Restore Procedure...

Bob

Restore Procedure...
Hello,
I bought a machine with Home Premium pre-installed.
I Purchased, downloaded and installed Ultimate.
I've backed up the machine and all is well.

My question is this.
If the machine crashes. I do not have the software to
reload the ultimate OS so that I can restore from the backup.

Please advise on what I should do to put things in place in case
I have a problem in the future.

Thanks in advance,
bob.
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Restore Procedure...
Windows Vista Complete PC Backup and Recovery screencast
https://blogs.technet.com/keithcombs...25/451838.aspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Bob" wrote:

Hello,
I bought a machine with Home Premium pre-installed.
I Purchased, downloaded and installed Ultimate.
I've backed up the machine and all is well.

My question is this.
If the machine crashes. I do not have the software to
reload the ultimate OS so that I can restore from the backup.

Please advise on what I should do to put things in place in case
I have a problem in the future.

Thanks in advance,
bob.
Rick Rogers

Re: Restore Procedure...
Hi,

Your purchase information should be stored at digital locker:
http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/content.aspx?ctId=302

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Bob" <bobmcc@tricoequipment.RemoveThis.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I bought a machine with Home Premium pre-installed.
> I Purchased, downloaded and installed Ultimate.
> I've backed up the machine and all is well.
>
> My question is this.
> If the machine crashes. I do not have the software to reload the ultimate
> OS so that I can restore from the backup.
>
> Please advise on what I should do to put things in place in case I have a
> problem in the future.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> bob.

robert.stojanov@gmail.com

Re: Restore Procedure...
On 29 , 06:34, "Bob" <bob...@tricoequipment.RemoveThis.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I bought a machine with Home Premium pre-installed.
> I Purchased, downloaded and installed Ultimate.
> I've backed up the machine and all is well.
>
> My question is this.
> If the machine crashes. I do not have the software to
> reload the ultimate OS so that I can restore from the backup.
>
> Please advise on what I should do to put things in place in case
> I have a problem in the future.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> bob.

Put your Backed up OS on a DVD, and some day when you got the problem
you can easly get back your OS through the set up Menu of the Vista by
choosing Restore my PC...

Bob

Re: Restore Procedure...
Thanks for the replies everyone.
It looks like it will be farily easy to recover from a bad drive.
thanks again.
bob.