Vista failure to update - Error: 0x80004002

VanTaj

Vista failure to update - Error: 0x80004002
Hey guys,

Im running Windows Vista Premium on my HP desktop that I just bought a month
ago, its 2.80ghz with 3gb RAM and I cant install updates. When I go to
"Windows Update" n try to install updates It says - "Error(s) found: Code
80004002." I have also tried to install KB936782 n KB929399 update packages
from Microsoft but I get the same problem: "Installer encountered an error:
0x80004002, No such interface supported" I am really stressed out, any help
would be appreciated.

thnx

dean-dean

Re: Vista failure to update - Error: 0x80004002
You could try this:

Right-click Command Prompt (in Start Menu\Programs\Accessories) and choose
Run as Administrator. Type (or Copy and Paste) the following commands,
pressing Enter after each one:

regsvr32 wuapi.dll

regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

regsvr32 wups.dll

regsvr32 wups2.dll

regsvr32 wuwebv.dll

regsvr32 wucltux.dll

Close Command Prompt, and try Windows Update again.

"VanTaj" <VanTaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys,
>
> Im running Windows Vista Premium on my HP desktop that I just bought a
> month
> ago, its 2.80ghz with 3gb RAM and I cant install updates. When I go to
> "Windows Update" n try to install updates It says - "Error(s) found: Code
> 80004002." I have also tried to install KB936782 n KB929399 update
> packages
> from Microsoft but I get the same problem: "Installer encountered an
> error:
> 0x80004002, No such interface supported" I am really stressed out, any
> help
> would be appreciated.
>
> thnx

VanTaj

Re: Vista failure to update - Error: 0x80004002
I did try that mate but only the "regsvr32 wuapi.dll" works. The rest give me
an error saying: The module "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call to
DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.

"dean-dean" wrote:

> You could try this:
>
> Right-click Command Prompt (in Start Menu\Programs\Accessories) and choose
> Run as Administrator. Type (or Copy and Paste) the following commands,
> pressing Enter after each one:
>
> regsvr32 wuapi.dll
>
> regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
>
> regsvr32 wups.dll
>
> regsvr32 wups2.dll
>
> regsvr32 wuwebv.dll
>
> regsvr32 wucltux.dll
>
> Close Command Prompt, and try Windows Update again.
>
> "VanTaj" <VanTaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > Im running Windows Vista Premium on my HP desktop that I just bought a
> > month
> > ago, its 2.80ghz with 3gb RAM and I cant install updates. When I go to
> > "Windows Update" n try to install updates It says - "Error(s) found: Code
> > 80004002." I have also tried to install KB936782 n KB929399 update
> > packages
> > from Microsoft but I get the same problem: "Installer encountered an
> > error:
> > 0x80004002, No such interface supported" I am really stressed out, any
> > help
> > would be appreciated.
> >
> > thnx

dean-dean

Re: Vista failure to update - Error: 0x80004002
The error value ‘0x80070005’ means ‘Access Denied’. Did you right-click
Command Prompt (in Start Menu\Programs\Accessories) and choose Run as
Administrator? (Don't use Run).

>I did try that mate but only the "regsvr32 wuapi.dll" works. The rest give
>me
> an error saying: The module "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call to
> DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.
>

> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> You could try this:
>>
>> Right-click Command Prompt (in Start Menu\Programs\Accessories) and
>> choose
>> Run as Administrator. Type (or Copy and Paste) the following commands,
>> pressing Enter after each one:
>>
>> regsvr32 wuapi.dll
>>
>> regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
>>
>> regsvr32 wups.dll
>>
>> regsvr32 wups2.dll
>>
>> regsvr32 wuwebv.dll
>>
>> regsvr32 wucltux.dll
>>
>> Close Command Prompt, and try Windows Update again.
>>
>> "VanTaj" <VanTaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hey guys,
>> >
>> > Im running Windows Vista Premium on my HP desktop that I just bought a
>> > month
>> > ago, its 2.80ghz with 3gb RAM and I cant install updates. When I go to
>> > "Windows Update" n try to install updates It says - "Error(s) found:
>> > Code
>> > 80004002." I have also tried to install KB936782 n KB929399 update
>> > packages
>> > from Microsoft but I get the same problem: "Installer encountered an
>> > error:
>> > 0x80004002, No such interface supported" I am really stressed out, any
>> > help
>> > would be appreciated.
>> >
>> > thnx

VanTaj

Re: Vista failure to update - Error: 0x80004002
Yes I am the Administrator.

