RE: Nvidia and Maxtor install problems with RC1

=?Utf-8?B?Tm9yMTA=?=

"Arnie" wrote:

> Upgrade scenario with my relatively new (i.e. "off the shelf") Dell XPS 600
> with the RC1 32 bit client...
>
> Error message is:
> You must make the following changes before installing Windows
> Close Windows installation and contact the device manufacturer for updated
> driver software for these devices:
> o SCSI and RAID controllers: Maxtor 7L250S0
> o SCSI and RAID controllers: NVIDIA nForce4 Serial ATA RAID Controller
>
> The problem is two-fold: 1) There is no such part number listed on the
> Maxtor site and they have no Vista drivers available regardless (at least
> that I could find); 2) I downloaded the Nvidia Vista RC1 drivers, but the
> instructions state that I need to update to the drivers once Vista is
> installed - and there is no option to continue the install...
>
> Please note that I am not particularly technical, so probably a good test
> for how a consumer would encounter Vista, and I'm not sure what to do or
> where to turn...
>
> I've read a bunch of the posts on the problems with the NVIDIA nForce4
> chipset and Vista, but most are well over my head - just having trouble
> understanding how this can be an RC build and still have these problems, so
> wanted to post to give visibility and to see if someone can help
> resolve...especially the Maxtor mystery...

Tom Grundy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Nvidia and Maxtor install problems with RC1
Arnie,

Here it is over a year after your post, and I received the exact same error.

Did you ever get past this issue on your XPS 600?

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?Tm9yMTA=?= View Post
"Arnie" wrote:

[...]

Turns out that nVidia has released an update to there drivers that wil meet the compatability requirment of the Vista SP1 Upgrade Comaptability Test.
nForce Driver

The Media Shield software update fixed the issue completly and I'm loading Vista rigt now.

Tom Grundy
DonQ

Re: Nvidia and Maxtor install problems with RC1
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 03:26:21 +0000, Tom Grundy
<Tom.Grundy.3il9g2@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:

>Arnie,

[snip]

A check of Google Groups shows that "Arnie" hasn't been to the Vista
groups since February of last year.

You are talking to yourself.

Don
Mike Hall - MVP

"DonQ" <DonQ@invalid.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 03:26:21 +0000, Tom Grundy
> <Tom.Grundy.3il9g2@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote:
>

>>Arnie,

> [snip]
>
> A check of Google Groups shows that "Arnie" hasn't been to the Vista
> groups since February of last year.
>
> You are talking to yourself.
>
> Don

This is what comes of being told to look for a similar post before creating
a new one..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..