Do the upgrade versions BOOT?

John

Do the upgrade versions BOOT?
Do the upgrade versions of HOME boot from the DVDs? Or can you ONLY do
upgrades to PCs with OS on there already?

Dave B.

Re: Do the upgrade versions BOOT?
This question is answered many, many, many times a day, try searching the
groups or reading a bit.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com
"John" <no@email.com> wrote in message
> Do the upgrade versions of HOME boot from the DVDs? Or can you ONLY do
> upgrades to PCs with OS on there already?

John

Re: Do the upgrade versions BOOT?
Funny, in the time it took you to write that, you could have made it another
"many" and just answered.

Thanks DAVE!!

"Dave B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
> This question is answered many, many, many times a day, try searching the
> groups or reading a bit.
>
> --
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.db-pc.com
> "John" <no@email.com> wrote in message
>> Do the upgrade versions of HOME boot from the DVDs? Or can you ONLY do
>> upgrades to PCs with OS on there already?

Dave B.

Re: Do the upgrade versions BOOT?
As usual, the point is missed completely.

--
----
> Funny, in the time it took you to write that, you could have made it
> another "many" and just answered.
>
> Thanks DAVE!!
>
> "Dave B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
>> This question is answered many, many, many times a day, try searching the
>> groups or reading a bit.
>>
>> --
>> ----
>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>> http://www.db-pc.com
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> "John" <no@email.com> wrote in message
>>> Do the upgrade versions of HOME boot from the DVDs? Or can you ONLY do
>>> upgrades to PCs with OS on there already?

smartie

Re: Do the upgrade versions BOOT?
Yes, but NO INSTALL option.
only recovery and repair.Setup.exe needs activated XP.

"Dave B." <mail@nomail.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> This question is answered many, many, many times a day, try searching the
> groups or reading a bit.
>
> --
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.db-pc.com
> "John" <no@email.com> wrote in message
>> Do the upgrade versions of HOME boot from the DVDs? Or can you ONLY do
>> upgrades to PCs with OS on there already?

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Do the upgrade versions BOOT?
All x86 and x64 Vista retail dvd's are the same. They all boot. There is
no upgrade edition dvd. The edition is not in the media, it is in the
product key.

"John" <no@email.com> wrote in message
> Do the upgrade versions of HOME boot from the DVDs? Or can you ONLY do
> upgrades to PCs with OS on there already?

=?Utf-8?B?dHVyYm90b2Vz?=

Re: Do the upgrade versions BOOT?
Okay, now I am confused. It has been said many times that the upgrade is not
bootable. If Colin is right and as you can install without putting in a key
straight away would this not mean you can indeed do a proper clean install
with out xp preinstalled?

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> All x86 and x64 Vista retail dvd's are the same. They all boot. There is
> no upgrade edition dvd. The edition is not in the media, it is in the
> product key.
>
> "John" <no@email.com> wrote in message
> > Do the upgrade versions of HOME boot from the DVDs? Or can you ONLY do
> > upgrades to PCs with OS on there already?

Dave B.

Re: Do the upgrade versions BOOT?
The upgrade is bootable. Yes you can, see
http://www.dailytech.com:80/article.aspx?newsid=5932

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com
"turbotoes" <turbotoes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Okay, now I am confused. It has been said many times that the upgrade is
> not
> bootable. If Colin is right and as you can install without putting in a
> key
> straight away would this not mean you can indeed do a proper clean install
> with out xp preinstalled?
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> All x86 and x64 Vista retail dvd's are the same. They all boot. There
>> is
>> no upgrade edition dvd. The edition is not in the media, it is in the
>> product key.
>>
>> "John" <no@email.com> wrote in message
>> > Do the upgrade versions of HOME boot from the DVDs? Or can you ONLY do
>> > upgrades to PCs with OS on there already?

AJR

Re: Do the upgrade versions BOOT?
Not only is the upgrade bootable but it can be used for a clean install
without having XP currently installed. Check for posts in this newsgroup and
the Vista installation group for info on the procedure.

> The upgrade is bootable. Yes you can, see
> http://www.dailytech.com:80/article.aspx?newsid=5932
>
> --
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.db-pc.com
> "turbotoes" <turbotoes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Okay, now I am confused. It has been said many times that the upgrade is
>> not
>> bootable. If Colin is right and as you can install without putting in a
>> key
>> straight away would this not mean you can indeed do a proper clean
>> install
>> with out xp preinstalled?
>>

>> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>>
>>> All x86 and x64 Vista retail dvd's are the same. They all boot. There
>>> is
>>> no upgrade edition dvd. The edition is not in the media, it is in the
>>> product key.

Dave B.

Re: Do the upgrade versions BOOT?
That would be what the link in my post was for.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com