"dean-dean" wrote:

> The error value ‘0x80070005’ means ‘Access Denied’. Did you right-click
> Command Prompt (in Start Menu\Programs\Accessories) and choose Run as
> Administrator? (Don't use Run).
>
> "VanTaj" <VanTaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I did try that mate but only the "regsvr32 wuapi.dll" works. The rest give
> >me
> > an error saying: The module "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call to
> > DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.
> >

> > "dean-dean" wrote:
> >
> >> You could try this:
> >>
> >> Right-click Command Prompt (in Start Menu\Programs\Accessories) and
> >> choose
> >> Run as Administrator. Type (or Copy and Paste) the following commands,
> >> pressing Enter after each one:
> >>
> >> regsvr32 wuapi.dll
> >>
> >> regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
> >>
> >> regsvr32 wups.dll
> >>
> >> regsvr32 wups2.dll
> >>
> >> regsvr32 wuwebv.dll
> >>
> >> regsvr32 wucltux.dll
> >>
> >> Close Command Prompt, and try Windows Update again.

Seth

Re: Vista failure to update - Error: 0x80004002
That's not the same thing as right-clicking and choosing "Run as
Administrator".

> Yes I am the Administrator.
>
> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> The error value ‘0x80070005’ means ‘Access Denied’. Did you right-click
>> Command Prompt (in Start Menu\Programs\Accessories) and choose Run as
>> Administrator? (Don't use Run).
>>
>> "VanTaj" <VanTaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I did try that mate but only the "regsvr32 wuapi.dll" works. The rest
>> >give
>> >me
>> > an error saying: The module "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call to
>> > DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.

VanTaj

Re: Vista failure to update - Error: 0x80004002
Yes I did right click and chose "Run as Administrator" and the files dean
described did work but still the Windows Update is giving me the same error.

"Seth" wrote:

> That's not the same thing as right-clicking and choosing "Run as
> Administrator".
>
> "VanTaj" <VanTaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes I am the Administrator.
> >
> > "dean-dean" wrote:
> >
> >> The error value ‘0x80070005’ means ‘Access Denied’. Did you right-click
> >> Command Prompt (in Start Menu\Programs\Accessories) and choose Run as
> >> Administrator? (Don't use Run).

VanTaj

Re: Vista failure to update - Error: 0x80004002
Hey Dean,

Thanks that did solve the prob, however, now I get a new error(s) code:
800B0100

"VanTaj" wrote:

> Yes I did right click and chose "Run as Administrator" and the files dean
> described did work but still the Windows Update is giving me the same error.
>
> "Seth" wrote:
>
> > That's not the same thing as right-clicking and choosing "Run as
> > Administrator".
> >
> > "VanTaj" <VanTaj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Yes I am the Administrator.

Seth

Re: Vista failure to update - Error: 0x80004002
There was an issue with the validation servers. Try going here...
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine and validating manually.

> Hey Dean,
>
> Thanks that did solve the prob, however, now I get a new error(s) code:
> 800B0100
>
> "VanTaj" wrote:
>
>> Yes I did right click and chose "Run as Administrator" and the files dean
>> described did work but still the Windows Update is giving me the same
>> error.
>>
>> "Seth" wrote:
>>
>> > That's not the same thing as right-clicking and choosing "Run as
>> > Administrator".

dean-dean

Re: Vista failure to update - Error: 0x80004002
Have you tried the updates one at a time? That is, try un-checking all of
them except one and see if it installs; then try the next, and so on (to see
if one is blocking the others)...

If this works, which update(s) remain with the error code?