Is clean install allowed with Upgrade?

=?Utf-8?B?TWFydHk=?=

Is clean install allowed with Upgrade?
I have XP running today, and want to upgrade to Vista.

Question:

1. Does the upgrade version allow me to wipe out XP, and do a clean install
of Vista? or does it really truly just replace files?

2. If I purchase the upgrade disc, can I run both XP, and Vista on the same
machine as "Dual Boot"? I would like to have XP to fall back on until I am
comfortable with Vista
Henry Jones

Re: Is clean install allowed with Upgrade?
Have you tried a serach of this newsgroup yet? I found over 500 messages
with the word Upgrade in it.

"Marty" <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have XP running today, and want to upgrade to Vista.
>
> Question:
>
> 1. Does the upgrade version allow me to wipe out XP, and do a clean
> install
> of Vista? or does it really truly just replace files?
>
> 2. If I purchase the upgrade disc, can I run both XP, and Vista on the
> same
> machine as "Dual Boot"? I would like to have XP to fall back on until I am
> comfortable with Vista

=?Utf-8?B?TWFydHk=?=

"Henry Jones" wrote:

> Have you tried a serach of this newsgroup yet? I found over 500 messages
> with the word Upgrade in it.
>

> "Marty" <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have XP running today, and want to upgrade to Vista.
> >
> > Question:
> >
> > 1. Does the upgrade version allow me to wipe out XP, and do a clean
> > install
> > of Vista? or does it really truly just replace files?
> >
> > 2. If I purchase the upgrade disc, can I run both XP, and Vista on the
> > same
> > machine as "Dual Boot"? I would like to have XP to fall back on until I am
> > comfortable with Vista

=?Utf-8?B?TWFydHk=?=

Re: Is clean install allowed with Upgrade?
Yes I have, thank your for wasting my time.

I want factual answers. Everything I have waded through is speculation. I
want supported facts. 475 out 500 posts is people "guessing".

I can't beleive that MS does not have this in a FAQ.

"Henry Jones" wrote:

> Have you tried a serach of this newsgroup yet? I found over 500 messages
> with the word Upgrade in it.
>

> "Marty" <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have XP running today, and want to upgrade to Vista.
> >
> > Question:
> >
> > 1. Does the upgrade version allow me to wipe out XP, and do a clean
> > install
> > of Vista? or does it really truly just replace files?
> >
> > 2. If I purchase the upgrade disc, can I run both XP, and Vista on the
> > same
> > machine as "Dual Boot"? I would like to have XP to fall back on until I am
> > comfortable with Vista

Henry Jones

Re: Is clean install allowed with Upgrade?
What was your response? Did you do a search?

> "Henry Jones" wrote:
>
>> Have you tried a serach of this newsgroup yet? I found over 500 messages
>> with the word Upgrade in it.
>>

>> "Marty" <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have XP running today, and want to upgrade to Vista.
>> >
>> > Question:
>> >
>> > 1. Does the upgrade version allow me to wipe out XP, and do a clean
>> > install
>> > of Vista? or does it really truly just replace files?
>> >
>> > 2. If I purchase the upgrade disc, can I run both XP, and Vista on the
>> > same
>> > machine as "Dual Boot"? I would like to have XP to fall back on until I
>> > am
>> > comfortable with Vista

Henry Jones

Re: Is clean install allowed with Upgrade?
Microsoft does have a FAQ regarding this but you haven't done a search, have
you?

That is my point, hundreds of people ask the same questions over and over
and over,, etc...... but don't take the time to search for themselves.

A lot of people "waste" their time answering the same questions over and
over and over and over,, etc.....

> Yes I have, thank your for wasting my time.
>
> I want factual answers. Everything I have waded through is speculation. I
> want supported facts. 475 out 500 posts is people "guessing".
>
> I can't beleive that MS does not have this in a FAQ.
>
> "Henry Jones" wrote:
>
>> Have you tried a serach of this newsgroup yet? I found over 500 messages
>> with the word Upgrade in it.
>>

>> "Marty" <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have XP running today, and want to upgrade to Vista.
>> >
>> > Question:
>> >
>> > 1. Does the upgrade version allow me to wipe out XP, and do a clean
>> > install
>> > of Vista? or does it really truly just replace files?
>> >
>> > 2. If I purchase the upgrade disc, can I run both XP, and Vista on the
>> > same
>> > machine as "Dual Boot"? I would like to have XP to fall back on until I
>> > am
>> > comfortable with Vista

Henry Jones

Re: Is clean install allowed with Upgrade?
If 475+ people are guessing, how do you know which ones are guessing and
which posts are factual? If you know this, then you shouldn't have asked
the question in the first place, you should have gone directly to Microsoft,
since you have advanced knowledge of what people know and can tell truth
from fiction.

