Invalid Drive H:

=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbk0=?=

Invalid Drive H:
I am using Vista Business, as provided in TechNet Plus.

Whenever I try to install or uninstall many software packages (include the
monthly TechNet update!), I get an error that says "Invalid Drive H:" and the
(un)install routine fails.

We do use an H: drive at work, and I get this error even when connected to
the network and have full access to the H: drive.

Does anyone know what might be going on here?

Sean

JW

Re: Invalid Drive H:
Is your drive a local or an Network drive? If it is a network drive do you
know that you have access to it before your try and install anything to it?
"SeanM" <SeanM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Vista Business, as provided in TechNet Plus.
>
> Whenever I try to install or uninstall many software packages (include the
> monthly TechNet update!), I get an error that says "Invalid Drive H:" and
> the
> (un)install routine fails.
>
> We do use an H: drive at work, and I get this error even when connected to
> the network and have full access to the H: drive.
>
> Does anyone know what might be going on here?
>
> Sean

=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbk0=?=

Re: Invalid Drive H:
H: drive is what we use as our "home drive" at work. All users have full
access to their H: drives. I'm also the Enterprise Admin, so I've got Full
Access rights to everyone's H: drive anyway, not just my own. :-)

I've verified that I have Full Access to the H: drive before starting an
(un)installation routine that ends up failing. It has happened with TechNet,
as well as with two or three other apps that I have tried to install or
uninstall.

Windows is on my C: drive, though. I only have H: drive set up for personal
file storage on the network.

Now, I do have My Docs redirected to the H: drive, synchronized and set for
offline use. But I don't see where that would be causing a problem, since I
can fully access H: drive when I'm in the office.

Sean

"JW" wrote:

> Is your drive a local or an Network drive? If it is a network drive do you
> know that you have access to it before your try and install anything to it?
> "SeanM" <SeanM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using Vista Business, as provided in TechNet Plus.
> >
> > Whenever I try to install or uninstall many software packages (include the
> > monthly TechNet update!), I get an error that says "Invalid Drive H:" and
> > the
> > (un)install routine fails.
> >
> > We do use an H: drive at work, and I get this error even when connected to
> > the network and have full access to the H: drive.
> >
> > Does anyone know what might be going on here?
> >
> > Sean

craig.a.johnston@gmail.com

Re: Invalid Drive H:
Have exactly the same issue when installing Nero 7. Gives me an
'Invalid Drive O:" error. Where O: drive is a redirected Home Drive set
in the Active Directory user profile.
Have no issues writing to my own folder normally. We do have file type
restrictions (audio/video), could this be the problem?

molomosh@gmail.com

Re: Invalid Drive H:
Having the same problem, has anyone figured out a fix?

Adam Albright

Re: Invalid Drive H:
On 23 Mar 2007 10:10:24 -0700, molomosh@gmail.com wrote:

>Having the same problem, has anyone figured out a fix?

Hard for anyone to help if you snip the portion of the post that
describes the problem. Hint: not everyone reads every post, in fact
most people don't, so a lot of people won't have a clue what you're
talking about.

misplacedamerican

Re: Invalid Drive H:

Hello,

Isn't fair to steal someone's thunder but found the solution...

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-genera...-software.html

So here's how you solve it:
1. Disconnect the previously mapped network drive from Windows
Explorer.
2. Right click on Command Prompt in the Start Menu and select Run As
Administrator.
3. Type "Net Use s: \\servername\sharename"
4. Exit out of the command prompt
5. Open Windows Explorer
6. Click 'Map network drive' menu item
7. Select the s: drive and typed \\servername\sharename into the Folder
box.

Worked a charm and makes sense in a twisted way...

Hope it helps you as well,

Buddy

--
misplacedamerican
misplacedamerican's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/m...edamerican.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

chell

Re: Invalid Drive H:

any chance some one can tell me how to fix the problem in plain english.
please

--
chell
chell's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/169953.htm