section of system information.

IRQ 3 NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management
IRQ 3 RADEON X800 XT Platinum Ed (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)

I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 PCI bus
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7 Direct memory access controller

IRQ 21 Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
IRQ 21 NVIDIA nForce3 250 Serial ATA Controller

Memory Address 0xE8000000-0xF7FFFFFF NVIDIA nForce3 250 AGP Host to PCI
Bridge
Memory Address 0xE8000000-0xF7FFFFFF RADEON X800 XT Platinum Ed Sec
(Microsoft Corporation- WDDM)

IRQ 22 Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
IRQ 22 NVIDIA nForce3 250 Serial ATA Controller

I/O Port 0x00009000-0x00009FFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
I/O Port 0x00009000-0x00009FFF Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family PCI Gigabit
Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF PCI bus
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF NVIDIA nForce3 250 AGP Host to PCI Bridge

CharlesE

Re: Can not get Radeon X800 XT Platinum to work on Vista 32 Bit Ultimate after install
I think you installed both the ATI drive and the craplet software that
monitors it for ATI.
The craplet must not work right.

Go to Programs in the Control Panel and remove anything ATI.

Then go to the ATI site and do one of two things:
-Download just the driver and not the big package
-See if they say to install some .NET package first or something.

CharlesE

"CharlesE" <cnerwin(at)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>I think you installed both the ATI drive and the craplet software that
>monitors it for ATI.
> The craplet must not work right.
>
> Go to Programs in the Control Panel and remove anything ATI.
>
> Then go to the ATI site and do one of two things:
> -Download just the driver and not the big package
> -See if they say to install some .NET package first or something.
>
> CharlesE

ATI have now responded and the issue is with the Nvida Nforce3 Chipset on my
Motherboard. So they have now washed their hands of it and passed it onto
Nvidia.

I have since purchased an Nvidia Graphics Card and all is OK now with a 4.3
rating :-)

=?Utf-8?B?cm95c3RvbnQ1MDM4?=

Re: Can not get Radeon X800 XT Platinum to work on Vista 32 Bit Ul
Gazza UK hi,
I have the exact same problem.

Please tell me which Nvidia graphics card you bought, giving as much
description of the card as possible, so that I will know exactly which card
it is.

Many thanks

roy Mayo.