Any one eles having trouble starting Internet Explorer?

Mike & Wanda

Any one eles having trouble starting Internet Explorer?
I performed an upgrade from XP SP2 to Vista Home Prem today. It went well
except that I have to run Internet Explorer in admin mode, otherwise get the
"Internet Explorer has stopped working" message. Mail works fine. Anyone
else having this problem?

=?Utf-8?B?YnVjZmFu?=

RE: Any one eles having trouble starting Internet Explorer?
Did you do the Upgrade or Clean Install? I tried upgrade and got all the way
through but then received the messege "upgrade unsuccessful..." so i then
tried to do Clean install but now the the installation freezes early into it.
Im on the phone with customer support and they sure are terrible.

"Mike & Wanda" wrote:

> I performed an upgrade from XP SP2 to Vista Home Prem today. It went well
> except that I have to run Internet Explorer in admin mode, otherwise get the
> "Internet Explorer has stopped working" message. Mail works fine. Anyone
> else having this problem?

Mike & Wanda

Re: Any one eles having trouble starting Internet Explorer?
I did an upgrade just to see how things would go. I plan on doing a clean
install this week. This is the only serious problem I had. Sounds like I got
lucky given some of the posts I'm reading here. Good luck with customer
support.

"bucfan" <bucfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news3FD508C-8150-4422-8437-E9B51467D86B@microsoft.com...
> Did you do the Upgrade or Clean Install? I tried upgrade and got all the
> way
> through but then received the messege "upgrade unsuccessful..." so i then
> tried to do Clean install but now the the installation freezes early into
> it.
> Im on the phone with customer support and they sure are terrible.
>
> "Mike & Wanda" wrote:
>
>> I performed an upgrade from XP SP2 to Vista Home Prem today. It went well
>> except that I have to run Internet Explorer in admin mode, otherwise get
>> the
>> "Internet Explorer has stopped working" message. Mail works fine. Anyone
>> else having this problem?

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4=?=

RE: Any one eles having trouble starting Internet Explorer?
I have the exact same issue after an upgrade from xp sp2. Trying to figure
it out for days. Ready to do a fresh install. Noticed that the
iexplorer.exe file shows vista does not recognize it as an "identifed
publisher". Would love to uninstall ie but it'snot listed as a separate
installation any longer. Would love some suggestions.