Outlook express

donsr

Outlook express
I want to get back my micro soft "outlook express", is there a way to do this
or have something similiar???? Liked all the buttons and tabs across tool
bar....
--
Say it with "sabot" when you care to send the very best!
Peter Foldes

Re: Outlook express
The only way you can is to roll back to XP or set up a dual boot with Vista and XP.

Outlook Express does not install into Vista.

--
Peter

"donsr" <sabot105@military.com> wrote in message news:B32FE526-71F5-474E-83EE-7104C6D68669@microsoft.com...
>I want to get back my micro soft "outlook express", is there a way to do this
> or have something similiar???? Liked all the buttons and tabs across tool
> bar....
> --
> Say it with "sabot" when you care to send the very best!

mikeyhsd

Re: Outlook express
have you tried turning on the TOOL bar
View - Layout and check tool bar.
then you can customize it just as you did in OE.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

"donsr" <sabot105@military.com> wrote in message news:B32FE526-71F5-474E-83EE-7104C6D68669@microsoft.com...
I want to get back my micro soft "outlook express", is there a way to do this
or have something similiar???? Liked all the buttons and tabs across tool
bar....
--
Say it with "sabot" when you care to send the very best!
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Outlook express
Hello,

normally, Vista has something, it is Windows Mail that provides the same
functionality as Outlook Express (to start it, press Windows-key + R ->
msimn.exe -> Enter).

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language

"donsr" <sabot105@military.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I want to get back my micro soft "outlook express", is there a way to do
>this
> or have something similiar???? Liked all the buttons and tabs across tool
> bar....
> --
> Say it with "sabot" when you care to send the very best!

David A. Spicer

Re: Outlook express
You might want to try Windows Live Mail
http://get.live.com/betas/wlmail_betas
--------------------
Join Taglines Anonymous. We can help.

"donsr" <sabot105@military.com> wrote in message
>I want to get back my micro soft "outlook express", is there a way to do
>this
> or have something similiar???? Liked all the buttons and tabs across tool
> bar....
> --
> Say it with "sabot" when you care to send the very best!

Jaco Niemand

Re: Outlook express
Yes, Windows Mail is the replacement for Outlook Express in Vista. It is
located in you All Programs menu. It is not too different from Outlook
Express. It support POP3, IMAP4 etc, but it does not support http access to
e-mail, like hotmail.

There for you will need to download (free) and install the Windows Live Mail
desktop application.

You can also import your old Outlook Express settings into Windows Mail for
Vista.

"P. Di Stolfo" <paolodistolfo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> normally, Vista has something, it is Windows Mail that provides the same
> functionality as Outlook Express (to start it, press Windows-key + R ->
> msimn.exe -> Enter).
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> // http://blog.lysorp.com - small Windows Blog in German language
> //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "donsr" <sabot105@military.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>I want to get back my micro soft "outlook express", is there a way to do
>>this
>> or have something similiar???? Liked all the buttons and tabs across tool
>> bar....
>> --
>> Say it with "sabot" when you care to send the very best!

M.Butzin

Re: Outlook express

"David A. Spicer" <vista_ultimate_fan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You might want to try Windows Live Mail
> http://get.live.com/betas/wlmail_betas
> --------------------
> Join Taglines Anonymous. We can help.
>

> "donsr" <sabot105@military.com> wrote in message
>>I want to get back my micro soft "outlook express", is there a way to do
>>this
>> or have something similiar???? Liked all the buttons and tabs across tool
>> bar....
>> --
>> Say it with "sabot" when you care to send the very best!

But will it support old PDA's? like Palm Visor that still works?

MB

Richard G. Harper

Re: Outlook express
Neither Outlook Express, Live Mail nor Windows Mail "support" PDA devices.
In Windows XP you load either ActiveSync or the software for your PDA that
supports Windows XP, in Windows Vista you load either Windows Mobile Device
center or the software for your PDA that supports Vista.