Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

missing hal.dll file

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2007
=?Utf-8?B?TEp1bGlldDk3?=
 

Posts: n/a
missing hal.dll file
When my computer tried to rollback it failed and now I can not start xp
because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows
root>\system32\hal.dll
What can I do?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2007
John Barnes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: missing hal.dll file
Unless your computer is one with a recovery process, if you have the XP
install CD, boot to the cd, at the first option page enter repair with
recovery console, login and at the command prompt enter fixboot press
enter, then enter fixmbr press enter. If that doesn't fix your
problem, you should provide information about your computer and exactly how
your hard drive (s) are set up.
It was recommended to make a full backup before you started the install, and
it may then be easier to restore that.

"LJuliet97" <LJuliet97@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:425A43F8-AA84-4AC8-8840-D10CC4750C18@microsoft.com...
> When my computer tried to rollback it failed and now I can not start xp
> because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows
> root>\system32\hal.dll
> What can I do?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2007
=?Utf-8?B?anhkZXJlemk=?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: missing hal.dll file
Start your pc with your xp cd and go to recovery console and login then type
expand d:\i386\hal.dl_ c:\winxp\system\hal.dll this shold replace your old
hal.dll

good luck

"LJuliet97" wrote:

> When my computer tried to rollback it failed and now I can not start xp
> because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows
> root>\system32\hal.dll
> What can I do?

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2007
=?Utf-8?B?anhkZXJlemk=?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: missing hal.dll file
Sorry guy it is c:\system32\hal.dll not c:\system\hal.dll

"LJuliet97" wrote:

> When my computer tried to rollback it failed and now I can not start xp
> because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows
> root>\system32\hal.dll
> What can I do?

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2007
=?Utf-8?B?TEp1bGlldDk3?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: missing hal.dll file
I am running a Dell XPS 600 with Pentium D 830 (3Ghz), 2GB Ram, and 320GB
Performance RAID 0 HD. I tried fixboot and fixmbr and the computer did the
same thing when it restarted. I also tried expand d:\i386\hal,dl_
c:winxp\system32\hal.dll and it told me that access is denied. I don't know
what else to try.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Unless your computer is one with a recovery process, if you have the XP
> install CD, boot to the cd, at the first option page enter repair with
> recovery console, login and at the command prompt enter fixboot press
> enter, then enter fixmbr press enter. If that doesn't fix your
> problem, you should provide information about your computer and exactly how
> your hard drive (s) are set up.
> It was recommended to make a full backup before you started the install, and
> it may then be easier to restore that.
>
> "LJuliet97" <LJuliet97@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:425A43F8-AA84-4AC8-8840-D10CC4750C18@microsoft.com...
> > When my computer tried to rollback it failed and now I can not start xp
> > because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows
> > root>\system32\hal.dll
> > What can I do?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2007
=?Utf-8?B?TEp1bGlldDk3?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: missing hal.dll file
This is what it says when I type bixmbr
This computer appears to have a non-standard or invalid master boot record.
FIXMBR may damage your partition tables if you proceed
This could cause all the partitions on the current hard disk to become
inaccessible.
If you are not having problems accessing your drive, do not continue.

Just a side note, I have never partitioned this hd.

"LJuliet97" wrote:

> I am running a Dell XPS 600 with Pentium D 830 (3Ghz), 2GB Ram, and 320GB
> Performance RAID 0 HD. I tried fixboot and fixmbr and the computer did the
> same thing when it restarted. I also tried expand d:\i386\hal,dl_
> c:winxp\system32\hal.dll and it told me that access is denied. I don't know
> what else to try.
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
> > Unless your computer is one with a recovery process, if you have the XP
> > install CD, boot to the cd, at the first option page enter repair with
> > recovery console, login and at the command prompt enter fixboot press
> > enter, then enter fixmbr press enter. If that doesn't fix your
> > problem, you should provide information about your computer and exactly how
> > your hard drive (s) are set up.
> > It was recommended to make a full backup before you started the install, and
> > it may then be easier to restore that.
> >
> > "LJuliet97" <LJuliet97@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:425A43F8-AA84-4AC8-8840-D10CC4750C18@microsoft.com...
> > > When my computer tried to rollback it failed and now I can not start xp
> > > because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows
> > > root>\system32\hal.dll
> > > What can I do?

> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2007
John Barnes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: missing hal.dll file
It sounds like your computer may have a hidden recovery partition. You
should check with Dell, either their website or the support line to get the
download you need to replace the non-standard mbr




"LJuliet97" <LJuliet97@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C73A9AD9-135C-405E-BF19-4E3842D624CB@microsoft.com...
> This is what it says when I type bixmbr
> This computer appears to have a non-standard or invalid master boot
> record.
> FIXMBR may damage your partition tables if you proceed
> This could cause all the partitions on the current hard disk to become
> inaccessible.
> If you are not having problems accessing your drive, do not continue.
>
> Just a side note, I have never partitioned this hd.
>
> "LJuliet97" wrote:
>
>> I am running a Dell XPS 600 with Pentium D 830 (3Ghz), 2GB Ram, and 320GB
>> Performance RAID 0 HD. I tried fixboot and fixmbr and the computer did
>> the
>> same thing when it restarted. I also tried expand d:\i386\hal,dl_
>> c:winxp\system32\hal.dll and it told me that access is denied. I don't
>> know
>> what else to try.
>>
>> "John Barnes" wrote:
>>
>> > Unless your computer is one with a recovery process, if you have the XP
>> > install CD, boot to the cd, at the first option page enter repair with
>> > recovery console, login and at the command prompt enter fixboot
>> > press
>> > enter, then enter fixmbr press enter. If that doesn't fix your
>> > problem, you should provide information about your computer and exactly
>> > how
>> > your hard drive (s) are set up.
>> > It was recommended to make a full backup before you started the
>> > install, and
>> > it may then be easier to restore that.
>> >
>> > "LJuliet97" <LJuliet97@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > news:425A43F8-AA84-4AC8-8840-D10CC4750C18@microsoft.com...
>> > > When my computer tried to rollback it failed and now I can not start
>> > > xp
>> > > because the following file is missing or corrupt: <Windows
>> > > root>\system32\hal.dll
>> > > What can I do?
>> >
>> >


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
exe file association missing =?Utf-8?B?R3JlZyBW?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 02-28-2007 22:17
msvcP/R71.dll missing =?Utf-8?B?TWFyc2hhbHg=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 9 02-28-2007 20:59
Missing Driver File =?Utf-8?B?UyBNdXJkZXI=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 02-18-2007 07:50
Missing Driver File =?Utf-8?B?UyBNdXJkZXI=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 02-18-2007 07:49
HAL error elmoono microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 02-06-2007 08:50




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:07.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120