Vista Freeze-Up Problem Query???

tc

Vista Freeze-Up Problem Query???
I have bought a refurbished Gateway GT5426E with Vista Home Premium
Operating System from TigerDirect.com. The first model was clearly
defective and I returned it and promptly received a new model.
However, this new model started with similar problems - the "Blue
Screen of Death." It has gotten past that problem but has frozen up
twice in two days.

I thought Vista was supposed to be more stable than XP. Are such
freeze-ups common with Vista or does this indicate a PC defect? I can
return this PC for 2 weeks. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Please reply to: tc1000@verizon.net. Thanks.

Tony
Bruce Chambers

Re: Vista Freeze-Up Problem Query???
tc wrote:
> I have bought a refurbished Gateway GT5426E with Vista Home Premium
> Operating System from TigerDirect.com. The first model was clearly
> defective and I returned it and promptly received a new model.
> However, this new model started with similar problems - the "Blue
> Screen of Death." It has gotten past that problem but has frozen up
> twice in two days.
>
> I thought Vista was supposed to be more stable than XP. Are such
> freeze-ups common with Vista or does this indicate a PC defect? I can
> return this PC for 2 weeks. Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.

This has nothing to do with Vista; you're buying second-hand goods of
clearly questionable quality. "Refurbished" means that the computers
were defective, returned, and purportedly repaired. The first one you
purchased was still defective. Why are you surprised that the second
one is also still defective? Return it and buy a new machine from a
reputable vendor.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Vista Freeze-Up Problem Query???
Tony;
If you are getting blue screens and you have made no changes, hardware
or software, there is something wrong with the computer and/or Windows
Vista installation.
You could use the provided media and perform a Clean Installation to
help determine if the problem hardware or software related.

Otherwise return the computer.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar