Cannot upgrade to vista because of error

mail

Re: Cannot upgrade to vista because of error

Richard Urban wrote:

> Physically disconnect all of your USB devices except for a mouse or
> keyboard. Try to install again.

?
=?Utf-8?B?aW5mYW1vdXoyMw==?=

Cannot upgrade to vista because of error
This is the message I get when I try to run Vista Home Premium upgrade.:

Close Windows installation and contact the device manufacturer for updated
driver software for these devices:

Disk drives: MSFT Memory Unit USB Device

System specs are:

Windows XP MCE: SP2
Pentium D 3.2 GHz
2GB Ram

Richard Urban

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"infamouz23" <infamouz23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is the message I get when I try to run Vista Home Premium upgrade.:
>
> Close Windows installation and contact the device manufacturer for updated
> driver software for these devices:
>
> Disk drives: MSFT Memory Unit USB Device
>
> System specs are:
>
> Windows XP MCE: SP2
> Pentium D 3.2 GHz
> 2GB Ram

=?Utf-8?B?aW5mYW1vdXoyMw==?=

Re: Cannot upgrade to vista because of error
Unfortunately that did not solve the problem. I will try to disconnect form
an Xbox 360 to see if it is picking up that particular disk drive.

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Physically disconnect all of your USB devices except for a mouse or
> keyboard. Try to install again.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from George Ankner:
>

> "infamouz23" <infamouz23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This is the message I get when I try to run Vista Home Premium upgrade.:
> >
> > Close Windows installation and contact the device manufacturer for updated
> > driver software for these devices:
> >
> > Disk drives: MSFT Memory Unit USB Device
> >
> > System specs are:
> >
> > Windows XP MCE: SP2
> > Pentium D 3.2 GHz
> > 2GB Ram

=?Utf-8?B?TWF5bmFyZA==?=

"infamouz23" wrote:

> This is the message I get when I try to run Vista Home Premium upgrade.:
>
> Close Windows installation and contact the device manufacturer for updated
> driver software for these devices:
>
> Disk drives: MSFT Memory Unit USB Device
>
> System specs are:
>
> Windows XP MCE: SP2
> Pentium D 3.2 GHz
> 2GB Ram
>

> i have the same issue.....did u ever get this resolved and if so, how??

treebeard59

Re: Cannot upgrade to vista because of error

has anyone managed to solve this error yet because I am having the same
issues and want to avoid a clean install if at all possible

--
treebeard59
Rick Rogers

Re: Cannot upgrade to vista because of error
Hi,

As you failed to include the original post in the old thread you have
responded to, and you give no indication as to what error you are
encountering, it would be impossible for anyone to give you an answer that
is meaningful.

Please post the details of the error you are encountering, as well as
specifics about your system and the hardware involved. Read:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"treebeard59" <treebeard59.2pfuz7@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> has anyone managed to solve this error yet because I am having the same
> issues and want to avoid a clean install if at all possible
>

> --
> treebeard59

treebeard59

Re: Cannot upgrade to vista because of error

This is the message I get when I try to run Vista Home Premium
upgrade.:

Close Windows installation and contact the device manufacturer for
updated
driver software for these devices:

Disk drives: MSFT Memory Unit USB Device

System specs are:

Windows XP MCE: SP2
Intel 2 Core Due 2.13 GHz
2GB Ram

I have tried install with all USB devices removed

--
treebeard59
Rick Rogers

Re: Cannot upgrade to vista because of error
Hi,

Do you have a memory stick (thumb drive) or card reader attached to the
system?

--

"treebeard59" <treebeard59.2pg2m4@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> This is the message I get when I try to run Vista Home Premium
> upgrade.:
>
> Close Windows installation and contact the device manufacturer for
> updated
> driver software for these devices:
>
> Disk drives: MSFT Memory Unit USB Device
>
> System specs are:
>
> Windows XP MCE: SP2
> Intel 2 Core Due 2.13 GHz
> 2GB Ram
>
> I have tried install with all USB devices removed
>

> --
> treebeard59

treebeard59

Re: Cannot upgrade to vista because of error

not when I am installing, no

--
treebeard59