Wow, can you buy a lottery ticket?

"Marty" <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes I have, thank your for wasting my time.
>
> I want factual answers. Everything I have waded through is speculation. I
> want supported facts. 475 out 500 posts is people "guessing".
>
> I can't beleive that MS does not have this in a FAQ.
>
> "Henry Jones" wrote:
>
>> Have you tried a serach of this newsgroup yet? I found over 500 messages
>> with the word Upgrade in it.
>>

>> "Marty" <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have XP running today, and want to upgrade to Vista.
>> >
>> > Question:
>> >
>> > 1. Does the upgrade version allow me to wipe out XP, and do a clean
>> > install
>> > of Vista? or does it really truly just replace files?
>> >
>> > 2. If I purchase the upgrade disc, can I run both XP, and Vista on the
>> > same
>> > machine as "Dual Boot"? I would like to have XP to fall back on until I
>> > am
>> > comfortable with Vista

=?Utf-8?B?TWFydHk=?=

Re: Is clean install allowed with Upgrade?
I did do a search you jerk. If YOU read my post, I said I searched and all
the answers seem to be from USERS who are just "GUESSING".

If you know the answer why don't you reply with it? Even if it is a link.
If they do have a FAQ answering this it sure isn't simple to find. Most
people do not have time to wade through a bunch of crap to look for answers
that should be obvious to MS to answer. This site loads slow, the Newsgroups
SUCK. They should be using a mainstream forum application such as phpBB,
WowBB, Invision. They load quicker. Spent hours in here trying to read posts
waiting for their dumb server to respond.

You can't even seem to call them to ask them "Pre-sales" questions. I don't
have time to watch stupid MS artwork load up on my screen to get an answer.

"Henry Jones" wrote:

> Microsoft does have a FAQ regarding this but you haven't done a search, have
> you?
>
> That is my point, hundreds of people ask the same questions over and over
> and over,, etc...... but don't take the time to search for themselves.
>
> A lot of people "waste" their time answering the same questions over and
> over and over and over,, etc.....
>

> "Marty" <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes I have, thank your for wasting my time.
> >
> > I want factual answers. Everything I have waded through is speculation. I
> > want supported facts. 475 out 500 posts is people "guessing".
> >
> > I can't beleive that MS does not have this in a FAQ.
> >
> > "Henry Jones" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you tried a serach of this newsgroup yet? I found over 500 messages
> >> with the word Upgrade in it.

Henry Jones

Re: Is clean install allowed with Upgrade?
Well, DUH, how do you know they are just "GUESSING" you PUTZ?

You didn't say in your oginal post that you did a search. Only since I
mentioned it, now you say you did a search. That would have been better to
let people know you at least tried to find the answer. Oh never mind.
Hopefully someone will reply and maybe it will be a GUESS!!!

"Marty" <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news5265F9B-B27E-4B25-AC13-0358D958B2CD@microsoft.com...
>I did do a search you jerk. If YOU read my post, I said I searched and all
> the answers seem to be from USERS who are just "GUESSING".
>
> If you know the answer why don't you reply with it? Even if it is a link.
> If they do have a FAQ answering this it sure isn't simple to find. Most
> people do not have time to wade through a bunch of crap to look for
> answers
> that should be obvious to MS to answer. This site loads slow, the
> Newsgroups
> SUCK. They should be using a mainstream forum application such as phpBB,
> WowBB, Invision. They load quicker. Spent hours in here trying to read
> posts
> waiting for their dumb server to respond.
>
> You can't even seem to call them to ask them "Pre-sales" questions. I
> don't
> have time to watch stupid MS artwork load up on my screen to get an
> answer.
>
> "Henry Jones" wrote:
>
>> Microsoft does have a FAQ regarding this but you haven't done a search,
>> have
>> you?
>>
>> That is my point, hundreds of people ask the same questions over and over
>> and over,, etc...... but don't take the time to search for themselves.
>>
>> A lot of people "waste" their time answering the same questions over and
>> over and over and over,, etc.....
>>

>> "Marty" <Marty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes I have, thank your for wasting my time.
>> >
>> > I want factual answers. Everything I have waded through is speculation.
>> > want supported facts. 475 out 500 posts is people "guessing".
>> >
>> > I can't beleive that MS does not have this in a FAQ.

=?Utf-8?B?TWFydHk=?=

Re: Is clean install allowed with Upgrade?
I want a post that provides documentation. By starting my own thread I get
emails when there is replies, not 500 emails from threads of "Opinions" from
various idiots.

I don't have time to sit in front of my computer and wade through comments
from idiots like you who have nothing better to do than feel obligated to
"Police" the internet.

I am sorry for posting a question on YOUR internet "Internet Cop" AKA
"Officer Moron"