Major Error in Vista Media Center

Ted F

Major Error in Vista Media Center
I get this message at boot up and I can't go into Vista MCE : "windows media
center receiver service stopped working and was closed"

What is doing this? How can I fix this?

Help Please...

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Major Error in Vista Media Center
Hello,

try restarting the service by pressing Windows-key + R -> services.msc. Look
for the Windows Media Center Receiver Service, double-click it, and click
Start.

Hope this helps.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language

"Ted F" <no@spam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I get this message at boot up and I can't go into Vista MCE : "windows
>media center receiver service stopped working and was closed"
>
> What is doing this? How can I fix this?
>
> Help Please...

Ted F

Re: Major Error in Vista Media Center
I got it solved. After I requested for the hotfix, MS sent me the hotfix
download hours later. Applied the hotfix and the error went away.

"P. Di Stolfo" <paolodistolfo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news8131546-491F-40EE-9794-D846FAED99DC@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> try restarting the service by pressing Windows-key + R -> services.msc.
> Look for the Windows Media Center Receiver Service, double-click it, and
> click Start.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Ted F" <no@spam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>I get this message at boot up and I can't go into Vista MCE : "windows
>>media center receiver service stopped working and was closed"
>>
>> What is doing this? How can I fix this?
>>
>> Help Please...

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Major Error in Vista Media Center
Great you got it solved.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>I got it solved. After I requested for the hotfix, MS sent me the hotfix
>download hours later. Applied the hotfix and the error went away.
>

> "P. Di Stolfo" <paolodistolfo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news8131546-491F-40EE-9794-D846FAED99DC@microsoft.com...
>> Hello,
>>
>> try restarting the service by pressing Windows-key + R -> services.msc.
>> Look for the Windows Media Center Receiver Service, double-click it, and
>> click Start.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>> --
>> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
>> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> "Ted F" <no@spam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>>I get this message at boot up and I can't go into Vista MCE : "windows
>>>media center receiver service stopped working and was closed"
>>>
>>> What is doing this? How can I fix this?
>>>
>>> Help Please...

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Major Error in Vista Media Center
Ted

Which hotfix?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Ted F" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
>I got it solved. After I requested for the hotfix, MS sent me the hotfix
>download hours later. Applied the hotfix and the error went away.
>

> "P. Di Stolfo" <paolodistolfo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news8131546-491F-40EE-9794-D846FAED99DC@microsoft.com...
>> Hello,
>>
>> try restarting the service by pressing Windows-key + R -> services.msc.
>> Look for the Windows Media Center Receiver Service, double-click it, and
>> click Start.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>> --
>> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
>> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> "Ted F" <no@spam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>>I get this message at boot up and I can't go into Vista MCE : "windows
>>>media center receiver service stopped working and was closed"
>>>
>>> What is doing this? How can I fix this?
>>>
>>> Help Please...

dean-dean

Re: Major Error in Vista Media Center
Ted had another post here, in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...a-5a591b03a1f2

> Ted
>
> Which hotfix?
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Ted F" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
>>I got it solved. After I requested for the hotfix, MS sent me the hotfix
>>download hours later. Applied the hotfix and the error went away.
>>

>> "P. Di Stolfo" <paolodistolfo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news8131546-491F-40EE-9794-D846FAED99DC@microsoft.com...
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> try restarting the service by pressing Windows-key + R -> services.msc.
>>> Look for the Windows Media Center Receiver Service, double-click it, and
>>> click Start.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps.
>>> Greetings,
>>> P. Di Stolfo