Re: Vista RTM MUI

Diode

Re: Vista RTM MUI
Where can one find a definitive list of available MUI packs for Vista
Ultimate? In particular, I am looking for the Estonian MUI. Support info
on Microsoft sites is nonspecific on what languages are supported and when.
I really do not like the way language packs may or may not mysteriously
appear on Windows update.

Regards.

"Sayuri Wijaya [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, Vista Ultimate allows you to change your display language in English
> and in other languages like tamil/telugu for your family members on the same
> machine. I can't remember the entire list of language packs that we'll
> release for Vista. Assuming that we are releasing tamil & telugu, you can do
> the above.
>
> Sayuri Wijaya | Program Manager @ MUI | Ask me about installing additional
> languages on your Vista

> "K.S.Sathish" <sathish_pillai@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Sauri Vijaya,
> >
> > can you plz tell me about this in details, for eg, i can have English and
> > other user may be my family can have local languages like tamil/telugu
> > etc?
> >
> > Thankx
> >
> > K.S.Sathish Pillai
> >
> > "Sayuri Wijaya [MSFT]" <Sayuri Wijaya [MSFT]@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote in message
> >> All Vista SKUs have full MUI capabilities but you can only install
> >> additional
> >> MUI language packs on Vista Enterprise and Ultimate SKUs only. You can
> >> install LIP on all Vista SKUs though. By full MUI capabilities, I mean
> >> will
> >> load the right language resources in your application.
> >>
> >> With Vista Enterprise and Ultimate, you can install as many MUI language
> >> packs or LIP as you want (within your hardware's capabilities). You won't
> >> need additional license to install the additional languages.
> >>
> >> In Vista, the codes are stored in separate files from the localizable
> >> resources. Installing additional languages will add additional
> >> localizable
> >> resources in the different languages to your system. To read more about
> >> MUI,
> >> see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...tl/mui_MUI.asp
> >>
> >> There will be localized Vista available in about 32 languages.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Sayuri
> >>
> >> Sayuri Wijaya | Program Manager @ MUI | Ask me about installing
> >> additional
> >> languages on your Vista

> >> rights.

dean-dean

Re: Vista RTM MUI
Here's a list. As to whether it's definitive, I don't know.

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.as...=337746#337746