Error when trying to turn on Windows feature in Vista Business 64-

Jesper Dannemann

Error when trying to turn on Windows feature in Vista Business 64-
Hello

When I try to turn on or off a Windows feature, I keep getting the error
message: "An error has occurred. Not all of the
features were successfully changed."

Please help.

Regards
Jesper

Michael Solomon

Re: Error when trying to turn on Windows feature in Vista Business 64-

"Jesper Dannemann" <Jesper Dannemann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1772FB9D-25DB-44FC-9E05-AFB6F26F8808@microsoft.com...
> Hello
>
> When I try to turn on or off a Windows feature, I keep getting the error
> message: "An error has occurred. Not all of the
> features were successfully changed."
>
> Please help.
>
> Regards
> Jesper

This is often a problem with drivers or some conflict with installed
software. Have you made sure all your drivers are fully Vista 64
compatible, do any of the drivers only support basic functions for the
specific device? Also, make sure all such drivers are the latest available
as later drivers might correct issues related to previous drivers. If
software related, sometimes all you can do is uninstall items one by one,
checking after each removal to see if you can then implement the feature.
First, check to make sure your applications are all Vista 64 compatible
and/or if there are updates available for those apps as the updates might
correct the issue.

Also, you might check the Event Viewer to see if anything is referenced,
assuming an error was generated in the log, that might point to some
hardware or software. NOTE: if it says Explorer.exe, it's pretty much
telling you that something on your system is not compatible and is crashing
Explorer, it's just not telling what is misbehaving. Control
Panel\Administrative Tools\Event Viewer.

--
Michael Solomon
Backup is a PC user's best friend

Jesper Dannemann

Re: Error when trying to turn on Windows feature in Vista Business
Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the event viewer, but it has around 150 entries related to
the attempt to uninstall Windows features.

I have installed the .NET framework 1.1 - maybe this is the reason for the
conflict?

Have you any idea how I can find info about which application/driver causes
the problem?

Regards
Jesper

message news:F635941F-F62F-490E-A2D5-58DAF9C3182D@microsoft.com...
> Hi Michael
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I have checked the event viewer, but it has around 150 entries related to
> the attempt to uninstall Windows features.
>
> I have installed the .NET framework 1.1 - maybe this is the reason for the
> conflict?
>
> Have you any idea how I can find info about which application/driver
> causes
> the problem?
>
> Regards
> Jesper

I'd start with .NET Framework 1.1, uninstall it, reboot and see if that
resolves the issue. If not, if you installed it recently, try using System
Restore to take your system back to a time prior to when you installed it
or, better yet, if you have a restore point prior to when this issue began,
try that restore point; Start Menu\All Programs\Accessories\System
Tools\System Restore. While this is meant to only restore the registry and
system settings to a specific point in time, as a precaution, be sure your
data is well backed up before performing this function.

--
Michael Solomon
Backup is a PC user's best friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

Jesper Dannemann

Re: Error when trying to turn on Windows feature in Vista Business
Thanks Michael

Unfortunately I have no relevant restoration points.

I guess I will just have to wait until Micro$oft comes up with a patch that
fixes the bug

Regards
Jesper