Installing new OS onto Vista loaded computer

Greg

Installing new OS onto Vista loaded computer
I realize that there is no magic button to reformat a drive that has Vista
running on it but my goal is to install Windows Small Business Server 2003 on
a machine that I purchased recently. The machine had Vista pre-installed and
now I am looking for a way to rid myself of Vista and put on 2003. I have
tried booting from the install CD of 2003 and all goes well until I get the
blue screen with the error stop: 0x0000007B. What should I do?
John Barnes

Re: Installing new OS onto Vista loaded computer
It would really be helpful if you would be specific as to what has happened
to the point of the error, and do you get any messages with the stop code,
usually present.
Did you install any drivers as this is often a driver or missing driver
issue? Did you reboot at any time. Any information.

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I realize that there is no magic button to reformat a drive that has Vista
> running on it but my goal is to install Windows Small Business Server 2003
> on
> a machine that I purchased recently. The machine had Vista pre-installed
> and
> now I am looking for a way to rid myself of Vista and put on 2003. I have
> tried booting from the install CD of 2003 and all goes well until I get
> the
> blue screen with the error stop: 0x0000007B. What should I do?

Paul Randall

Re: Installing new OS onto Vista loaded computer
Go to the PC vendor's web site and see if they list drivers for Windows
Small Business Server 2003 or WXP. I'me assuming these two OSs would use
the same drivers, but I could be wrong. If there are no WXP drivers, find
an online chat or a phone number to call. It is possible that the MFG
designed the hardware/BIOS for Vista and that it can not work properly with
earlier OSs.

-Paul Randall

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I realize that there is no magic button to reformat a drive that has Vista
> running on it but my goal is to install Windows Small Business Server 2003
> on
> a machine that I purchased recently. The machine had Vista pre-installed
> and
> now I am looking for a way to rid myself of Vista and put on 2003. I have
> tried booting from the install CD of 2003 and all goes well until I get
> the
> blue screen with the error stop: 0x0000007B. What should I do?

Seth

Re: Installing new OS onto Vista loaded computer
"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I realize that there is no magic button to reformat a drive that has Vista
> running on it but my goal is to install Windows Small Business Server 2003
> on
> a machine that I purchased recently. The machine had Vista pre-installed
> and
> now I am looking for a way to rid myself of Vista and put on 2003. I have
> tried booting from the install CD of 2003 and all goes well until I get
> the
> blue screen with the error stop: 0x0000007B. What should I do?

You can format the drive within the SBS2003 setup routine (when you get to
the page asking you to choose a drive).

If you are getting a blue screen before getting to that point, you have
other issues which must be addressed first.

There's a lot more to the stop code than "0x0000007B".