Cannot Extract to hard drive

=?Utf-8?B?QnJldw==?=

Cannot Extract to hard drive
This is the message I get when trying to run the setup with the digital
locker...

Cannot extract Windows Vista Setup to your hard drive. Please ensure that
you can create files and folders in the same folder where VistaSetUpPrep.exe
was downloaded.

Any suggestions??
=?Utf-8?B?S3A=?=

RE: Cannot Extract to hard drive
I get the same error. I tried to create a backup disk and it does not see
the disk in the dvd burner. Someone please help us!

"Brew" wrote:

> This is the message I get when trying to run the setup with the digital
> locker...
>
> Cannot extract Windows Vista Setup to your hard drive. Please ensure that
> you can create files and folders in the same folder where VistaSetUpPrep.exe
> was downloaded.
>
> Any suggestions??

=?Utf-8?B?bW9vbmNhc3Q=?=

"Brew" wrote:

> This is the message I get when trying to run the setup with the digital
> locker...
>
> Cannot extract Windows Vista Setup to your hard drive. Please ensure that
> you can create files and folders in the same folder where VistaSetUpPrep.exe
> was downloaded.
>
> Any suggestions??

=?Utf-8?B?SlM=?=

RE: Cannot Extract to hard drive
Same problem here. I sent MS an e-mail asking for help on it, but I don't
have high hopes.

"mooncast" wrote:

> "Brew" wrote:
>
> > This is the message I get when trying to run the setup with the digital
> > locker...
> >
> > Cannot extract Windows Vista Setup to your hard drive. Please ensure that
> > you can create files and folders in the same folder where VistaSetUpPrep.exe
> > was downloaded.
> >
> > Any suggestions??

=?Utf-8?B?UGlwZWRyZWFtMjQ=?=

"Brew" wrote:

> This is the message I get when trying to run the setup with the digital
> locker...
>
> Cannot extract Windows Vista Setup to your hard drive. Please ensure that
> you can create files and folders in the same folder where VistaSetUpPrep.exe
> was downloaded.
>
> Any suggestions??

=?Utf-8?B?UGlwZWRyZWFtMjQ=?=

RE: Cannot Extract to hard drive

I've got the exact same problem. Hopefully they will respond soon with an
answer.

"JS" wrote:

> Same problem here. I sent MS an e-mail asking for help on it, but I don't
> have high hopes.
>
> "mooncast" wrote:
>

> > "Brew" wrote:
> >
> > > This is the message I get when trying to run the setup with the digital
> > > locker...
> > >
> > > Cannot extract Windows Vista Setup to your hard drive. Please ensure that
> > > you can create files and folders in the same folder where VistaSetUpPrep.exe
> > > was downloaded.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions??

dabear

Re: Cannot Extract to hard drive

I'm havin the same error

'Screenshot' (http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9796/errorke8.gif)

I download Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit using Digital Locker.
Using XP Home SP2

--
dabear
dabear's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21552

http://forums.techarena.in

=?Utf-8?B?UGlwZWRyZWFtMjQ=?=

Re: Cannot Extract to hard drive
I downloaded the same version. I called Microsoft and they stated it was a
problem with the service from which I downloaded it; so I should contact
them. I called Circuit City they said there was nothing they can do. I need
to contact Digital Locker but the only take support request via email. So I
emailed Digital Locker and still have not received a response. I've decided
I'm going to do an electronic return and just purchase the disc. Hope
everyone gets a solution to this. Good Luck.

"dabear" wrote:

> I'm havin the same error
>
> 'Screenshot' (http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9796/errorke8.gif)
>
> I download Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit using Digital Locker.
> Using XP Home SP2
>

> --
> dabear
> dabear's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=21552
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=670585
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

=?Utf-8?B?dG9hc2luZ2Vy?=

Re: Cannot Extract to hard drive
Hey I actually work in microsoft tech support and I'm really interested in
getting this issue resolved. Is anyone online right now with this problem so
that maybe we can try troubleshooting a few ideas?
=?Utf-8?B?QnJldw==?=

Re: Cannot Extract to hard drive
Any ideas you can throw out there, so we can try em?