Can I activate Windows Vista Home Premium on Multiple Computers?

Andy M

Re: Can I activate Windows Vista Home Premium on Multiple Computers?
GDay All,

You should be able to uninstall Vista from the old machine and install it
onto the new machine. This will require a call to Microsoft in order to
re-activate it though.

Regards
Andy M

"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> wrote in message
> Nope. 1 computer, 1 license each. You would need to have 2 copies of the
> OS.
>
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>

> MrOriginal wrote:
>> Hi, Can I install and activate Home Premium on multiple computers. I will
>> be getting a new computer in the future but I would like to install Vista
>> on my current machine as a new machine might be some time away. When I
>> get a new computer can I install Vista on it as well and keep it on my
>> old computer? The recovery partition on my current computer has become
>> corrupt and I cannot re-install XP unless maybe I buy recovery disks from
>> HP. If I cannot activate Vista on multiple machines can I uninstall Vista
>> from my old computer and install and acticvate it on my future new
>> computer?

Dave B.

Re: Can I activate Windows Vista Home Premium on Multiple Computers?
No, just like all previous versions of Windows, 1 license, 1 PC.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com

MrOriginal wrote:
> Hi, Can I install and activate Home Premium on multiple computers. I will be
> getting a new computer in the future but I would like to install Vista on my
> current machine as a new machine might be some time away. When I get a new
> computer can I install Vista on it as well and keep it on my old computer?
> The recovery partition on my current computer has become corrupt and I cannot
> re-install XP unless maybe I buy recovery disks from HP. If I cannot activate
> Vista on multiple machines can I uninstall Vista from my old computer and
> install and acticvate it on my future new computer?

=?Utf-8?B?TXJPcmlnaW5hbA==?=

Re: Can I activate Windows Vista Home Premium on Multiple Computer
Ok but can I uninstall Vista on one machine and then install and activate it
on another?

"Dustin Harper" wrote:

> Nope. 1 computer, 1 license each. You would need to have 2 copies of the
> OS.
>
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>

> MrOriginal wrote:
> > Hi, Can I install and activate Home Premium on multiple computers. I will be
> > getting a new computer in the future but I would like to install Vista on my
> > current machine as a new machine might be some time away. When I get a new
> > computer can I install Vista on it as well and keep it on my old computer?
> > The recovery partition on my current computer has become corrupt and I cannot
> > re-install XP unless maybe I buy recovery disks from HP. If I cannot activate
> > Vista on multiple machines can I uninstall Vista from my old computer and
> > install and acticvate it on my future new computer?

Dave B.

Re: Can I activate Windows Vista Home Premium on Multiple Computer
You can if it's a retail version, you cannot if it's OEM.

--
----
> Ok but can I uninstall Vista on one machine and then install and activate
> it
> on another?
>
> "Dustin Harper" wrote:
>
>> Nope. 1 computer, 1 license each. You would need to have 2 copies of the
>> OS.
>>
>> Dustin Harper
>> dharper@vistarip.com
>> http://www.vistarip.com
>>

>> MrOriginal wrote:
>> > Hi, Can I install and activate Home Premium on multiple computers. I
>> > will be
>> > getting a new computer in the future but I would like to install Vista
>> > on my
>> > current machine as a new machine might be some time away. When I get a
>> > new
>> > computer can I install Vista on it as well and keep it on my old
>> > computer?
>> > The recovery partition on my current computer has become corrupt and I
>> > cannot
>> > re-install XP unless maybe I buy recovery disks from HP. If I cannot
>> > activate
>> > Vista on multiple machines can I uninstall Vista from my old computer
>> > and
>> > install and acticvate it on my future new computer?

Dustin Harper

Re: Can I activate Windows Vista Home Premium on Multiple Computer
Only with the retail. OEM is tied to the hardware that you were using
before (without a call to MS to explain that the previous hardware died
and you replaced the MB, etc.).

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com
http://www.vistarip.com