Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Dual Boot

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2007
Sam
 

Posts: n/a
Dual Boot
I have a 2003 Server installed and I want to make the machine dual boot with
VISTA. How do I install vista onto of the 2003 Server for Dual boot?

Thanks - Sam


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2007
John Barnes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Dual Boot
Install it onto a separate partition. You will need a full version

"Sam" <smd6169@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ukeO97Y6HHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I have a 2003 Server installed and I want to make the machine dual boot
>with VISTA. How do I install vista onto of the 2003 Server for Dual boot?
>
> Thanks - Sam
>


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2007
Jawade
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Dual Boot
In article <OvTm7KZ6HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, John Barnes <jbarnes@email.net> says...
> "Sam" <smd6169@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:ukeO97Y6HHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
> >I have a 2003 Server installed and I want to make the machine dual boot
> >with VISTA. How do I install vista onto of the 2003 Server for Dual boot?

>
> Install it onto a separate partition. You will need a full version


And repair the bootmanager with VistaBootPro.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten, Jawade. Bootmanager ook voor Vista
Zin in een koffie- thee- of borrelpraatje? Kom naar alt.jawade.nl
http://jawade.nl (Mirror op http://www.geocities.com/kolibrie.geo)
Bootmanager, ClrMBR, DiskEditors, POP3lezer, Filebrowser, Kalender
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2007
John Barnes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Dual Boot
If necessary. Vista should add an entry for 2003 server when installed.

"Jawade" <Henk_Jawade@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.213e80444877ee51989767@news.microsoft.com ...
> In article <OvTm7KZ6HHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, John Barnes
> <jbarnes@email.net> says...
>> "Sam" <smd6169@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:ukeO97Y6HHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>
>> >I have a 2003 Server installed and I want to make the machine dual boot
>> >with VISTA. How do I install vista onto of the 2003 Server for Dual
>> >boot?

>>
>> Install it onto a separate partition. You will need a full version

>
> And repair the bootmanager with VistaBootPro.
>
> --
> Met vriendelijke groeten, Jawade. Bootmanager ook voor Vista
> Zin in een koffie- thee- of borrelpraatje? Kom naar alt.jawade.nl
> http://jawade.nl (Mirror op http://www.geocities.com/kolibrie.geo)
> Bootmanager, ClrMBR, DiskEditors, POP3lezer, Filebrowser, Kalender


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2007
Jawade
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Dual Boot
In article <#NEIYXa6HHA.5984@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, John Barnes <jbarnes@email.net> says...
> If necessary. Vista should add an entry for 2003 server when installed.


You're right.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten, Jawade. Bootmanager ook voor Vista
Zin in een koffie- thee- of borrelpraatje? Kom naar alt.jawade.nl
http://jawade.nl (Mirror op http://www.geocities.com/kolibrie.geo)
Bootmanager, ClrMBR, DiskEditors, POP3lezer, Filebrowser, Kalender
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2007
Sam
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Dual Boot
Thank you all.

"Jawade" <Henk_Jawade@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.213e95b4dc40b37898976a@news.microsoft.com ...
> In article <#NEIYXa6HHA.5984@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, John Barnes
> <jbarnes@email.net> says...
>> If necessary. Vista should add an entry for 2003 server when installed.

>
> You're right.
>
> --
> Met vriendelijke groeten, Jawade. Bootmanager ook voor Vista
> Zin in een koffie- thee- of borrelpraatje? Kom naar alt.jawade.nl
> http://jawade.nl (Mirror op http://www.geocities.com/kolibrie.geo)
> Bootmanager, ClrMBR, DiskEditors, POP3lezer, Filebrowser, Kalender



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dual Boot from SCSI Using Vista Boot Pro John microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 4 08-27-2007 16:20
Dual Boot partendo da XP installato su HD boot per mettere ... VISTA Duncan microsoft.public.it.windows.vista 5 07-21-2007 09:59
How can one restore Vista boot on a dual boot setup? =?Utf-8?B?YXZmcmVhaw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 04-04-2007 14:00
Dual boot using Vista Boot Pro 3.1 Marcus microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 03-01-2007 03:45
Removing Vista from a dual boot w/XP: fixmbr/fixboot not restoring boot.ini Dan microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 11 02-28-2007 21:12




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:04.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120