Vista Validation error

3-Fold

Vista Validation error
I'm getting a validation error on my system. I tried calling Microsoft
support looking for help who then referred me back to Dell. The problem
they think is I had unknowingly set it to automatically download and install
updates. Overnight it had downloaded and attempted to install an update and
rebooted. When I tried to log on I got an validation error. I tried to
key-in the validation code on the computer which it does not accept. Dell's
solution is to re-install the OS. Is there any other way?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Vista Validation error
You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
(w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing
Enter.
The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"3-Fold" wrote:

I'm getting a validation error on my system. I tried calling Microsoft
support looking for help who then referred me back to Dell. The problem
they think is I had unknowingly set it to automatically download and install
updates. Overnight it had downloaded and attempted to install an update and
rebooted. When I tried to log on I got an validation error. I tried to
key-in the validation code on the computer which it does not accept. Dell's
solution is to re-install the OS. Is there any other way?

kctobyjoe

RE: Vista Validation error
i had a similar error
use the activate by telephone option
it gives you a series of keys LOTS of numbers actually
When I called MS I gave tehm JUST the first squenxce and it must have given
something away beacuse he gave me teh other 9 banks of numbers w/o a problem
activated and now is A-OK
WAS legal to begin with and was too for a DELL.
Hope this helps
kc