Windows Mail prog

sirwilliam

Windows Mail prog
Trying to install and setup new HP w/Vista for friend. Initially have had
good luck, but now trying to get email established for him, found out Vista
only comes with a program called Windows Mail. Where in the world to you
locate it?

PS glad I'm helping him before I upgrade.
dean-dean

Re: Windows Mail prog
Shortcut: Start Menu\All Programs\Windows Mail

Target: C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\WinMail.exe

"sirwilliam" <sirwilliam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Trying to install and setup new HP w/Vista for friend. Initially have had
> good luck, but now trying to get email established for him, found out
> Vista
> only comes with a program called Windows Mail. Where in the world to you
> locate it?
>
> PS glad I'm helping him before I upgrade.

Rick Rogers

Re: Windows Mail prog
Hi,

Windows Mail is basically an updated Outlook Express. Simply click start and
type "windows mail" to locate it. You can then pin it to the start menu or
add an icon to the quicklaunch bar to make future access easier.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"sirwilliam" <sirwilliam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Trying to install and setup new HP w/Vista for friend. Initially have had
> good luck, but now trying to get email established for him, found out
> Vista
> only comes with a program called Windows Mail. Where in the world to you
> locate it?
>
> PS glad I'm helping him before I upgrade.

Jaco Niemand

Re: Windows Mail prog
Very similar to Outlook Express, but does not support http mail access like
hotmail. Therefore you will need to download Windows Live Mail desktop
application.