cannont install vista upgrade

=?Utf-8?B?QnJldHQ=?=

cannont install vista upgrade
I just downloaded the 64-bit version of Home Premium to install but when I
try to install it I get a message that says "Cannont extract Windows Vista
Setup to your hard drive. Please ensure that you can create files and
folders inthe same folder where vistasetupprep.exe was downloaded." I can
create files and folders in there. I'm trying to upgrade from XP home
32-bit. I don't know what to do and can't find help. Can somebody here
please help me? I downloaded it from my digital locker btw.
dirty old man

Re: cannont install vista upgrade
You must boot from the 64-bit DVD to install

"Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I just downloaded the 64-bit version of Home Premium to install but when I
| try to install it I get a message that says "Cannont extract Windows Vista
| Setup to your hard drive. Please ensure that you can create files and
| folders inthe same folder where vistasetupprep.exe was downloaded." I can
| create files and folders in there. I'm trying to upgrade from XP home
| 32-bit. I don't know what to do and can't find help. Can somebody here
| please help me? I downloaded it from my digital locker btw.

=?Utf-8?B?ZGVycmljaw==?=

Re: cannont install vista upgrade
I don't have a DVD, I downloaded vista through the windows marketplace. Do
you think burning the files to a DVD would have any chance of working?

"dirty old man" wrote:

> You must boot from the 64-bit DVD to install

=?Utf-8?B?QnJldHQ=?=

Re: cannont install vista upgrade
I just tried that but it doesn't work. It won't boot from it.

"derrick" wrote:

> I don't have a DVD, I downloaded vista through the windows marketplace. Do
> you think burning the files to a DVD would have any chance of working?
>
> "dirty old man" wrote:
>
> > You must boot from the 64-bit DVD to install

Dave B.

Re: cannont install vista upgrade
No chance at all.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com
"derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't have a DVD, I downloaded vista through the windows marketplace. Do
> you think burning the files to a DVD would have any chance of working?

=?Utf-8?B?QnJldHQ=?=

Re: cannont install vista upgrade
What do you mean? That doesn't help me at all...

"Dave B." wrote:

> No chance at all.
>
> --
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.db-pc.com
> "derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I don't have a DVD, I downloaded vista through the windows marketplace. Do
> > you think burning the files to a DVD would have any chance of working?

=?Utf-8?B?ZGVycmljaw==?=

Re: cannont install vista upgrade
According to this knowledge base article
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930891/en-us) you can only upgrade from
Vista Business 64-bit. I wish they had mentioned that when their software
specifically pointed me to the 64-bit Ultimate upgrade version.
Dave B.

Re: cannont install vista upgrade
It means that copying these 3 files to a DVD will not result in a bootable
DVD.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com
> What do you mean? That doesn't help me at all...
>
> "Dave B." wrote:
>
>> No chance at all.
>>
>> --
>> ----
>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>> http://www.db-pc.com
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> "derrick" <derrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I don't have a DVD, I downloaded vista through the windows marketplace.
>> >Do
>> > you think burning the files to a DVD would have any chance of working?

=?Utf-8?B?ZGVycmljaw==?=

Re: cannont install vista upgrade
I was referring to the files which were extracted from those 3 files, it
looks very similar to the structure of the Windows XP CD for example.

"Dave B." wrote:

> It means that copying these 3 files to a DVD will not result in a bootable
> DVD.

=?Utf-8?B?QnJldHQ=?=

Re: cannont install vista upgrade
Yeah, that's what I tried but it simply won't boot. I'm think i'm out of
luck. That wasn't made clear at all on marketplace page.