RE: system clock and time zones during setup

nun-y

RE: system clock and time zones during setup
I know this is a really *really* old post, but I am having a similar issue with a Vista unattended install.

My environment ...

-- Windows Server 2003 R2 all patched ... blah blah blah;
-- Windows Deployment Services and WAIK ... blah blah blah;
-- Imported the boot and install WIM files for Vista/Longhorn and configured WDS with an .XML file so it is completely silent;
-- PXE boot my client ... blah blah blah.

Here is the problem ...

I have the Time Zone set in the XML file for Eastern Standard Time, and it does, in fact, configure the system for EST. Unfortunately, it also changes the system clock ahead 3 hours each and everytime the install runs. I have to keep resetting the clock after each install. Now, I could put Pacific Standard Time in there and "trick" it, but then I would have to do configure the Time Zone post-install. I have 2000+ clients to deploy, so I really do not want to do that.

Like the previous poster, I have been doing Windows unattended installs for awhile and have never experienced this problem with previous versions of Windows.

Anyone else have this problem?

Matthew_Baranowski

nun-y;148775 Wrote:
> I know this is a really *really* old post, but I am having a similar
> issue with a Vista unattended install.
>
> My environment ...
>
> -- Windows Server 2003 R2 all patched ... blah blah blah;
> -- Windows Deployment Services and WAIK ... blah blah blah;
> -- Imported the boot and install WIM files for Vista/Longhorn and
> configured WDS with an .XML file so it is completely silent;
> -- PXE boot my client ... blah blah blah.
>
> Here is the problem ...
>
> I have the Time Zone set in the XML file for Eastern Standard Time, and
> it does, in fact, configure the system for EST. Unfortunately, it also
> changes the system clock ahead 3 hours each and everytime the install
> runs. I have to keep resetting the clock after each install. Now, I
> could put Pacific Standard Time in there and "trick" it, but then I
> would have to do configure the Time Zone post-install. I have 2000+
> clients to deploy, so I really do not want to do that.
>
> Like the previous poster, I have been doing Windows unattended installs
> for awhile and have never experienced this problem with previous
> versions of Windows.
>
> Anyone else have this problem?

Not sure what this problem may be related too. I was wondering if you
had found an answer to this question. I have not found very much on the
internet about this problem, so I am assuming that this might be
something that I am doing wrong. I have "Eastern Standard Time"
Configured in my AutoUnattend.xml file.

--
Matthew_Baranowski