Want to remove my networking and go back to straight DSL connectio

sallygoodin

Want to remove my networking and go back to straight DSL connectio

I need to start from the beginning. We use to have my old XP computer and my
sons in the other room connected with our DSL and they both ran independently
just by running the ethernet cable to his computer from the main as the main
used the USB cable. Thats all we had to do and both ran independenty.

My computer crashed so I went out and bought a vista comptuter. Then found
out how to recover my old comp (sons was now out of house)

I recovered it and hooked the ethernet cable up to it.........and the usb
went to my vista machine. we have DSL gateway

all worked fine. I could use both computers independently. Then I think I
messed around with my Vista internet connection and somehow it is now a
network
I dont want that. I rebooted the old machine to change the name but alas it
still shows up on the vista the new name. so I am pretty sure I have chosed
a network connection on vista so it wont let the ethernet go straight to the
other comp.l
I mean it worked find before and worked the first day until I started
messing with vista internet networking

I dont want a network. between the computers. As I said it worked fine and I
am pretty sure it screwed up when I chose a network between comps on vista.
I dont know how to go back to the old original waY.

The other comp just renames itself on my vista. to whatever I renamed it to .

How can I go from networking on my vista connection to DSL to just straight
to DSL so that the computers dont think I am networking when I turn them
both on as it wont work this way. says I am connected but wont go anywhere
on the old comp. my vista is working fine.

I hope I havent confused all of you. I am confused.
I dont want to network the two comps together. before it ran independantly
and was fine.

my DSL provider wont help me with networking issues ie not even how to get
it off vista connection. they said to call Compaq and they wont help me with
connections issues. said they can connect me with an expert for $75.00 for
45 minutes.

I just bought this machine and cant afford to pay for help.
any and all help is very much appreciated!!
Thanks!!

Straight Whist 1.7 Gamer Games Feed 0 06-22-2007 00:43
Networking / DSL / Internet Problems. Please Help! =\(8\) microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 06-06-2007 23:21
Networking / DSL / Internet Problems. Please Help! =\(8\) microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 2 06-06-2007 23:21
Court to review Internet straight or gay query Steve General Technology News 0 05-15-2007 23:23
let me get this straight =?Utf-8?B?VG9LRQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 5 03-06-2007 02:10