Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Windows.old folder???

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2007
=?Utf-8?B?TmF5MzE4Nw==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Windows.old folder???
I reformatted my pc with a fresh version of xp pro, then put on my home
premium upgrade staight away. Because Home can't be upgraded from xp pro i
had to do the "clean install" version. Now when i look on my c drive i have
the windows folder (for vista) and one called windows.old which was the xp.
How do i get rid of the windows.old folder, or do i need it on there, even
though i had just reformatted and its got nothing on it?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2007
Roy Coorne
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows.old folder???
Nay3187 asked:
> I reformatted my pc with a fresh version of xp pro, then put on my home
> premium upgrade staight away. Because Home can't be upgraded from xp pro i
> had to do the "clean install" version. Now when i look on my c drive i have
> the windows folder (for vista) and one called windows.old which was the xp.
> How do i get rid of the windows.old folder, or do i need it on there, even
> though i had just reformatted and its got nothing on it?


You may delete windows.old - no prob.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2007
=?Utf-8?B?TmF5MzE4Nw==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows.old folder???
So i can just send windows.old folder to the recycling bin and it wont effect
anything?

"Roy Coorne" wrote:

> Nay3187 asked:
> > I reformatted my pc with a fresh version of xp pro, then put on my home
> > premium upgrade staight away. Because Home can't be upgraded from xp pro i
> > had to do the "clean install" version. Now when i look on my c drive i have
> > the windows folder (for vista) and one called windows.old which was the xp.
> > How do i get rid of the windows.old folder, or do i need it on there, even
> > though i had just reformatted and its got nothing on it?

>
> You may delete windows.old - no prob.
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2007
rOy cOOrne
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows.old folder???
Nay3187 wrote:
> So i can just send windows.old folder to the recycling bin and it wont effect
> anything?


What are you expecting?


> "Roy Coorne" wrote:
>
>> Nay3187 asked:
>>> I reformatted my pc with a fresh version of xp pro, then put on my home
>>> premium upgrade staight away. Because Home can't be upgraded from xp pro i
>>> had to do the "clean install" version. Now when i look on my c drive i have
>>> the windows folder (for vista) and one called windows.old which was the xp.
>>> How do i get rid of the windows.old folder, or do i need it on there, even
>>> though i had just reformatted and its got nothing on it?

>> You may delete windows.old - no prob.
>>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Vista Folder Moving problem =?Utf-8?B?cmljZQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 20 07-11-2007 11:21
Windows Vista - Folder Types =?Utf-8?B?VGhvbWFz?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 16 07-07-2007 19:38
Cannot access Windows.old folder =?Utf-8?B?Sm9zaA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 18 03-01-2007 03:44
Delete the Windows Folder Marco microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 14 02-28-2007 23:30
Windows Explorer - Folder Options Robert M. Lincoln microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 02-26-2007 06:42




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:16.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120