Family Discount Ordering Trouble

=?Utf-8?B?QmVu?=

Family Discount Ordering Trouble
For over 4 hours now, I've been attempting to purchase two (2) additional
Vista Home Premium licenses from the appropriate MS website. Once I tell the
website that I am in the US, enter my product key and correctly insert the
fraud-protection letters (the letters intentionally garbled to protect from
OCR software from using the website, I guess), the website gives me the
following message:

"! We're sorry, to following error(s) have occurred:
No Offer Found"

This has happened over a dozen times with no derivation in outcome.

To be clear:

1) I have purchased a RETAIL Vista Ultimate (Upgrade)
2) Vista Ulitmate has been installed and (apparently) validated (no warnings
otherwise, and no fruit for my search in Vista to force a validation)
3) I have typed the product key in correctly
4) I have typed the fraud-protection key in correctly (both visual and audio
tried)

I've called MS and they merely (and surprisingly rudely) told me that the
Family Discount can only be purchased online. No amount of explanation that
the website wasn't working seemed to get through to this person (who is
likely suffering from a very stressful and busy launch day).

Insights or suggestions?
=?Utf-8?B?ZnJ1c3RyYXRlZA==?=

RE: Family Discount Ordering Trouble
I have the same problem, and you can check your validation status by right
clicking on my computer, goto properties, and then scroll to the bottom of
that screen - you will see that it will be waiting 3 days to complete
validation automatically or you can force it to do it right away. Mine still
didn't work ever after forcing to validate.

"Ben" wrote:

> For over 4 hours now, I've been attempting to purchase two (2) additional
> Vista Home Premium licenses from the appropriate MS website. Once I tell the
> website that I am in the US, enter my product key and correctly insert the
> fraud-protection letters (the letters intentionally garbled to protect from
> OCR software from using the website, I guess), the website gives me the
> following message:
>
> "! We're sorry, to following error(s) have occurred:
> No Offer Found"
>
> This has happened over a dozen times with no derivation in outcome.
>
> To be clear:
>
> 1) I have purchased a RETAIL Vista Ultimate (Upgrade)
> 2) Vista Ulitmate has been installed and (apparently) validated (no warnings
> otherwise, and no fruit for my search in Vista to force a validation)
> 3) I have typed the product key in correctly
> 4) I have typed the fraud-protection key in correctly (both visual and audio
> tried)
>
> I've called MS and they merely (and surprisingly rudely) told me that the
> Family Discount can only be purchased online. No amount of explanation that
> the website wasn't working seemed to get through to this person (who is
> likely suffering from a very stressful and busy launch day).
>
> Insights or suggestions?

Ben

Re: Family Discount Ordering Trouble
Somehow, I feel better knowing that someone else is in the same boat ...
perhaps it's merely a temporary website issue.

I'll try again later (and probably again after that ... and so on).

-Ben
"frustrated" <frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem, and you can check your validation status by right
> clicking on my computer, goto properties, and then scroll to the bottom of
> that screen - you will see that it will be waiting 3 days to complete
> validation automatically or you can force it to do it right away. Mine
> still
> didn't work ever after forcing to validate.
>

> "Ben" wrote:
>
>> For over 4 hours now, I've been attempting to purchase two (2) additional
>> Vista Home Premium licenses from the appropriate MS website. Once I tell
>> the
>> website that I am in the US, enter my product key and correctly insert
>> the
>> fraud-protection letters (the letters intentionally garbled to protect
>> from
>> OCR software from using the website, I guess), the website gives me the
>> following message:
>>
>> "! We're sorry, to following error(s) have occurred:
>> No Offer Found"
>>
>> This has happened over a dozen times with no derivation in outcome.
>>
>> To be clear:
>>
>> 1) I have purchased a RETAIL Vista Ultimate (Upgrade)
>> 2) Vista Ulitmate has been installed and (apparently) validated (no
>> warnings
>> otherwise, and no fruit for my search in Vista to force a validation)
>> 3) I have typed the product key in correctly
>> 4) I have typed the fraud-protection key in correctly (both visual and
>> audio
>> tried)
>>
>> I've called MS and they merely (and surprisingly rudely) told me that the
>> Family Discount can only be purchased online. No amount of explanation
>> that
>> the website wasn't working seemed to get through to this person (who is
>> likely suffering from a very stressful and busy launch day).
>>
>> Insights or suggestions?

MrMikeH

Re: Family Discount Ordering Trouble
At least you are getting an error message that says something. All I get is
the word ERROR and no explanation. Also, using IE7 I cannot see the
characters they are talking about so I was using the numbers in the audio
file.

