OneCare firewall blocks me connecting to the internet

OneCare firewall blocks me connecting to the internet
I have to turn it off and turn Windows Firewall on to get through. I
upgraded that after installing Vista, so what's the deal and how do I fix
it?

Thanks,
John

=?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4gSHVudA==?=

RE: OneCare firewall blocks me connecting to the internet
Somewhere in the OneCare settings is the answer to your problems! It will
depend on how your network is setup as to what you need to change. Have you
checked out the help and support sections for OneCare?

"A" wrote:

> I have to turn it off and turn Windows Firewall on to get through. I
> upgraded that after installing Vista, so what's the deal and how do I fix
> it?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Re: OneCare firewall blocks me connecting to the internet
scanned it. i;ll look more closely. thanks.

"Brian Hunt" <BrianHunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Somewhere in the OneCare settings is the answer to your problems! It will
> depend on how your network is setup as to what you need to change. Have
> you
> checked out the help and support sections for OneCare?
>
> "A" wrote:
>
>> I have to turn it off and turn Windows Firewall on to get through. I
>> upgraded that after installing Vista, so what's the deal and how do I fix
>> it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQ=?=

Re: OneCare firewall blocks me connecting to the internet
I had the same problem and had to remove OneCare as it was blocking
connections to Windows LiveID, Help files and stymying Smartphone setup
among other issues. Even when I got rid of the duplicate firewalls - there
were myriad connection problems until OneCare was uninstalled - now
everything works quite well. Perhaps a closer read would have helped but
that's a problem when you are prevented from getting to user groups or help
files. I've benn a subscriber to OneCare and was happy with its performance
in WindowsXP. I hope somebody will come up with the right settings or a quick
fix - I really don't want to have to go back to Symantec for virus protection.

"A" wrote:

> scanned it. i;ll look more closely. thanks.
>
> "Brian Hunt" <BrianHunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Somewhere in the OneCare settings is the answer to your problems! It will
> > depend on how your network is setup as to what you need to change. Have
> > you
> > checked out the help and support sections for OneCare?
> >
> > "A" wrote:
> >
> >> I have to turn it off and turn Windows Firewall on to get through. I
> >> upgraded that after installing Vista, so what's the deal and how do I fix
> >> it?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> John

Chris Hagler

Re: OneCare firewall blocks me connecting to the internet
I have this EXACT Problem....when I enable the Firewall in OneCare - I can
NOT get to any wen site. If I turn the OneCare Firewall OFF, and turn the
Windows Firewall ON....I can get to the internet via IE, etc...

I really want to use ONE CARE as my Firewall - however, it blocks all my IP
traffic. I looked at all the setting, it all looked correct. It was
ALLOWING programs like Messenger and IE to access the internet in the
settings, however, you couldn't.

Any advise?

Thanks...Chris

"A" <a@a.net> wrote in message
>I have to turn it off and turn Windows Firewall on to get through. I
>upgraded that after installing Vista, so what's the deal and how do I fix
>it?
>
> Thanks,
> John

=?Utf-8?B?RHVyYSBNYXR0ZXJz?=

RE: OneCare firewall blocks me connecting to the internet
I have the same trouble. I have OneCare running, and certain programs are
allowed through the firewall - still, i cannot use the internet (IE, Outlook
send recieve, Firefox, AIM, Remote Desktop) unless I turn the firewall off.
This can't be right.

Someone must know what to do!

"A" wrote:

> I have to turn it off and turn Windows Firewall on to get through. I
> upgraded that after installing Vista, so what's the deal and how do I fix
> it?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Re: OneCare firewall blocks me connecting to the internet
i have all those hassles. if they know, ihope they tell us.

"Dura Matters" <Dura Matters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same trouble. I have OneCare running, and certain programs are
> allowed through the firewall - still, i cannot use the internet (IE,
> Outlook
> send recieve, Firefox, AIM, Remote Desktop) unless I turn the firewall
> off.
> This can't be right.
>
> Someone must know what to do!
>
> "A" wrote:
>
>> I have to turn it off and turn Windows Firewall on to get through. I
>> upgraded that after installing Vista, so what's the deal and how do I fix
>> it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John

SuperCub

Re: OneCare firewall blocks me connecting to the internet
I work for Microsoft and own firewall component of OneCare. OneCare
firewall does not block normal web browsing at all. I am sorry to hear
that you are having this problem.
Please do the following:
Open OneCare UI.
Click on Change OneCare Settings
Open Logging Tab.
Ensure that checkbox for detailed firewall logging is checked.
Reboot.
See if the problem persists.
If so, run C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live
\OneCareSupport.exe
It will create a zip files.
Please contact support and pass it on. Mention to the agent that this
is a log that product team needs and they will pass on to us.

Again, I apologize for the problem and would really appreciate your
help in hunting it down.

Thanks
Neeraj Garg

Re: OneCare firewall blocks me connecting to the internet
YES.

OneCare Change Settings, then Advanced settings, then Ports and Protocols,
then Add.

Type a name of your choice, then choose Other, Protocol number:6, then For
Connection: Both, then Scope: Internet, then click OK.

Create another of the same, but choose Protocol number:17.

That worked for me. I've read a few have to ADD and name a third one by
choosing Protocol, then TCP or UDP, then UDP, then Port Range and entering
53 in both boxes, then clicking OK.

Hope this works for you.

"Chris Hagler" <chagler@att.net> wrote in message
>I have this EXACT Problem....when I enable the Firewall in OneCare - I can
>NOT get to any wen site. If I turn the OneCare Firewall OFF, and turn the
>Windows Firewall ON....I can get to the internet via IE, etc...
>
> I really want to use ONE CARE as my Firewall - however, it blocks all my
> IP traffic. I looked at all the setting, it all looked correct. It was
> ALLOWING programs like Messenger and IE to access the internet in the
> settings, however, you couldn't.
>
> Any advise?
>
> Thanks...Chris
>
> "A" <a@a.net> wrote in message
>>I have to turn it off and turn Windows Firewall on to get through. I
>>upgraded that after installing Vista, so what's the deal and how do I fix
>>it?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John

Chris Hagler

Re: OneCare firewall blocks me connecting to the internet
I can not run OneCareSupport.exe - it says I have to be an administrator to
run that program. I am the ONLY user and have ADMINISTRATOR rights - but
for some reason that program thinks I am not? I can run all other programs
and make moves, add, changes as ADMINISTRATOR. I wonder if should try to
uninstall and reinstall OneCare Live?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks....Chris

news:1170303504.358703.286880@q2g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...