Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Error: Wrong Language

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2007
Eric H
 

Posts: n/a
Error: Wrong Language
I come to you guys beaten and broken because Microsoft stays true to their
history and is providing me no help with my issue.
I have recently bought a copy of Enterprise 2k7 so I can use Word to write
my term papers this semester as I no longer have any copies of previous
Office editions. However, EVERY time I insert the DVD, and error pops up and
says the disc language is not compatible. I know the error is lying to me
because the disc was bought in English, and my system is in English and has
absolutely no reason to be in any other as it has never left the country and
I have never installed any foreign software EVER.
Microsoft has given me nothing to work with, their chat is never online when
I check and I'll be damned if I pay to send an email when I already pissed
away money on this DVD. I cannot believe how little the support site helps.
Before you say to try a new disc, I have done so already. So what the hell
else do I do? My roommate installed it just fine with his disc and he has
almost the exact same parts my computer does so I don't understand what the
problem is.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2007
Carey Frisch [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error: Wrong Language
Office installation help:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ang =en&cr=US

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Eric H" <Eric H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6B890030-9489-438E-B7A0-CDAFD43B2A14@microsoft.com...
I come to you guys beaten and broken because Microsoft stays true to their
history and is providing me no help with my issue.
I have recently bought a copy of Enterprise 2k7 so I can use Word to write
my term papers this semester as I no longer have any copies of previous
Office editions. However, EVERY time I insert the DVD, and error pops up and
says the disc language is not compatible. I know the error is lying to me
because the disc was bought in English, and my system is in English and has
absolutely no reason to be in any other as it has never left the country and
I have never installed any foreign software EVER.
Microsoft has given me nothing to work with, their chat is never online when
I check and I'll be damned if I pay to send an email when I already pissed
away money on this DVD. I cannot believe how little the support site helps.
Before you say to try a new disc, I have done so already. So what the hell
else do I do? My roommate installed it just fine with his disc and he has
almost the exact same parts my computer does so I don't understand what the
problem is.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2007
Rick Rogers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error: Wrong Language
Hi,

Enterprise is either a volume or academic license. In either case, you need
to take the disk back to the source as they may have inadvertantly given you
the wrong language version.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"Eric H" <Eric H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6B890030-9489-438E-B7A0-CDAFD43B2A14@microsoft.com...
>I come to you guys beaten and broken because Microsoft stays true to their
> history and is providing me no help with my issue.
> I have recently bought a copy of Enterprise 2k7 so I can use Word to write
> my term papers this semester as I no longer have any copies of previous
> Office editions. However, EVERY time I insert the DVD, and error pops up
> and
> says the disc language is not compatible. I know the error is lying to me
> because the disc was bought in English, and my system is in English and
> has
> absolutely no reason to be in any other as it has never left the country
> and
> I have never installed any foreign software EVER.
> Microsoft has given me nothing to work with, their chat is never online
> when
> I check and I'll be damned if I pay to send an email when I already pissed
> away money on this DVD. I cannot believe how little the support site
> helps.
> Before you say to try a new disc, I have done so already. So what the
> hell
> else do I do? My roommate installed it just fine with his disc and he has
> almost the exact same parts my computer does so I don't understand what
> the
> problem is.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2007
robert.stojanov@gmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error: Wrong Language
On 29 , 01:20, Eric H <Eric H...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I come to you guys beaten and broken because Microsoft stays true to their
> history and is providing me no help with my issue.
> I have recently bought a copy of Enterprise 2k7 so I can use Word to write
> my term papers this semester as I no longer have any copies of previous
> Office editions. However, EVERY time I insert the DVD, and error pops up and
> says the disc language is not compatible. I know the error is lying to me
> because the disc was bought in English, and my system is in English and has
> absolutely no reason to be in any other as it has never left the country and
> I have never installed any foreign software EVER.
> Microsoft has given me nothing to work with, their chat is never online when
> I check and I'll be damned if I pay to send an email when I already pissed
> away money on this DVD. I cannot believe how little the support site helps.
> Before you say to try a new disc, I have done so already. So what the hell
> else do I do? My roommate installed it just fine with his disc and he has
> almost the exact same parts my computer does so I don't understand what the
> problem is.


Hi,
the only thing that I can tink of right now is to check your Regional
Settings through Control Panel to see if they are the same like the
Language of the Office on your DVD or just compare your Regional
Settings with the one of your roommate

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error to install the Spanish Language Pack Orlando microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 4 09-28-2007 07:59
Re: Error at the time of the installation of the french language pack tweek microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 04-05-2007 10:22
Vista: poor error handling, confusing UI - Tell me I'm wrong Rick microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 9 03-01-2007 03:00
WMP 11 - vista error? or am i doing something wrong jackyt microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-26-2007 14:34




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:15.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120