--
Mike

"Ben" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
> Somehow, I feel better knowing that someone else is in the same boat ...
> perhaps it's merely a temporary website issue.
>
> I'll try again later (and probably again after that ... and so on).
>
> -Ben
> "frustrated" <frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have the same problem, and you can check your validation status by right
>> clicking on my computer, goto properties, and then scroll to the bottom
>> of
>> that screen - you will see that it will be waiting 3 days to complete
>> validation automatically or you can force it to do it right away. Mine
>> still
>> didn't work ever after forcing to validate.
>>

>> "Ben" wrote:
>>
>>> For over 4 hours now, I've been attempting to purchase two (2)
>>> additional
>>> Vista Home Premium licenses from the appropriate MS website. Once I
>>> tell the
>>> website that I am in the US, enter my product key and correctly insert
>>> the
>>> fraud-protection letters (the letters intentionally garbled to protect
>>> from
>>> OCR software from using the website, I guess), the website gives me the
>>> following message:
>>>
>>> "! We're sorry, to following error(s) have occurred:
>>> No Offer Found"
>>>
>>> This has happened over a dozen times with no derivation in outcome.
>>>
>>> To be clear:
>>>
>>> 1) I have purchased a RETAIL Vista Ultimate (Upgrade)
>>> 2) Vista Ulitmate has been installed and (apparently) validated (no
>>> warnings
>>> otherwise, and no fruit for my search in Vista to force a validation)
>>> 3) I have typed the product key in correctly
>>> 4) I have typed the fraud-protection key in correctly (both visual and
>>> audio
>>> tried)
>>>
>>> I've called MS and they merely (and surprisingly rudely) told me that
>>> the
>>> Family Discount can only be purchased online. No amount of explanation
>>> that
>>> the website wasn't working seemed to get through to this person (who is
>>> likely suffering from a very stressful and busy launch day).
>>>
>>> Insights or suggestions?

Doug Hite \(MSFT\)

Re: Family Discount Ordering Trouble
Hi, I forwarded this theard to the 'Order Managment Team'. I will see what
they say and post back in there.

Thanks
Doug

"MrMikeH" <MrMikeH@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> At least you are getting an error message that says something. All I get
> is the word ERROR and no explanation. Also, using IE7 I cannot see the
> characters they are talking about so I was using the numbers in the audio
> file.
>
> --
> Mike
>
> "Ben" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
>> Somehow, I feel better knowing that someone else is in the same boat ...
>> perhaps it's merely a temporary website issue.
>>
>> I'll try again later (and probably again after that ... and so on).
>>
>> -Ben
>> "frustrated" <frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I have the same problem, and you can check your validation status by
>>>right
>>> clicking on my computer, goto properties, and then scroll to the bottom
>>> of
>>> that screen - you will see that it will be waiting 3 days to complete
>>> validation automatically or you can force it to do it right away. Mine
>>> still
>>> didn't work ever after forcing to validate.

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obg==?=

RE: Family Discount Ordering Trouble
Same issue here by the way, definately activated

"frustrated" wrote:

> I have the same problem, and you can check your validation status by right
> clicking on my computer, goto properties, and then scroll to the bottom of
> that screen - you will see that it will be waiting 3 days to complete
> validation automatically or you can force it to do it right away. Mine still
> didn't work ever after forcing to validate.
>

> "Ben" wrote:
>
> > For over 4 hours now, I've been attempting to purchase two (2) additional
> > Vista Home Premium licenses from the appropriate MS website. Once I tell the
> > website that I am in the US, enter my product key and correctly insert the
> > fraud-protection letters (the letters intentionally garbled to protect from
> > OCR software from using the website, I guess), the website gives me the
> > following message:
> >
> > "! We're sorry, to following error(s) have occurred:
> > No Offer Found"
> >
> > This has happened over a dozen times with no derivation in outcome.
> >
> > To be clear:
> >
> > 1) I have purchased a RETAIL Vista Ultimate (Upgrade)
> > 2) Vista Ulitmate has been installed and (apparently) validated (no warnings
> > otherwise, and no fruit for my search in Vista to force a validation)
> > 3) I have typed the product key in correctly
> > 4) I have typed the fraud-protection key in correctly (both visual and audio
> > tried)
> >
> > I've called MS and they merely (and surprisingly rudely) told me that the
> > Family Discount can only be purchased online. No amount of explanation that
> > the website wasn't working seemed to get through to this person (who is
> > likely suffering from a very stressful and busy launch day).
> >
> > Insights or suggestions?

Ben

Re: Family Discount Ordering Trouble
My installation is now activated and the website reacts the same. I wonder
if anyone browsing this thread has had a succussful purchase pursuant to the
Family Discount program?

"Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For over 4 hours now, I've been attempting to purchase two (2) additional
> Vista Home Premium licenses from the appropriate MS website. Once I tell
> the
> website that I am in the US, enter my product key and correctly insert the
> fraud-protection letters (the letters intentionally garbled to protect
> from
> OCR software from using the website, I guess), the website gives me the
> following message:
>
> "! We're sorry, to following error(s) have occurred:
> No Offer Found"
>
> This has happened over a dozen times with no derivation in outcome.
>
> To be clear:
>
> 1) I have purchased a RETAIL Vista Ultimate (Upgrade)
> 2) Vista Ulitmate has been installed and (apparently) validated (no
> warnings
> otherwise, and no fruit for my search in Vista to force a validation)
> 3) I have typed the product key in correctly
> 4) I have typed the fraud-protection key in correctly (both visual and
> audio
> tried)
>
> I've called MS and they merely (and surprisingly rudely) told me that the
> Family Discount can only be purchased online. No amount of explanation
> that
> the website wasn't working seemed to get through to this person (who is
> likely suffering from a very stressful and busy launch day).
>
> Insights or suggestions?

Doug Hite \(MSFT\)

Re: Family Discount Ordering Trouble
Hi Ben, The product activation group would like to check your product ID
againsted there database to see whats going on. Could you send that to my
Microsoft Email address? dhite@microsoft.com (Please do not post the
product id it in the newsgroups).

Thanks
Doug

> My installation is now activated and the website reacts the same. I
> wonder if anyone browsing this thread has had a succussful purchase
> pursuant to the Family Discount program?
>
> "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> For over 4 hours now, I've been attempting to purchase two (2) additional
>> Vista Home Premium licenses from the appropriate MS website. Once I tell
>> the
>> website that I am in the US, enter my product key and correctly insert
>> the
>> fraud-protection letters (the letters intentionally garbled to protect
>> from
>> OCR software from using the website, I guess), the website gives me the
>> following message:
>>
>> "! We're sorry, to following error(s) have occurred:
>> No Offer Found"
>>
>> This has happened over a dozen times with no derivation in outcome.
>>
>> To be clear:
>>
>> 1) I have purchased a RETAIL Vista Ultimate (Upgrade)
>> 2) Vista Ulitmate has been installed and (apparently) validated (no
>> warnings
>> otherwise, and no fruit for my search in Vista to force a validation)
>> 3) I have typed the product key in correctly
>> 4) I have typed the fraud-protection key in correctly (both visual and
>> audio
>> tried)
>>
>> I've called MS and they merely (and surprisingly rudely) told me that the
>> Family Discount can only be purchased online. No amount of explanation
>> that
>> the website wasn't working seemed to get through to this person (who is
>> likely suffering from a very stressful and busy launch day).
>>
>> Insights or suggestions?

=?Utf-8?B?S3lsZQ==?=

Re: Family Discount Ordering Trouble
Doug,
I'm having the same problem.

"Doug Hite (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hi Ben, The product activation group would like to check your product ID
> againsted there database to see whats going on. Could you send that to my
> Microsoft Email address? dhite@microsoft.com (Please do not post the
> product id it in the newsgroups).
>
> Thanks
> Doug
>

> "Ben" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
> > My installation is now activated and the website reacts the same. I
> > wonder if anyone browsing this thread has had a succussful purchase
> > pursuant to the Family Discount program?
> >
> > "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> For over 4 hours now, I've been attempting to purchase two (2) additional
> >> Vista Home Premium licenses from the appropriate MS website. Once I tell
> >> the
> >> website that I am in the US, enter my product key and correctly insert
> >> the
> >> fraud-protection letters (the letters intentionally garbled to protect
> >> from
> >> OCR software from using the website, I guess), the website gives me the
> >> following message:
> >>
> >> "! We're sorry, to following error(s) have occurred:
> >> No Offer Found"
> >>
> >> This has happened over a dozen times with no derivation in outcome.
> >>
> >> To be clear:
> >>
> >> 1) I have purchased a RETAIL Vista Ultimate (Upgrade)
> >> 2) Vista Ulitmate has been installed and (apparently) validated (no
> >> warnings
> >> otherwise, and no fruit for my search in Vista to force a validation)
> >> 3) I have typed the product key in correctly
> >> 4) I have typed the fraud-protection key in correctly (both visual and
> >> audio
> >> tried)
> >>
> >> I've called MS and they merely (and surprisingly rudely) told me that the
> >> Family Discount can only be purchased online. No amount of explanation
> >> that
> >> the website wasn't working seemed to get through to this person (who is
> >> likely suffering from a very stressful and busy launch day).
> >>
> >> Insights or suggestions?

Doug Hite \(MSFT\)

Re: Family Discount Ordering Trouble
Can you send me your prod id also? I will send them a list

Thanks
Doug