upgrade from beta

=?Utf-8?B?cHdqOTIy?=

upgrade from beta
i am using the vista beta can i buy the windows vista home premium upgrade
and just use that or do i need to reinstall windows xp to get the upgrade to
work
Jane C

Re: upgrade from beta
You would need to reinstall XP in order to use an Upgrade Edition of Vista.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
"pwj922" <pwj922@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am using the vista beta can i buy the windows vista home premium upgrade
> and just use that or do i need to reinstall windows xp to get the upgrade
> work

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: upgrade from beta
What version is your Beta?
If you have Beta Ultimate like most, you can not downgrade to Home Premium.
Also, the Beta is not a qualifying product for an upgrade.
Without a qualifying OS, you will need the full version and not an upgrade.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"pwj922" <pwj922@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am using the vista beta can i buy the windows vista home premium upgrade
> and just use that or do i need to reinstall windows xp to get the upgrade
> work

=?Utf-8?B?Q293dG93bg==?=

Re: upgrade from beta
I'm using a Dell Laptop, originally XP Pro OEM, on which I installed RC1,
RC2, etc. Do I really have to reinstall XP, or will the upgrade editions
(Ultimate) accept my XP OEM CD as a qualifier? It doesn't seem that you
should lose your upgrade privelege just because you installed Beta versions...

"Jane C" wrote:

> You would need to reinstall XP in order to use an Upgrade Edition of Vista.
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
> "pwj922" <pwj922@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i am using the vista beta can i buy the windows vista home premium upgrade
> > and just use that or do i need to reinstall windows xp to get the upgrade
> > work

=?Utf-8?B?amltX2Zyb21faWw=?=

Re: upgrade from beta
My God - has MS got an unexpected nightmare on its hands. All I've read is
post after post about which version to get: full, upgrade, this or that. I
have a successful XP - Vista RC1 dual boot, and quite frankly, after all this
confusion, don't know which version to get. Check out Ebay. The OEM version
is all over the place at a savings. Or, what I was hoping, is to buy the
retail upgrade version, format my old Vista RC-1 partion, and boot up to XP,
and do a custom install of Vista. From there, you should be able to install
Vista on your newly formatted Vista partition - just like in the past.
That's my intentions. Will this work?