Epson Stylus Color 480SXU

Jerry Wong

Epson Stylus Color 480SXU
Dear all,

I have installed the Epson Stylus Color 480SXU driver in Vista. However, I
am unable to install the Printer Status Monitor 3 (SM3). Without the SM3, I
don't know how to change the ink cartridge as there is no button on this usb
printer. Please advise how to change the ink cartridge without the SM3.

Many thanks
--
Jerry Wong
但我*抪茈L的應許、 盼望新天新地,有義居在其中。(彼後3:13)

John \(alias VM\)

Re: Epson Stylus Color 480SXU
Hi Jerry

I had probs with my Epson Stylus CX5200 and spent a hell of a lot of time
trying to sort things out. One of my probs was that, like you, I had no way
of monitoring the ink levels. Eventually I was helped by one of the Epson
Techies who pointed me in the right direction. The 'solution' is not ideal
but something is better than nothing(!) - the driver that the Techie got me
to download still doesn't show the Monitor but, instead, an amended screen
has a new button on it "Get Ink Levels" - press it and, hey presto, you can
see them! However, I have yet to see what happens when I need to change an
ink cartridge.

Even though you and I are using different printers, you might be interested
in having a look at the info the Techie gave me. It is on one of my
websites www.friendlysoft.co.uk.

Cheers
John

"Jerry Wong" <jerrywkwong_nospam@netvigator.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I have installed the Epson Stylus Color 480SXU driver in Vista. However,
> I am unable to install the Printer Status Monitor 3 (SM3). Without the
> SM3, I don't know how to change the ink cartridge as there is no button on
> this usb printer. Please advise how to change the ink cartridge without
> the SM3.
>
> Many thanks
> --
> Jerry Wong
> 但我*抪茈L的應許、 盼望新天新地,有義居在其中。(彼後3:13)
> But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to
> new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13)

Jerry Wong

Re: Epson Stylus Color 480SXU
Thanks John, I will try.

Cheers