New HP Compaq nc8430 unable to install Vista

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmNpc2Nv?=

New HP Compaq nc8430 unable to install Vista
I have just bought a new HP Compaq nc8430 because there was a note "Windows
Vista capable" stuck to it. I have not been able to install neither Ultimate
RC1 edition, nor Business final edition nor Enterprise final edition, neither
using clean installation nor upgrade from XP. It starts the installation and
at the very last reboot i appears the blue screen with white words or
"unable to finish the installation" message. I have spoken to HP and they say
that it is Microsoft fault, because they have not issued the drivers yet. If
anyone from Microsoft is reading this, please tell me when will those drivers
be ready or if, anyone knows the fix, please tell me.
I must use the laptop for my Vista classes.
mikeyhsd

Re: New HP Compaq nc8430 unable to install Vista
why do you not get drivers from HP.
microsoft is not in the business of creating SPECIAL drivers for hardware.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"Francisco" <Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F88AB01B-4BFE-42B5-8C5B-5806F8EFABDA@microsoft.com...
I have just bought a new HP Compaq nc8430 because there was a note "Windows
Vista capable" stuck to it. I have not been able to install neither Ultimate
RC1 edition, nor Business final edition nor Enterprise final edition, neither
using clean installation nor upgrade from XP. It starts the installation and
at the very last reboot i appears the blue screen with white words or
"unable to finish the installation" message. I have spoken to HP and they say
that it is Microsoft fault, because they have not issued the drivers yet. If
anyone from Microsoft is reading this, please tell me when will those drivers
be ready or if, anyone knows the fix, please tell me.
I must use the laptop for my Vista classes.
JW

Re: New HP Compaq nc8430 unable to install Vista
Try asking HP for a VISTA HP Driver DVD.
I know there is one since when I ordered my Free Vista upgrade for my recently purchased HP Laptop the shiping list for my upgrade includes a 32 bit Vista Premium DVD and a HP VISTA Driver DVD.
Apparently with the thousands of drivers being submitted to MS in the last month MS has not yet had a chance to qualify all of them so they are not available yet at installation of the RTM version.
"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com> wrote in message news:uKos9n9QHHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
[...]

AJR

Re: New HP Compaq nc8430 unable to install Vista
The "Vista capable" label probably refers to Vista Premium. However to go
on - In November I bought a HP laptop with the label attached but was unable
to install Vista.
At the time I called HP and a very "nice" tech by name of Susan apologized
and told mw hat HP tech support at not yet received any training regarding
Vista.
So - back to checking driver support on HP site and also Intel for the Intel
chipset installed on the laptop. The laptop came with an Intel Duo-core
processor on the HP site was a note that the laptop did not ship with BIOS
Duo-Core support but an upgrade was now available - which I downloaded and
verified that the chipset was up-to-date.

End result - used HP utility to "undo" the recovery partition - used
Partition Magic to create a 20 gig partition- Vista Ultimate installed no
problems - laptop dual boots with XP.

"Francisco" <Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just bought a new HP Compaq nc8430 because there was a note "Windows
> Vista capable" stuck to it. I have not been able to install neither
> Ultimate
> RC1 edition, nor Business final edition nor Enterprise final edition,
> neither
> using clean installation nor upgrade from XP. It starts the installation
> and
> at the very last reboot i appears the blue screen with white words or
> "unable to finish the installation" message. I have spoken to HP and they
> say
> that it is Microsoft fault, because they have not issued the drivers yet.
> If
> anyone from Microsoft is reading this, please tell me when will those
> drivers
> be ready or if, anyone knows the fix, please tell me.
> I must use the laptop for my Vista classes.

JW

Re: New HP Compaq nc8430 unable to install Vista
The Vista capable label only refers to the hardware in the system it does
not mean that all of the software required to use the included hardware is
included in the package.

"AJR" <ajrjdr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> The "Vista capable" label probably refers to Vista Premium. However to go
> on - In November I bought a HP laptop with the label attached but was
> unable to install Vista.
> At the time I called HP and a very "nice" tech by name of Susan apologized
> and told mw hat HP tech support at not yet received any training regarding
> Vista.
> So - back to checking driver support on HP site and also Intel for the
> Intel chipset installed on the laptop. The laptop came with an Intel
> Duo-core processor on the HP site was a note that the laptop did not ship
> with BIOS Duo-Core support but an upgrade was now available - which I
> downloaded and verified that the chipset was up-to-date.
>
> End result - used HP utility to "undo" the recovery partition - used
> Partition Magic to create a 20 gig partition- Vista Ultimate installed no
> problems - laptop dual boots with XP.
>
> "Francisco" <Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have just bought a new HP Compaq nc8430 because there was a note
>>"Windows
>> Vista capable" stuck to it. I have not been able to install neither
>> Ultimate
>> RC1 edition, nor Business final edition nor Enterprise final edition,
>> neither
>> using clean installation nor upgrade from XP. It starts the installation
>> and
>> at the very last reboot i appears the blue screen with white words or
>> "unable to finish the installation" message. I have spoken to HP and they
>> say
>> that it is Microsoft fault, because they have not issued the drivers yet.
>> If
>> anyone from Microsoft is reading this, please tell me when will those
>> drivers
>> be ready or if, anyone knows the fix, please tell me.
>> I must use the laptop for my Vista classes.

mikeyhsd

Re: New HP Compaq nc8430 unable to install Vista
I did try asking. got a SNOTTY response, and sold the HP printer and bought a different brand.
wrote and told them so.
anyone asks me for a printer recommendation, hp and lexmark never get a breath.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message news:eQeMxh%23QHHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
[...]

Hugh Wyn Griffith

Re: New HP Compaq nc8430 unable to install Vista
In article <F88AB01B-4BFE-42B5-8C5B-5806F8EFABDA@microsoft.com>, Francisco
wrote:
> I have just bought a new HP Compaq nc8430 because there was a note "Windows*
> Vista capable" stuck to it

I bet they didn't show you the small print -- here from the website using a
link to a popup:

http://www.shopping.hp.com/shopping/...win_vista.html

<< ...... Windows Vista will be available in editions ranging from Windows
Vista Home Basic for entry-level home users to Windows Vista Home Premium or
Windows Vista Business, for those needing more robust features and
functionality*.

*Not all Windows Vista features are available for use on all Windows Vista
Capable PCs. All Windows Vista Capable PCs will run the core experiences of
Windows Vista, such as innovations in organizing and finding information,
security, and reliability. Some features available in premium editions of
Windows Vista—like the new Windows Aero user interface—require advanced or
additional hardware. Check www.windowsvista.com/getready for details. >>>

Hugh Wyn Griffith

In article <utwse##QHHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, Ajr wrote:
> The "Vista capable" label probably refers to Vista Premium.

Or worse .....

See the HP website quoted to Francisco.