Zone Alarm Internet Security in Windows Vista Home Premium

Sam McIntyre

Zone Alarm Internet Security in Windows Vista Home Premium
Hi all,

I have a big problem - hope I get help to solve this.

I installed Zone Alarm Internet Security on my PC (Windows Vista Home
Premium) and decided to uninstall the software as I didn't like it.

This has resulted in my PC having two firewalls conflicting each other which
is resulting my internet access wirelessly set to "Connected with limited
access". I realised on the Vista Security Centre, that I cannot get rid of
Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite on the Firewalls settings part.

I have tried everything to get rid of it but no luck. Can anyone help to get
rid of this annoying problem as it is preventing my wireless access to go on
the Internet.

The software Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite is completely UNINSTALLED
from the computer but I feel not 100% due to the problem above.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XS11E

Re: Zone Alarm Internet Security in Windows Vista Home Premium
Sam McIntyre <SamMcIntyre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I installed Zone Alarm Internet Security on my PC (Windows Vista
> Home Premium)

Very bad move, never install malware on your computer!

> and decided to uninstall the software as I didn't like it.

Very good move but it won't uninstall completely as you've already
noticed, just one reason I classify anything from ZA as malware.

> I have tried everything to get rid of it but no luck.

Yup, typical Zone Alarm. Look here:

http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...message.id=103

Hope this helps, good luck!

dean-dean

Re: Zone Alarm Internet Security in Windows Vista Home Premium
You could try this:

Right-click Command Prompt and Run as Administrator. Type (or Copy and
Paste) the following commands, pressing Enter after each one:

net stop winmgmt
cd %windir%\system32\wbem
ren repository repository.old
net start winmgmt

This will rebuild the Repository, and by extension, rebuild the Vista
Security Centre. You may have to restart your computer to see a change.