How can i go from Vista to Vista sapnish?

=?Utf-8?B?SkpU?=

How can i go from Vista to Vista sapnish?
Do I need full or upgrade spanish version
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: How can i go from Vista to Vista sapnish?
You would need to purchase a "Full License" Spanish version
of Windows Vista and perform a "clean install".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Do I need full or upgrade spanish version
=?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?=

RE: How can i go from Vista to Vista sapnish?
If you have any english speaking people in your household you may want to
invest in the Ultimate Edition. The ultimate edition comes with language
packs wich allows you to change the language that the OS actually displays on
a per user basis. Keep in mind this is totally different than the prior
versions of windows. If you allready have a valid copy of XP/2K on that
machine you can choose to purchase the upgrade edition of Vista Ultimate or
the Full Version. If you do not have a prior OS you will need to purchase the
full version.

"Multi-language support
An interface language controls which language a user sees in the Windows
Start menu, in the help system, in built-in management tools, and in Windows
dialog boxes. Windows Vista Enterprise and Ultimate includes all available
interface languages in one offering. Access to all worldwide Windows
interface languages enables organizations to build a single deployment image
that can be used worldwide and to deploy individual PCs that simultaneously
offer different interface languages for different users. " (I added Ultimate
to this, as it is only available to both these versions. If you seach MUI you
will see this.)

"JJT" wrote:

> Do I need full or upgrade spanish version

=?Utf-8?B?c2pjaW5uYW1vbmQ=?=

Re: How can i go from Vista to Vista sapnish?
Carey,

Where does one purchase a 'full license" Spanish version of Vista? What
about a Language Interface Pack? If you download the Spanish LIP for Vista
will it then run the OS GUI in Spanish? If so, do you know when the LIPs for
Vista will be available for download? They are currently listed as "coming
soon". Also, will the LIP run on Vista Home Basic? I see that a MUI would
need Vista Ultimate, but the particular person that I'm trying to help
doesn't need all of the features of Vista Ultimate. He just wants to be able
to use his Vista Home Basic in Spanish.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> You would need to purchase a "Full License" Spanish version
> of Windows Vista and perform a "clean install".
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "JJT" wrote:
>
> Do I need full or upgrade spanish version

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: How can i go from Vista to Vista sapnish?
Spanish Windows Vista Home Basic OEM
http://www.worldlanguage.com/Product...oft-108423.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> You would need to purchase a "Full License" Spanish version
> of Windows Vista and perform a "clean install".
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

> "JJT" wrote:
>
> Do I need full or upgrade spanish version

=?Utf-8?B?c2pjaW5uYW1vbmQ=?=

Re: How can i go from Vista to Vista sapnish?
Thank you, Carey. Can you perhaps tell me why a person who already purchased
an new computer with the English edition of Vista Home Basic would have to
pay full price for another version? Is there a way for the person to get a
credit for the English edition license if he's doing a clean install of the
Spanish edition and therefore no longer using the English one?

sjc

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Spanish Windows Vista Home Basic OEM
> http://www.worldlanguage.com/Product...oft-108423.htm
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows - Shell/User

> "sjcinnamond" wrote:
>
> Carey,
>
> Where does one purchase a 'full license" Spanish version of Vista? What
> about a Language Interface Pack? If you download the Spanish LIP for Vista
> will it then run the OS GUI in Spanish? If so, do you know when the LIPs for
> Vista will be available for download? They are currently listed as "coming
> soon". Also, will the LIP run on Vista Home Basic? I see that a MUI would
> need Vista Ultimate, but the particular person that I'm trying to help
> doesn't need all of the features of Vista Ultimate. He just wants to be able
> to use his Vista Home Basic in Spanish.
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > You would need to purchase a "Full License" Spanish version
> > of Windows Vista and perform a "clean install".
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows Shell/User
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > "JJT" wrote:
> >
> > Do I need full or upgrade spanish version

=?Utf-8?B?UGpmYXVzdA==?=

RE: How can i go from Vista to Vista sapnish?
Then, I can buy the Vista Ultimate Full Retail in USA and install it in
Spanish?. The installation of the Ultimate is multilanguage? I live in Spain
and would save money buying it in the USA...
Thanks!

"Terry" wrote:

> If you have any english speaking people in your household you may want to
> invest in the Ultimate Edition. The ultimate edition comes with language
> packs wich allows you to change the language that the OS actually displays on
> a per user basis. Keep in mind this is totally different than the prior
> versions of windows. If you allready have a valid copy of XP/2K on that
> machine you can choose to purchase the upgrade edition of Vista Ultimate or
> the Full Version. If you do not have a prior OS you will need to purchase the
> full version.
>
> "Multi-language support
> An interface language controls which language a user sees in the Windows
> Start menu, in the help system, in built-in management tools, and in Windows
> dialog boxes. Windows Vista Enterprise and Ultimate includes all available
> interface languages in one offering. Access to all worldwide Windows
> interface languages enables organizations to build a single deployment image
> that can be used worldwide and to deploy individual PCs that simultaneously
> offer different interface languages for different users. " (I added Ultimate
> to this, as it is only available to both these versions. If you seach MUI you
> will see this.)
>

> "JJT" wrote:
>
> > Do I need full or upgrade spanish version

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: How can i go from Vista to Vista sapnish?
Not quite.
You install the version you bought, English.
Then you can download languages which are Ultimate Extras.
Then you can change the language in "Regional & Language Options".

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Pjfaust" <Pjfaust@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Then, I can buy the Vista Ultimate Full Retail in USA and install it in
> Spanish?. The installation of the Ultimate is multilanguage? I live in
> Spain
> and would save money buying it in the USA...
> Thanks!

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: How can i go from Vista to Vista sapnish?
Note also that I have read two limitations of the multilanguage
feature:

(1) Not absolutely all captions on elements of Windows will change --
someone found one set that did not, but that may not be important

(2) While VISTA may change its language, applications only will change
if they fully meet the requirements of VISTA in this respect.

But it's certainly a great improvement on previous versions and I look
forward to trying it when my Ultimate copy arrives.