iaStorV event 9 problem

Stan Kay

iaStorV event 9 problem
I am trying to install Windows Vista Ultimate (build 6000) on my PC but when
it completes the system it then produces numerous "not responding" messages
and is almost unusable. After a tedious amount of time waiting for the
system to allow me to do something, I have established the following:-

1. The iaStorV issue relates to the Intel 82801HR/HH/HO SATA Raid
controller built into my ASUS P5B Deluxe motherboard.
2. iaStorV.sys is a driver loaded by Vista for this raid controller
3. I am using 3 Seagate Barracuda 500 Gb hard drives in RAID 5 and there is
an issue with the RAID controller that causes the problem.

I have tried to report this matter to ASUS technical support but their
system refuises to accept my report on the grounds that I have given them an
invalid email address - there is nothing wrong with my email address!

Can anyone please offer any assistance?

Norbert Wenkel

Re: iaStorV event 9 problem
Stan Kay schrieb:
> I am trying to install Windows Vista Ultimate (build 6000) on my PC but when
> it completes the system it then produces numerous "not responding" messages
> and is almost unusable. After a tedious amount of time waiting for the
> system to allow me to do something, I have established the following:-
>
> 1. The iaStorV issue relates to the Intel 82801HR/HH/HO SATA Raid
> controller built into my ASUS P5B Deluxe motherboard.
> 2. iaStorV.sys is a driver loaded by Vista for this raid controller
> 3. I am using 3 Seagate Barracuda 500 Gb hard drives in RAID 5 and there is
> an issue with the RAID controller that causes the problem.
>
> I have tried to report this matter to ASUS technical support but their
> system refuises to accept my report on the grounds that I have given them an
> invalid email address - there is nothing wrong with my email address!
>
> Can anyone please offer any assistance?

Stan,

it seems that you are not alone.
I?m using the p5wdh board and have attached 2 sata disks using the ahci
mode (xp and vista disks) and see depending on what ever iastors errors
when booting from the vista disc.
I have minimate this errors by using the NEWEST matrix manager in
combination with the NEWEST intel driver AND maybe i?m not right but i
see no errors when the computer was totaly powerless before booting from
the vista disc. Meaning the powerswitch was off at the power supply.
Maybe there is a point with the nvram attached to the board or it
depends whether we have full moon or halfmoon .
Lets see what happends in future.

Norbert
Stan Kay

Re: iaStorV event 9 problem
After great deliberation I have managed to copy the contents of the Event ID
9 from the Event Viewer and provide this detail below:-

Log Name: System
Source: iaStorV
Date: 22/01/2007 17:22:54
Event ID: 9
Task Category: None
Level: Error
The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="iaStorV" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49156">9</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<EventRecordID>1914</EventRecordID>
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Study</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>\Device\Ide\iaStor0</Data>
<Binary>0F0005000100000000000000090004C00100000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

The whole PC is running very, very, very slowly as a result of repeated
"Not responding" messages coming from anything I open and the Event viewer
shows hundreds of EventID 9. Clearly there is a conflict between iaStorV.sys
and my new hardware but no one, not even ASUS, Intel or Microsoft make any
reference to this error on their various web sites.

Can anyone please offer any help?