Optimized vistax64 install? how!

ashwa

Optimized vistax64 install? how!

Hey, I just got some insane error in drivers or whatnot in vista, and I
now have to reinstall because i dont wanna go through 19 hours of
hunting down the problem.. I didnt install anything at all but anyways..
Now that I reinstall I would like to get the os as streamlined as
possible.. seeing I HATE automatic stuff in the background I would like
to know what vista forces on you, like automatic backup and some
usersupervising nanny, firewall, etcetc

Are there some competent people out there who can point me at what
useless imho abilitys I can turn off after I get my clean install...
aero and such is going down too... but the vista menus are so awful that
I dont remember where I find all the options to disable any more.

thanks for the help

--
ashwa
Robert Moir

Re: Optimized vistax64 install? how!

"ashwa" <ashwa.2w1o30@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Are there some competent people out there who can point me at what
> useless imho abilitys I can turn off after I get my clean install...
> aero and such is going down too... but the vista menus are so awful that
> I dont remember where I find all the options to disable any more.

Well we can't tell you what to turn off because it's useless in your opinion
because we don't know what 'useless in your opinon' is. I mean, if you turn
off the firewall, the "supervising nanny" (I assume you mean UAC) and Aero
then you really should be thinking about why you're bothering with Vista in
the first place since most of the value it claims to bring to the party is
built on top of those functions. Still, it's your computer.

You might find the following site helpful
http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/servicecfg.htm

ashwa

Re: Optimized vistax64 install? how!

alot of good information on that site... but on a quick glance I cant
see anything about the UAC there...

"ashwa" <ashwa.2w3232@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> alot of good information on that site... but on a quick glance I cant
> see anything about the UAC there...

No. I don't believe it covers turning UAC off. I won't dispense or link to
what I think is stupid dangerous advice. If you want to do that then google
is your friend or I'm sure some idiot will be along shortly to tell you how
to do it and that I don't know what I'm talking about because they've been
running Windows XP for 20 years as an admin and never got a "Virii" ever.